It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia big oil and gas discovery in the arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Full title: Russia’s massive offshore Arctic oil & gas discovery could dwarf Gulf of Mexico & Middle East’s energy reserves

Some of us have read about the asset movements into the arctic to include new ice breakers being built and military assets being deployed..I would assume Russia is very pleased with this huge discovery .. All I can say is I am glad I will not be working on a rig somewhere in the arctic !

Russian energy giant Rosneft has announced the discovery of a “unique” gas deposit in the Kara Sea containing an estimated 514 billion cubic meters of natural gas.

The company says the discovery could establish a new cluster for oil and gas production in the area.

The field, which has been named after Soviet Marshal Konstantin Rokossovsky, is Rosneft’s third discovery in the Arctic. It is part of the company’s drilling campaign to develop the region’s oil and gas potential.

The project was started by President Vladimir Putin in 2014. It has resulted in the discovery of one of the world’s largest oil and gas fields, the Pobeda field. Its total recoverable reserves stand at some 130 million tons of oil and 422 billion cubic meters of gas.

www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Didn’t China just try with rhetoric to flex on Russia in Voldyansk or something like that?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Don't you mean Vladivostok?

It used to belong to the Chinese, then it didn't. I imagine the CCP want it back regardless of the two signed treaties.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: slatesteam

Don't you mean Vladivostok?

It used to belong to the Chinese, then it didn't. I imagine the CCP want it back regardless of the two signed treaties.
Yes

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well its all wind farms and solar now. Oil is worthless. Thanks Biden.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

That is what the NWO agenda 21/30 folks want everyone to believe.. I do not buy it

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Excellent. let's fight for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I am glad that our crazy governor didn’t waste billions of dollars on a gas pipeline in Alaska.

Actually, Russia has reserves that are untapped. One is the same size as AK’s gas field. And they have several. Now this? They would have sank our economy!

I think that even renewables are in danger without energy storage. Actually any energy source needs that... even my favorite green energy source, nuclear fusion.

That will be the game changer (some say Lockheed already has one).

I wonder if this find will ever be developed!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I am glad that our crazy governor didn’t waste billions of dollars on a gas pipeline in Alaska.

Actually, Russia has reserves that are untapped. One is the same size as AK’s gas field. And they have several. Now this? They would have sank our economy!

I think that even renewables are in danger without energy storage. Actually any energy source needs that... even my favorite green energy source, nuclear fusion.

That will be the game changer (some say Lockheed already has one).

I wonder if this find will ever be developed!

The Skunk Works announced that they were 6 months away on small scale fusion, and that was over 2 years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Meanwhile, China has NO OIL reserves.

They'll have to play nice with the gas taps.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As for Russia, good for them.

They poured money into that sector and they got returns.

We also have massive untapped reserves.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ah yes, leading way to the further destruction and exploitation of planet earth. Whens the first half billion dollar drill bits gonna go slamming into the ocean floor? Which company should I invest in?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I thought the World was going Green?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Meanwhile, China has NO OIL reserves.

They'll have to play nice with the gas taps.

IIRC they are trying to establish an Arctic presence
and yes they need fossil fuels hugely.

USA and Russia; lots of food and fuel. that's how they became superpowers.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

It was 2014, I read the thread (lurker mode). That post sent me into an “manic up cycle” and I thought things through to the logical conclusion: star travel. We can go to the stars. A little leeway and Rich’s statements (some will claim, attributed) about traveling to the stars from way back is a legitimate statement of real development (honestly, their design is “get it done” not “be elegant and do thorough research”).

What I saw, after talking all evening to a “plane pilot” (uh, you don’t drink two shots of Knob Creek and tell your babbling bar stool buddy that you have to go to work. Me, the barstool buddy saw his triangle craft that evening! Yeah, I am saying Lockheed has a functional CFR and we have tech that blows burning petroleum out of water! Fusion releases 10x more power than oxidation of fuels. That is what I am interested in; just how far have we gone?)

Announcements are good (we won’t run out) but fossil fuels are being replaced.

top topics

join