It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker attack on water treatment plant.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
A water treatment plant in Oldsmar, Florida was hacked on the 5th. Luckily, an alert water treatment operator was watching this hack take place in real time. The hacker increased the amount of lye added to the water more than 100 times.

Link

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this may have been an attempted terrorist attack or feeling out the system to plan something worse.
Whichever it is, it's just evil to want to harm thousands of innocent people.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Why is lye used in water. In Aust we use fluoride which is bad emough

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ya, and now they are going through and finding all those safety measures they mentioned when they assured us they would have caught it before it got to our taps.
My dad worked at a water treatment plant, he would drive around to all the wells and gather samples as well as samples from the plants itself to test as well as check a bunch of graphs that kept updating constantly through the night. He stayed busy all night.
I hope they aren't just relying on the computers. I hope they are still doing the actual lab testing on a regular basis.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
It raising the ph level which reduces the corrosion of the water lines which reduces the amount of lead in the water. Or at least that was what I just read?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I was going to do a thread on this, but add inn Bill Gates prediction of bio terrorism attacks.

I am thinking some fool is gonna dump an ass-load of fentonyl or something next.

this was just a probe to see what the defenses are.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this may have been an attempted terrorist attack or feeling out the system to plan something worse.

What else would it be?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why is lye used in water. In Aust we use fluoride which is bad emough

Sodium hydroxide is used to clean any number of pieces of processing equipment in labs, we used it in our vacuum stills to clean resin residues etc.. I suspect it used for much the same: mineral deposits etc. Lye is the ingredient in Liquid Plumber
edit on 9-2-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I guess I need to ask the obvious question here...

Why would a critical computer running a critical system even be accessible to outside sources?
What possible reason would it need to be connected to WiFi or any other external source?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sounds like we should 'watch our water'.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I guess I need to ask the obvious question here...

Why would a critical computer running a critical system even be accessible to outside sources?
What possible reason would it need to be connected to WiFi or any other external source?
....just like voting machines 🤔

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The realist in me says that it was some dumb kid doing it because they found out that they could.

Or this was a genuine error and an attempt to cover it up by blaming hackers.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of when the joker turned Gothams water supply into jelly, but way darker.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Reminds me of when the joker turned Gothams water supply into jelly, but way darker.
During the coldest days of the year, I can totally see that, dumping jello powder into the water system, lol

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Not gonna lie, it's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember, hah.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

My thought was that it was a test run.

I read a while back, around 2008, that the easiest way to take over a country, is to make the majority of the people sick, and to knock out their water supply.

I pray it was either a mistake or some disgruntled employee. Not that it would good, just that it is a less distressing alternative.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm getting a domestic terrorist feel from this one, like a tech branch of Antifa or some kind of false flag psy-op to demonize conservatives as far right extremists that need extreme measures to deal with.

Send in the drones now perhaps?

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around, one who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

I've heard the term "clowns" used as a nickname for the CIA, seems an accurate label.
edit on 9-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Lol.

So Dominion machines are safe from hacks.

But not a random water treatment plant?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I read a while back, around 2008, that the easiest way to take over a country, is to make the majority of the people sick, and to knock out their water supply.

Our water supply is very decentralized, it's typically on a municipal or country level. Our electrical grid on the other hand is much more intertwined.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I've got my crystal ball out and I can see the authorities finding the culprit. He's white, an owner of many guns but more importantly his posts on facebook shows he is a rabid Trump supporter, with many threats of insurrection.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join