It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some States Have made a Pledge to support BLM 13 Guiding Principles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is a bit dicey to report on. The original story came from:
kfab.iheart.com... 1201&rid=60304933&sc=email&pname=newsletter&cid=kfab-am&keyid=Local%20iHeart%20Daily%20(NewsTalk)&campid=

KFAB local News Radio station that styled its story as:
"Some Ames, Iowa parents keeping kids home over Queer and Trans Affirmations

Then they go on to poorly reveal that the Queer and Trans affirmations are contained in the BLM 13 Guiding Principles which have been endorsed by some States, apparently requiring kids to accept the affirmations.

"In some other school districts, students have been asked to make a pledge to accepting the affirmations, but not in Ames."

The 13 principles are listed as:www.blacklivesmatteratschool.com...

1. Restorative Justice
We are committed to collectively, lovingly, and courageously working vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people. As we forge our path, we intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.​

2. Empathy
We are committed to practicing empathy; we engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

3. Loving Engagement
We are committed to embodying and practicing justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

4. Diversity
We are committed to acknowledging, respecting, and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.

5. Globalism
We see ourselves as part of the global Black family and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black folk who exist in different parts of the world.​

6. Queer Affirming
We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.

7. Trans Affirming
We are committed to embracing and making space for trans siblings to participate and lead. We are committed to being self-reflexive and doing the work required to dismantle cis-gender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

8. Collective Value
We are guided by the fact all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status or location.

9. Intergenerational
We are committed to fostering an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with capacity to lead and learn.

10. Black Families
We are committed to making our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We are committed to dismantling the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” that require them to mother in private even as they participate in justice work.

11. Black Villages
We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

12. Unapologetically Black
We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a necessary prerequisite for wanting the same for others.​

13. Black Women
​We are committed to building a Black women affirming space free from sexism, misogyny, and male‐centeredness.

Interesting.

I guess the quandry this presents to me is......while quite obviously this is all about Black people, it's being adopted by States for all their school districts? Isn't it quite possible that there are some non-Black children in those schools?

And then there's "11. Black Villages
We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable."

Well it would seem rather obvious that the non-Blacks wouldnt be welcome as members of Black Villages? Christians committed to "Western" Values certainly wouldnt be acceptable to them especially if non-Black I would think.

Please discuss and maybe you can help me reconcile this to the reality of the Public Schools systems. Thanks

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Starting to sound more like a cult than a movement to me.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I will stick to the Golden rule. It covers all of that and more equally for everyone.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That all sounds wonderful, but are people really practicing what they preach?

We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable."

This can work, it works well in the Asian community. It is done so younger generations get the best education possible.
That is the end goal, not the mothers "comfort".

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I remember a time where we didn't treat anyone differently based on skin color and people were free to live their lives as they wished, as long as it didn't infringe upon the rights of anyone else.

But that was in the before times.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why don't they just rename this movement to what it actually represents. Communism.

The part I really like is "we need not qualify our position". hahahahahHahahahahaa. Okay BLM. Okay.....

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Seems to work for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
all that comrade this comrade that. not surprised. You can use that in the military ,but not for normal Joes. It is saying WE ARE ALL ZEE PARTY.

a reply to: Joneselius

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Lol...BLM standing for lgbtq+++++$&% rights....

www.humanrightsfirst.org...

www.antillean.org...

To illustrate the point in the above link.

huffpost.com...

Yeah... 'black culture' is definitely huge into supporting the gay and trans folk...totally....
edit on 2/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A bunch of hokey... and I say that as a black guy.

What I find crazy is I live in a super liberal town where practically all my neighbors have BLM signs in their yard or windows. The vast majority of those neighbors are white. I am sure not a single one of them know anything about these "affirmations" and how they might conflict with their own world view.

Black Lives Matter to everyone except black folks...

My issue is that stating black lives matter makes it seem like black people are being killed every day.... wait, we are... BY BLACK PEOPLE.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the usual suspects to join the chat to try and spin this SJW crap show somehow.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Personally I think this is a crutch and an insult to regular black folks everywhere.

Let us hold your hand while you navigate the struggles of life there there infantile weapons grade bs.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I remember when calling someone a queer was a bad thing. How things have changed.

Try walking up to a black guy and saying hey bro..hows it going, you will be lucky if you just get a black eye, that tradition is theirs. I respect their culture. I am different, and I think that is ok, as long as you give respect to the good people who are black. I do not respect black people who are jerks or dishonest just because they are black...after all, I do not respect white people who have those qualities so it is racist to give them respect for something I would not respect a white person for.

We all have equal rights to work our buns off for crumbs and bow down to the power hungry prestigious people running this country. If you want to deceive people and overcharge them, then you can get rich and join the entitled people in this country....something I will pass on. I thought of running for president just to say I did, but it would require me to lie and deceive people to win and I really don't want to live in DC with all those people who lie and deceive the masses and my luck, I would win and be required to put up with their BS all day long....I won't even run for a spot on the city council because of that reason....entitled people tend to want that kind of job.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If my state, Tennessee supports BLM, we will have a new Governor next cycle.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I remember a time where we didn't treat anyone differently based on skin color and people were free to live their lives as they wished, as long as it didn't infringe upon the rights of anyone else.

I always treated my cats differently, after all, they are the true royalty of the world....got to watch those black cats though, they can be bad luck if you cross their path.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"Trained Marxists" founder Patrisse's words

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
More indoctrination? what the F, since when we send children to school to be told in what to believe,

This is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And then there's "11. Black Villages

I remember when I was a kid this was called "neighborhood" and "community." Where one parent -- usually the mom -- was home all day and everyone knew each other and they all kept an eye on each other's kids. And our own parents made it clear to us that other parents had their permission to scold and even -- gasp! -- smack some sense into us when necessary and proper. When we were at someone else's home, we acted right. We had respect and courtesy for our friends' parents. If we were invited for dinner, we helped clear the table and do the dishes. If we made a mess playing, we cleaned up before we went home. When someone was ill, or experienced a death, everyone rallied to help out with food, rides, chores -- whatever they needed.

Beyond the neighborhood was the community. The churches, the social/charity clubs, schools, Scouts, and so on and so forth.

Now we live in gated communities where we don't even know our neighbors names. We have automatic doors on our garage so we can go in and out without contact with others. You can't go sit out in your driveway on lawn chairs and shoot the breeze with your neighbors. Your kids can't ride their bikes in the street. No skating on the sidewalk. No hopscotch on drawn on streets and sidewalks or little girls jumping rope in the front yard. Or boys shooting hoops or passing a football. No running through sprinklers or drinking out of the hose. Folks don't even know their neighbor's kids anymore.

It worked. It was effective. It was efficient. We should have tried harder to extend that to those who did not have it, not ruin it for everyone who did.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Didn't they know calling others "comrades" is among the worst, most violent and hateful things you can call another person? They can blather on about all the niceties they like but reality is any problems are being blamed on one race, one gender, one religion and one sexual orientation. To "fix" those problems it will be necessary for said guilty groups to "give" more and accept less in the name of historical justice.

The US constitution was written as a franchise of rights which has been extended to include everyone of all genders and racial and ethnic types. Anyone got an issue with that should move to any other country they like and see how fair and just those societies are.

posted on Feb, 2 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Actually, if you could go back to the 90's you'd be surprised.

All this resurrected racial bs is just an excuse to explain and deflect accountability and ineptitude. Not to mention, you have an entire generation of "some college" graduates who were taught that nothing is their fault...ever.

What happened to your great grandfather in 1858 is the reason you skip school or can't make it to work? 🤦🏾‍♂️ (If that's true, then go dig up gramps and have him write you a note explaining your absence(s).

With that kind of programming, a person's failures are practically guaranteed because there's no real inventive to even try, but somehow you're empowered because no matter what you do, someone else somewhere down the line can ALWAYS be blamed.

THAT'S INSANE.

States are REALLY going to have grade school kids of all nationalities take on a reaffirming guilt trip every day in school?????

Wow.

Schools are now nothing more than legalized reeducation camps.

edit on 2/2/2021 by EternalShadow because: correction/eta

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join