It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Want Neither Peace Nor Unity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: loam

I honestly see the main issue directly with the MSM. The political assholes doing their thing has always been and will always be. But never before has public opinion been skewed by such a degree. Pure propaganda is poisoning the public. If we go to war, the enemy is easy to identify. And the war will be a quick one. The rest of the world needs to wake up to this and understand that being told what to think isn't a good direction. Being smart enough to accept facts and think for yourself is key.

And with the left fully lobotomized to believe that isn't happening surely doesn't help.

Posts like this frustrate the hell out of me.

The OP actually attempted to bridge the divide a bit by putting in all sorts of statements about personal responsibility that began with the word "We".

So reply by scapegoating right back to the media, pat yourself on the back for thinking for yourself (you're not), and then put the cherry on top with the obligatory dig at your political enemies - making yourself sound entirely brainwashed by that media you're apparently so woke from.

You want to just blame the media, then blame yourselves. The media is a business looking for an audience to make money on - they're not spoonfeeding you information they want you to hear. They're spoonfeeding you the information YOU want to hear, because that's what actually makes them money. Many of them also understand that anger is a pathological addiction, so that is often the straw that stirs the drink, but you're still the addict.

Meanwhile this isn't just an MSM problem - it's waaaay worse on social media, including places like ATS. You think it's safer here just because there's no authority telling you what to think? The only difference here is groupthink becomes that authority. And don't pretend it's not a problem. We have a thread right now with 75+ flags all people trying to convince themselves it was really Antifa that stormed the Capitol.

So it's all the same BS in the end - media or not - people who only want to surround themselves in confirmation bias, too afraid to accept any personal responsibility, and just want to blame everyone else for everything.

Blaming the media just adds a double layer of irony to the whole charade.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Progressivism is a tool of the globalists. I have from the very beginning believed that the events over the last four years have been driven by globalist interests.

I would counter it's been over the past 12 years, not just the last 4, but otherwise I completely agree.

Possibly even as long as over the past 20 years, or even longer, if you really want to get down to it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And the Emmy for best online dramatic performance goes to....

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

I can't honestly disagree with what you say. I tried to point out the role of the media in another thread today. The media (social or otherwise) is definitely a problem, but only because we collectively let it be.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

rudy giuliani... for telling those mobsters that "we are at war"...right before they stormed the capitol..we need to lock up this traitor

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

And the Bagdad Bob Award for best online denial goes to...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For three years I put on Dog and Pony shows for politicians in Europe. They would land in black Hawks and stumble out drunk with their girlfriends. They had no interest in the information, they wanted to know where the closes porcelain factories are at.

Often had to clear entire mess halls so the soldiers would not see the disgust as these senators staggered into the mess hall. I remember a few passing out, one puking in the mess hall. Well know politicians you have seen on TV back in 80's.

Had to sign NDA.....

a reply to: tamusan

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Armed service is one thing, but what makes a civil servant inherently better than anyone else sitting at a desk slinging papers?

A bureaucrat is a bureaucrat.

Once upon a time, they made less than most others but had job security, but now they make far more than their private sector counterparts and have higher job security *and* have sweeter job benefits because of it *AND* retire early to boot. On top of that, because they retire early with full benefits, they can go pick a second and sometimes even third job within the government bureaucracy and pile on even more benefits.

And if they're found to be cheating on the job?

They can't be fired.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's a very complicated chicken or the egg problem, especially today - when we have so many alternative outlets that could liberate us, but instead make the whole thing that much messier.

I just think places like ATS need some serious self-reflection on that if they ever want to truly get back to denying ignorance, instead of congratulating themselves for it while falling even further down the spiral.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

This was one of my posts about the media earlier today in my other thread...

Here

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Progressivism is a tool of the globalists. I have from the very beginning believed that the events over the last four years have been driven by globalist interests.

I would counter it's been over the past 12 years, not just the last 4, but otherwise I completely agree.

Possibly even as long as over the past 20 years, or even longer, if you really want to get down to it.

Progressives were running for office in America in the late 1800's.

Then they found out that they could be Progressive but simply call themselves a Democrat and they got a lot more votes.

So they took over the Democrat party.

Woodrow Wilson was our first Progressive President.

It has been going on awhile...

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I was only mostly looking at the finances. Mostly tasks like making a warranty claim, approving major work on a pig, or doing paperwork for any aircraft modification. Boring stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

And the progressives also discovered the power of using morality coupled with politics when they passed Prohibition. Back then, they used Christians, but over the years, they've kept the idea of moral high ground while shedding the religiosity.

Now every progressive cause is also a good v. evil moral crusade.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

To those who have NOT served in the US armed forces or US civil service and want to criticize the opinions of veterans who have killed for US, watched their buddies get blown up, innocent children murdered; dead lying in the streets....who have seen war while you sit on your fat ass watching TV and bitching about your lifestyle, I say GO TO HELL:

I usually agree with you. In this case, I think citizens are free to engage in any lawful conduct, to include criticizing my opinions.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i love our country.

comparatively speaking we have it great here!

the op's hyperbole is something else, lol. would you prefer Russia, they can't carry guns, but they have great vodka and women, right?

ats trump supporters are dramatic for sure.. not sure how that helps.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Are you having a long day
Everyone you meet rubs you the wrong way
Dirty city streets smell like an ashtray
Morning bells are ringing in your ear

Is your brother on a church kick?
Seems like just a different kind of dope sick
Better off to teach a dog a card trick
Than try to have a point and make it clear

You should know compared
To people on a global scale
Our kind has had it relatively easy

And here with you there's always
Something to look forward to
My angry heart beats relatively easy

I lost a good friend
Christmas time when folks go off the deep end
His woman took the kids and he took Klonopin
Enough to kill a man of twice his size

Not for me to understand
Remember him when he was still a proud man?
A vandal's smile, a baseball in his right hand
Nothing but the blue sky in his eye

Still, compared to those
A stone's throw away from you
Our lives have both been relatively easy

Take a year and make a break
There ain't that much at stake
The answers could be relatively easy

Watch that lucky man walk to work again
He may not have a friend left in the world
See him walking home again to sleep alone
Or step into a shop to buy a postcard for a girl

I broke the law, boys
Shooting out the windows of my loft, boys
When they picked me up I made a big noise
Everything to blame except my mind

I should say I keep your picture with me everyday
The evenings, now, are relatively easy
Here with you there's always
Something to look forward to

My lonely heart beats relatively easy
My lonely heart beats relatively easy

Jason Isbell
edit on 9-1-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Hi

I know it is hard but true. Instead of dumbest I will change to dumb. Better?

The sins of the father (and mother) are paid with punishment to their children for four generations.

It's payday and time for USA sins to be paid.

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Dumbest is a pretty harsh term for children who have been taught a staple of lies and twisted history.

What seems really odd to me by reading your posts, you seem completely blind to the fact this is happening to the world not the USA.
You want to run home to a country that is breaking peoples doors down if they have to many for company. Drag people away in handcuffs for speaking on YouTube

How do police enforce Covid rules?
Since March, police chiefs have followed a system called "The Four Es". Before fines are issued to rule-breakers, police will first:

Engage with people, to ask why they appear to be breaking the rules

Explain the law, stressing the risks to public health and to the NHS

Encourage them to change their behaviour

The fourth "E" is "Enforce" by issuing penalty notices, as a last resort. And it's looking like there will be more of these fines in this critical New Year lockdown if people do not comply with the measures to contain the virus.

www.bbc.com...

Take a look at the corruption

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
once someone decided that the great melting pot was racist the end result was always going to be strife.

when I was a kid being american in the area I grew up in was enough to bring people to common ground.

now we have zero common ground, and we have schools signing off on things like the 1619 project that paint the US as a racist nation in its entirety so anyone that disagrees with that is automatically a racist.

strife is going to be the end result, and I expect the democrats to ratchet up the rhetoric even with trump gone to new heights.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
If you don't like it, leave. You are the minority go live elsewhere if this country is so screwed. We don't need you.

And you are the product they desire. So sad. This will only go one way, and that too is what they want.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

you guys claim everyone thinks you're racist - big difference.

you all thrive in victimhood.

edit on 9-1-2021 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join