It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of a Buzzard and a Rabbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ok... so taking Husky for a walk this morning I stumbled across a dead Buzzard and a dead Rabbit... spaced about 2 meters apart... Buzzard had its head missing... also had what looked like a blue type of string material on its neck which to me looked like the Buzzards head had been pulled off but this could of just been some random piece of string/plastic material which attached itself to the Buzzard caused by the wind blowing it onto the Buzzard... there were also small indents in the grass which looked like either another animal had come along during the early hours or the Rabbits footprints... now if this was a fox, surely it would have enjoyed the meal which had been left, especially the rabbit, so I'm thinking the small footprints were the rabbits as it was trying to escape the Buzzard but then if so, what took the Buzzards head off??

My GF thinks maybe the Rabbit and the Buzzard were fighting in the road or the Buzzard attacked the Rabbit from above and whilst doing so, a car hit both of them... the driver of said car, got out, cut the head off the Buzzard and then lay both the Rabbit and the Buzzard on the patch of grass... 2 meters apart. Sounds plausible but why rip or cut the head off the Buzzard? and why place them 2 meters apart?

Also... the small footprints... if they belonged to the rabbit, then this incident didn't take place in the road... i'll tell you why... because the footprints were coming from an area which has bushes, not from where the road is and if its a Foxes prints... why leave the Rabbit?

Didn't have my phone to take photos or video and can't be bothered to go back out there in the wind and cold.

Anyway... pretty odd scenario and its a mystery to me...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Buzzards are nasty, and I don't know what would eat a part of one.
What Eats...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Satanic ritual sacrifice gone awry.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

What Eats...

A bigger and nastier buzzard would eat buzzards.

I think OP came across evidence of super buzzards.

Should move this to cryptozoology.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Dang ole, dang ole Masons anyway!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

we both sort of said that... for a joke!

Dont think there's people in these parts that would take part in a satanic ritual sacrifice or some kind of black magic...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

What Eats...

Why you say that?

Buzzards are real nice birds of prey... I like watching them flying around seeking prey!
edit on 11-1-2021 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
we both sort of said that... for a joke!

Satanic ritual sacrifice is always funny...unless it's happening to you, then not so much.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe it was a vorpal bunny?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Read up on them.
Here are two of their defense mechanisms:
-Vomiting on an aggressor.
-Shaking bird lice on the aggressor.

They are very good defense mechanisms.
They are also very nasty ones.
Imagine something eating roadkill, and then projectile vomiting that onto you. The bird lice will not stay on you permanently, but it is very irritating until you shower them off.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Funny but nope!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Head ripped off you say?

It always amazes me how fast Falcons are...

*viewer discretion!!

Buzzard eating dead rabbit, falcon ripping off buzzard's head

Peace
edit on 11-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
ok... so taking Husky for a walk this morning I stumbled across a dead Buzzard and a dead Rabbit... spaced about 2 meters apart... Buzzard had its head missing... also had what looked like a blue type of string material on its neck which to me looked like the Buzzards head had been pulled off but this could of just been some random piece of string/plastic material which attached itself to the Buzzard caused by the wind blowing it onto the Buzzard... there were also small indents in the grass which looked like either another animal had come along during the early hours or the Rabbits footprints... now if this was a fox, surely it would have enjoyed the meal which had been left, especially the rabbit, so I'm thinking the small footprints were the rabbits as it was trying to escape the Buzzard but then if so, what took the Buzzards head off??

My GF thinks maybe the Rabbit and the Buzzard were fighting in the road or the Buzzard attacked the Rabbit from above and whilst doing so, a car hit both of them... the driver of said car, got out, cut the head off the Buzzard and then lay both the Rabbit and the Buzzard on the patch of grass... 2 meters apart. Sounds plausible but why rip or cut the head off the Buzzard? and why place them 2 meters apart?

Also... the small footprints... if they belonged to the rabbit, then this incident didn't take place in the road... i'll tell you why... because the footprints were coming from an area which has bushes, not from where the road is and if its a Foxes prints... why leave the Rabbit?

Didn't have my phone to take photos or video and can't be bothered to go back out there in the wind and cold.

Anyway... pretty odd scenario and its a mystery to me...

I think maybe buzzard was feeding on dead rabbit. Maybe car came along and killed buzzard while it was eating. The buzzard may have just been decapitated from impact of car or some other predator took head.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Not too sure a Buzzards head can come off like that... unless the head got stuck in the lower part of car or under the car and then wheel of car forced the head off... but how did the rabbit and Buzzard end up on the patch of grass 2 meters apart? The area I'm talking about... cars can only go around 10mph because approaching a corner to turn so have to stop or a car is turning into the lane and needs to slow to 10mph to get round. Dont think the impact of a 10mph hit can knock the rabbit and buzzard over to the patch of grass and rip head off buzzard! Also at that speed, the friver would have seen the Buzzard and Rabbit and stopped. well, I would of at 10mph.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

na... I dont think thats what happened

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That's cool....I just know that ripping a head off takes a lot of force. A peregrine falcon swooshing by at 200+ mph takes the head clean of off any small animal. Plus it a hunting technique they use...

Peace
edit on 11-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

join