It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenosha Preparing for Unrest - again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

The city of Kenosha, Wisconsin, is making preparations for demonstrations when a charging decision comes over the police shooting of Jacob Blake, authorities said on Sunday.
The decision is likely to come within the first two weeks of January, Mayor John Antaramian and Police Chief Daniel Miskinis said in a statement.

Will there be protests, probably. It appears they are anticipating something the public won't like.
This time it appears they (the police & government) will do more to stop it from becoming a Kyle Rittenhouse moment.

From other articles I read Law enforcement will not allow destruction. It's also freezing here, not sure if that makes a difference.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Part 2
abcnews.go.com...

Negligence claims filed in shootings amid Wisconsin protest
Gaige Grosskreutz, who was seriously wounded, and the parents of Anthony Huber, who was killed, have each filed $10 million claim notices with both the city and county. The notices usually are precursors to lawsuits filed against local governments.

Grosskreutz’s attorney, Kimberly Motley, says the actions, or inactions, by police and sheriff's deputies are tied to the shootings.

A 20 million dollar lawsuit against the city/county.. Looks like they don't want that again.

edit on 4-1-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Nah, riots aren’t useful anymore. The election is over. Didn’t you see Wheeler in Portland backtracking? All the sudden — ANTIFA bad.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Nah, riots aren’t useful anymore. The election is over. Didn’t you see Wheeler in Portland backtracking? All the sudden — ANTIFA bad.

I sure hope so, but unfortunately I think there will still be riots

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Nobody cares about this one.
Just wait till the cop in Minnesota gets off with no jail time...
That will be a riot.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That will be a riot.

Maybe this is a precursor to that one?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That will be a riot.

Maybe this is a precursor to that one?

I doubt it.
Too many white people shot.
Don't fit the narrative.

But this story is interesting.

www.forbes.com...

The families are during the police for lack of action.
The irony is strong with this one.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes I posted that after my main OP.

This will be VERY interesting to watch.
That whole part of breaking curfew first...hmmm

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

edit on 412021 by Snarl because: What do her nieces and nephews call her?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Is that cultural appropriation?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Not really, Jemima(h) is a Hebrew name from the Old Testament.

edit on 4-1-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If someone is resisting arrest and has a weapon in their hand, that person should immediately drop the weapon or risk getting shot. There have been actual real incidents of people shot while doing nothing wrong, they should focus protests on incidents like those, not people doing criminal activity who got killed.

If you come at a cop with a weapon, they have a right to defend themselves. If you get all the cops pissed at the public for protecting themselves, they will strike and criminals will run the cities and towns, everyone better have a gun in their house to protect themselves if that occurs.

Firing up the people to fight the police is stupid, be calm and be compliant, don't attack the cops. Like I said, some black people who were doing nothing wrong have been killed, just like some white people. Getting the cops mad at colored people is not good, and no matter what color you are, if you commit a crime you are a criminal.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I didn't say what culture....😜

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not really, Jemima(h) is a Hebrew name from the Old Testament.

I thought it was a type of ant.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It appears they are anticipating something the public won't like. This time it appears they (the police & government) will do more to stop it from becoming a Kyle Rittenhouse moment.

Poor kid ...

Kyle Rittenhouse Released On $2 Million Bail, Awaiting Trial In Kenosha, Wis.
Out on bail. Might be waiting for more than just being put on trial. He might be waiting for the next magic moment ...

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

The city of Kenosha, Wisconsin, is making preparations for demonstrations when a charging decision comes over the police shooting of Jacob Blake, authorities said on Sunday.
The decision is likely to come within the first two weeks of January, Mayor John Antaramian and Police Chief Daniel Miskinis said in a statement.

Will there be protests, probably. It appears they are anticipating something the public won't like.
This time it appears they (the police & government) will do more to stop it from becoming a Kyle Rittenhouse moment.

From other articles I read Law enforcement will not allow destruction. It's also freezing here, not sure if that makes a difference.

There are a lot of factors involved here, how fast can they get organized? how much of it will be financed? Will bricks be supplied or is it bring your own? what's on the menu from the food trucks? Guess it all depends on who is funding it.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Will they be closing hotels and stores in anticipation?

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

www.forbes.com...
The families are during the police for lack of action.

True irony would be meted out by police taking Grosskreutz into custody the next time they lay their eyes on him. WTF was a convicted felon doing at a riot armed with a handgun.

Grosskreutz’ notice claims that he has suffered “significant permanent physical damage,” pain and suffering, as well as a loss of income and future earnings due to the negligence of law enforcement, while the notice filed by the Estate of Huber claims that the negligence resulted in Huber’s death.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What do you think he was doing?
Looking for something to steal would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What do you think he was doing?

Criminals gonna crim I guess.

Grosskreutz is lucky. The analysis on the wound to the arm was that Rittenhouse's attention was on the imminent threat of the gun being pointed at him. He fired instinctively at that threat and vaporized the Felon's bicep. That he didn't continue to fire on Grosskreutz until he was dead ... hard to say ... maybe that he wasn't wearing ear-pro.

edit on 412021 by Snarl because:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join