It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Good News (for once)!

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Got the last wild ass steer loaded up today and shipped off to his new home. Yay! He was a crazy one, that one! Almost couldn't get him through the chute he was so wide, and we've got an XL chute too! Thought we were going to have a major issue there for a few minutes, but we got him in the stock trailer! Whew! Nothing a few 4x4's, three people and a cattle dog couldn't fix though. Well, two and a half people considering me (and the shoulder). Last animal except for a small hiefer and a bull calf going out of here for the next 6 months. Yay, yay...YAY!! See ya', #121!

Then, later, some even better news...Doc says I can shoot my rifles again in 4-5 months! I was worried he was going to say never, but nope. We'll be all good in just a few months. I'll just use a lead-sled until then (you ain't gettin' away, prairie dogs!!)

All in all a good day! (for once).

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sounds fun! I'm getting bored lately, I think I'm gonna start a handyman service and see how I like it.

Not moving back to Florida that's for sure! Not until I'm old and I buy a winter house there anyway hahaha if I live that long.

Have a good New Year!

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Nice to hear!

Regarding my comments in your other thread, You need permanent help on that ranch, FCD.

A nice little cottage and only 200k a year will get me there.

Sorry, I can’t take a pay cut. We are in the middle of a plandemic.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You're kidding right? You think cowboys make $200k per year???? WITH room and board???? Good luck?

Can you ride a horse? Got a horse? Is your horse a "cutting horse", or a "roping horse"? You get $50 dollars per day, maybe more for a good cutting horse and a rider who knows what to do with him. You'll get dinner ("lunch" by most), and maybe even supper which you'll need a cook for, cuz it will be beans and some meat and spices.

You'll sleep in the barn, in the hay (I have, many times, even a stock trailer), and you will have hot black coffee brought to you in the morning. You'll get a few eggs, some bacon and biscuits. Then you WILL go ride fence, tend to cows, calves and critters.

$200k per year???? LOL, yeah, right!

ETA - This is a mean business, my friend! You either love it, or you hate it. There is no in-between.

edit on 12/30/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yes dude, it was obviously a joke. Love your passion though brother.

If the sh!t really hits the fan, I just might be your bitch for free 🤪

top topics

join