It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what it has come to in Canada, and just might be coming your side of the fence soon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just wanted to share a few anecdotes on the current state of things here in Quebec, Canada.

There is now a curfew everywhere from 8pm to 5am. This is enforced by police.

You simply cannot be outside of your house between those hours, unless you have official documents declaring you as "essential."

A colleague of mine went to a store to buy boots for her children, and she was refused.

Apparently boots aren't considered essential, and they weren't allowed to buy them.

I don't know if this is enforced in all stores, or just that particular one.

The first person to get vaccinated in the country just tested positive for covid.

So that's not very much inspiring...

On that note, all the news seem to talk about is the vaccine.

I work in a residence for the elderly, where we've had a few outbreaks of covid.

Recently we have had zero cases, and the residents have been allowed to exit their appartment and the dining room and sitting areas have been re-opened.

We close them off when we have cases, this makes sense. However, we've just now closed off the dining area and were tasked with removing all chairs from sitting areas to discourage "gatherings."

On a more positive note, I've talked to the family of some of the residents moving out, and it seems many are bringing their parents / grand-parents back home with them so they won't be alone in isolation for what for some are their last days.

Virus be damned, many if not most of the residents would gladly take their chance with the virus if it meant they can see their family, even if it caused their death

"I lived a great life, and I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to not be allowed to live for whatever time I have left" one woman told me.

Can you honestly tell me you still 100% have faith that the goal of all these newly enforced measures is for the greater good of everyone?

Or is something starting to just seem plain wrong to you?

We are being imposed more and more regulations, which we accept unquestioningly.

Is it really all for the virus which isn't nearly as deadly as most expected?

I don't know anything... But this is looking all kinds of wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Almost like they know something the rest of us don't.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hows the covid #s in Quebec?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Haven't you seen the leaders of our big cities are saying it's time to open back up? They were the most stringent before the election, now that Trump is out they've suddenly had a change of heart.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It’s NEVER been about the virus. It’s been about taking more control, and they aren’t going to give it back. They never planned on giving it back. Those who don’t see that by now are part of the problem and they simply just like being controlled.

It’s never been about the virus.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thats cool, the police aren't allowed on my property.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Haven't you seen the leaders of our big cities are saying it's time to open back up? They were the most stringent before the election, now that Trump is out they've suddenly had a change of heart.

No one on here predicted that, did they?

They won’t give full open society back, though. They have the magic bullet now they can use whenever the unwashed masses start feeling too much like sovereign beings again. “There’s a new strain and it’s super duper deadly this one, and super super contagious, so we have to go back to lockdowns and curfews for two weeks or 18 months, for everyone’s protection.”

They wouldn’t be able to do this to us if people just said “no.” But too many people have become stupid and a degraded human being who is too lazy to think.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I don't really look at the numbers.

The only deaths I know of were ones everybody saw coming, as they already had several close-calls pre-covid.

I know of many residents who tested positive, and they looked no sicker than they did before, except for two.

One seemed to have a mild cold and recovered fully without hospitalization.

The other seemed to have trouble breathing at times, and also recovered fully without hospitalization.

A few I'm not familiar with had to be hospitalized, though I believe they mostly all came back and recovered.

The average age of the residents is over 90 years old, and many already are in declining health.

They are the most vulnerable, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not seeing the virus to be as destructive to their lives as the actual isolation and confinement and overall stress and gloom and doom.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey, here in Michigan we have a 3 week pause because of new cases. That 3 week pause has been going on for over 12 weeks.

The OP is exactly right - expect this in the states in short order now that a "new" strain has been detected. Stock up, buckle up and plan to stay off the roads during a national pause.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86 Thank you for sharing some insight and context in terms of your own view on things there in your part of the world.

It feels like it doesn’t make sense by design. And yet it makes almost too much sense. Tip of the iceberg and all

Certainly not encouraging news about the vaccine there.

Sounds like CA and NY may be implementing mandatory vaccines for students and children shortly here...

Thanks for the update!

edit on 14-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

"I lived a great life, and I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to not be allowed to live for whatever time I have left" one woman told me.

powerful statement there

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   
And this curfew enforced by police, what is the reason given? Is COVID more potent and spread more at night??? What possible reason could they have for restricting people's movements to such a degree?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

I don't really look at the numbers.

The only deaths I know of were ones everybody saw coming, as they already had several close-calls pre-covid.

I know of many residents who tested positive, and they looked no sicker than they did before, except for two.

One seemed to have a mild cold and recovered fully without hospitalization.

The other seemed to have trouble breathing at times, and also recovered fully without hospitalization.

A few I'm not familiar with had to be hospitalized, though I believe they mostly all came back and recovered.

The average age of the residents is over 90 years old, and many already are in declining health.

They are the most vulnerable, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not seeing the virus to be as destructive to their lives as the actual isolation and confinement and overall stress and gloom and doom.

I can agree, the isolation and confinement not doing anyone, any favours. You guys and Ontario locking down hard, the #s aren't good overall. I don't know the right answer, but I sure am sick of this!

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
And this curfew enforced by police, what is the reason given? Is COVID more potent and spread more at night??? What possible reason could they have for restricting people's movements to such a degree?

It's come to the point where everyone jokes about it.

It's ridiculous, everyone agrees it makes no sense, and yet...

The reason given is again, to discourage gatherings and "parties."

Yeah, I don't get it either...

They tell you if you went to see someone, and it's 8pm, you have to spend the night there.

Somehow... virus... is related? I don't know, it was never made clear to anyone.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The logic is to keep people from gathering in the evening, drinking, all that.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Not everyone out past 8pm is going out drinking.......
edit on pm11202121America/Chicago14p09pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I am in the medical field and I have numerous friends that are in the medical field; doctors, nurses, administration, almost every section of the medical field, and there is no consensus from my group of peers. None of us feel confident that we know what is going on.

Up until this week, I have been saying that I don't know anyone personally that has died of COVID. Since Saturday I can now say that I know four people. They range between the ages of 54 to 74. All were considered healthy, and none were sick prior to coming down with their condition. They say they died from COVID, but one of them is a friend that has been in self quarantine since March. She gets her deliveries left at the gate, so that makes no darn sense to me at all.

While I agree with you,and I feel I would rather take my chances with the virus over the vaccine, I still have serious concerns about what this virus actually is, and how it is actually transmitted. I understand it is a novel virus, and they know very little about it, I don't hold them responsible about that. What I hold them responsible for, is trying to convince people to have faith in the scientist and the vaccine, while they are telling us they don't know what they are really dealing with, and that most of what they have determined is mostly guess work.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Not everyone out past 8pm is going out drinking.......

I hear ya, I'm not making the rules..I'm on the west coast, for the last 5 weeks, I'm not allowed to have anyone in my home, and not going to, for another 3 weeks..I can go to the bar though

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Folks are 'allowed' to walk their dogs, during the curfew, if they stay within one kilometer of home.

Funny word eh : 'allowed' ! LoL !!

Ridiculous times in clown-world !

Anyone who believes in science, knows that a healthy person taking a stroll at 10pm, is a community health-hazard !

KG is right : it was never about just the 'supposed' 'virus', nor the WuWuFlu™.

edit on 14-1-2021 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

People live in Canada on purpose?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join