It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share the food from your part of the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Damn. I mean, for real, damn.

That is a work of art.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Hello everyone I would like to introduce a Persian dish called baghali polo which is a very tasty veggie rice served with chicken or lamb .For the rice you need Dills,garlic and fava beans and for the meat you need onions turmeric,tomato paste,saffron.....first chop the dills and a few garlic cloves finely peel the fava beans and mix it with some rice,add water and put it to boil until the water is all gone and rice is soft and fluffy.This will take about 45 minutes with low heat,remember that the water level should cover almost three centimeters above the mixture...To prepare the meat first cut them in medium pieces then saute it with chopped onions and a dash of turmeric ,salt and pepper and then add a spoonfull of tomato paste.Then add water to cover the meat and let it simmer for at least one hour for the chicken and two and a half hours for the lamb,at the end add the saffron and serve it with the rice...Bon apetite

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Honestly, in the world of BBQ the brisket is considered the final step of learning to cook. It can be tempermental to handle as it is a complex and large piece of meat. A vein of fat running through the middle can cause it to cook really quickly for example. So there is no set time or temp. The connective tissues break down around 203, but i've seen a tender brisket at 195 many times. And i've seen one tougher still at 205. So its all about feel, and understanding what you are doing.

But int he end, even if you don't know what you are doing, i fyou follow the basic steps I describe, you will have a delicious piece of meat. You can then work on perfecting stuff like the bark, smoke ring, or moisture on subsequent cooks.

To me the important part is what im sipping on while I cook. Bourbon, or beer?

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Bourbon, or beer?

Yes.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

2 bottles i have purchased more than 1 of in the last month:

9 Bands Bourbon (white label)
TX Whiskey (the blended one)

Each have been exceedingly fantastic. 9 Bands was priced on par with Crown. TXWhiskey blend was about double that. The unblended TX brand isn't quite as good, but is in line with Crown. Just to put context to price points.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'll see if I can track those down by me, since I haven't been traveling my ability to come home with some new and unique spirits has been severely curtailed.

Liver is happy, mouth is not.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shapur

This sounds really good. Favas are not as easy to find....but i may give this a go. I love rice.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join