It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Armed militias are illegal”........ um?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

And, unless something is illegal it is legal.

However, the Constitution defines the Militia as something quite different than a pack of guys with guns.

edit on 1/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes. Revolution is long overdue and now it may be too late.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes. Revolution is long overdue and now it may be too late.

It may be too late.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
And, unless something is illegal it is legal.

You can't obey laws that don't exist.

However, the Constitution defines the Militia as something quite different than a pack of guys with guns.

The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, says that "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" - 'well-regulated'' by who? is the only question there. The Constitution and it's Amendments doesn't define a Militia in any other way.

And in 2008, the Supreme Court ruled that People have the Right to own guns for self-defense.
edit on 16-1-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The Constitution and it's Amendments doesn't define a Militia in any other way.

I quoted Article 1 earlier. Here it is again:

The Congress shall have Power * * * To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.

The Congress shall have Power * * * To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.
www.law.cornell.edu...

And in 2008, the Supreme Court ruled that People have the Right to own guns for self-defense.
Yes, I know. And at the same time it said that states can make laws concerning gun ownership. It also has nothing to do with this topic.

edit on 1/16/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That's still not a definition of a Militia, just a way of Organizing it. You see, it also falls under the Right to Assemble. They are connected.

Yes, I know. And at the same time it said that states can make laws concerning gun ownership. It also has nothing to do with this topic.

Absolutely it has to do with this subject. As the Right to Bear Arms is also a requirement of being in a Militia - at least it used to be.

I have a funny feeling the Supreme Court will have to make a ruling on this, as well.
edit on 16-1-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The topic is the Constitution. The topic is the claim that militias are legal under the Constitution. They are. And the Constitution explains what the militia is for and how it is administered. Unless it is administered by the State, it's a pack of guys with guns with no authority to do anything but pack guns.

You're welcome, btw, for showing you Article 1. Apparently you weren't aware of it. I know that the 2nd amendment can be distracting. But it's important to understand the context.
edit on 1/17/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join