It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Popcorn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.mufoncms.com...
2020-12-02 Albertville AL, US

The MUFON site has a lot of garbage on it, but every once in a while something a little out of the ordinary is posted. This is one of those. Odd little thing. Looks like of like popcorn in some individual video frames -- could be a result of the thing being filmed through trees or a window screen -- but in other frames it changes shape (not necessarily due to camera jiggle or bad focus). At several points, it also appears to have a tiny little "companion" flashing in for a frame or so. In another frame, whether a result of camera or object movement, it appears to have a kind of strobe going on not seen in other frames. I thought it was interesting. You may not.

(Companion too little to see anything but a few pixels.)
edit on 11-1-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

First guess would be the usual group of Mylar Baloons that change shape as they blow around with one that got away.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The intergalactic community knew that our time of need was upon us, with epic national butthurt and internet outrage.

They sent us popcorn to get us through. Butter is on the way soon, sent from deep within the dairy mines of Ruminant 4.

The popcorn effect is from the camera. Not sure what it is, but it seems pretty low in the sky.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

First guess would be the usual group of Mylar Baloons that change shape as they blow around with one that got away.

Maybe. Funny how the companion would be so much smaller than the other balloons, and seem to move so much faster, yet never drift too far from the original cluster. Also, it doesn't flash at the same rate. And that flashing. Have you seen videos of balloon clusters glowing and then flashing all at once? It would be interesting to compare the two.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
The popcorn effect is from the camera. Not sure what it is, but it seems pretty low in the sky.

Could be a camera artifact. Doesn't apparently do it with the little blinky companion, though. But it could be too small.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Could be a camera artifact. Doesn't apparently do it with the little blinky companion, though. But it could be too small.

That picture shows it even better. Definitely from the camera.

I don't know about mylar balloons though, seems pretty dark for them to be so bright. I've only ever seen balloons reflect that much light in direct sunlight.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Looks like the last image from the Russian Phobos mission.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That picture shows it even better. Definitely from the camera.

Did the camera do it, or merely capture it?

I don't know about mylar balloons though, seems pretty dark for them to be so bright. I've only ever seen balloons reflect that much light in direct sunlight.

They do seem pretty lit up.

new topics

top topics

join