It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Passes, Trump will face Senate trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So the vote to impeach Donald J. Trump passes

LIVE Vote Count: 232 to 197

Now what?
At the federal level, the impeachment process is a three-step procedure

First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.

Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".

WE ARE HERE NOW:

Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate, who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires the concurrence of a two-thirds supermajority of those present. The result of conviction is removal from office.

As they say, it isn't over until the fat lady sings. Trump has already evaded charges in Senate in one impeachment trial...
Can he be so fortunate a second time?

edit on 13-1-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

(post by Hellas removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Looks like 10 republicans voted to impeach Trump.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Is this supposed to improve the situation? I don't think it will.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
MCconnell's already refused to call a special session, so nothing will happen until after Trump's term ends anyway.

What was the final vote?

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

The house has not given the president due process. They house in in violation of the constitution they found him guilty without a trial.

I cant believe we are at this point in america.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Is this supposed to improve the situation? I don't think it will.

Of course it won't. At this point, I almost don't see how the republic will survive.

Which might be the whole idea, actually.

link   
a reply to: Hellas

Get me a a napkin. I view this impeachment as a challenge to Republican Senators to save their party. Vote this sucker out now and make it clear that the Republican Party will no longer tolerate criminals like Trump positions of power in that party.

+6 more 
link   

Your tax dollars at work ladies and gentlemen. Round of applause for money well spent. Remember, that money that comes off your checks you're not receiving because of lockdowns is paying for this grand show.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

A meaningless Kangaroo Court impeachment. Expect to see a lot of them if Joe Biden's Administration takes office.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Good.

Trump needs to be held accountable.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Get me a a napkin. I view this impeachment as a challenge to Republican Senators to save their party. Vote this sucker out now and make it clear that the Republican Party will no longer tolerate criminals like Trump positions of power in that party.

Riiight, because you can't wait 7 more days. Like we don't have other problems to focus on. Get your priorities straight.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It’s funny how an impeachment could be fast tracked but neither side could figure out a way to help the American people for so long. It’s kind of disappointing they’d waste our tax dollars and time on such a small thing at this point.

+29 more 
link   
a reply to: dug88

Five months to cough up a measly $600, but only 8 hours to impeach the United States president.

link   
GASP

I’m sure he cares

Not

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

From someone who has made his disdain for all politics conservative loud and clear, your opinion on this issue means exactly jack squat. Republican pandering to the left is what got us in this situation to begin with... had they stayed true to their base, they'd have the House, Senate, and White House right now.

link   
a reply to: dug88

Oh brother.. And we spend money on Trump's golfing and his so called victory lap of the wall that Mexico was meant to pay for yesterday.

Ya.. Those tax dollars.. We don't care if Trump wastes em.. By by god if Obama...

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Looks like 10 republicans voted to impeach Trump.

Now all they need is 17 Republicans to vote for removing him
I don't see it

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

BOOOM!!!!!!!

Oh wait?

No wait, its part of the plan ........

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Watch the Senate Trial end up showing the evidence isn't incriminating 😃

top topics