It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping Your Immune System Fit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So you eat right, take vitamins and minerals....and not talking just One A Day tablets. Maybe some probiotics.
Get fresh air, some exercise.

But in lockdowns, you're not around many peiple.
And while you're not getting exposed to covid, you're not getting exposed to much of anything.

Doesn't your immune system need to flex its muscles, so to speak, to be able to be efficient???
Like if you don't use it you lose it kind of thing??

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Took my kid to the Dr a few back. The nurse asked me "do you want your child to have the flu shot". No.a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
We got cats. I am a little allergic to cats, I don't have to worry about exercising my immune system.

Getting your immune system overstrong is a problem if you have autoimmune issues too, I have more problem with that than anything. Not all people should be arming their immune system with nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Doesn't your immune system need to flex its muscles

Yes,I trim my fingernails and keep the dirt out of them but am not picky....as long as you are somewhat clean....its fine and you will be fine.
In this covid thing right now....I won't freak out and start losing my stuff and washing my hands every 30 seconds, thats what weirdos do.

The harder you go, the stronger the system gets.

edit on 7-12-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Turmeric is king.
(Despite doctors downplaying it as overated, or 'just a spice'.)

The older you get, the more you need it.

More

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Don't they tell new parents not to sanitize everything for the bebe? Let them put things in their mouth and build an immune system?

Probably only works for bebes, I dunno.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I just pick my nose and eat it.
jk

I swear cold season is lack of sun season.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Getting your immune system overstrong is a problem if you have autoimmune issues

I've tried all that uber health and green raw diet stuff.

Now I live like a slob and never felt better! I haven't had an auto-immune flare up in years.

I trust my own body and cravings these days. The path of moderation seems to do the trick for me

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I eat from dumpsters and swim in Barton Creek.
I very rarely get ill. All manner of cooties run to the hills when I come around.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
So you eat right, take vitamins and minerals....and not talking just One A Day tablets. Maybe some probiotics.
Get fresh air, some exercise.

But in lockdowns, you're not around many peiple.
And while you're not getting exposed to covid, you're not getting exposed to much of anything.

Doesn't your immune system need to flex its muscles, so to speak, to be able to be efficient???
Like if you don't use it you lose it kind of thing??

Research Lacto-bacteria...and cutting edge video research....our Immune System uses"good bacteria" without it we are in trouble.....we need stuff like Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother in it and other fermented foods to help provide good bacteria for our bodies to use.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Turmeric is king.

More

Turmeric in SMALL DOSES combined with Black Pepper is a wonderful anti-parasitic....thats all it is.....no magic to be found.
edit on 8-12-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

A positive attitude and eliminating stress go a long way as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

With the Covid? I've taken a multiple vitamin, BComplex, E, C+D..no matter what I eat

*Responders eat...but haphazardly, and incompletely
edit on 8-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ewww. Rotfl! Thanks. I needed that. It just struck me very funny!

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I just pick my nose and eat it.
jk

I swear cold season is lack of sun season.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I TOTALLY agree!!!!!

That must be why Fearmongering seems to be #1 priority of some LOLOL

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I TOTALLY agree!!!!!

That must be why Fearmongering seems to be #1 priority of some LOLOL

Could be, people need to try to eliminate stress and focus on trying to stay positive, it makes a huge difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
I eat from dumpsters and swim in Barton Creek.
I very rarely get ill. All manner of cooties run to the hills when I come around.

I was wondering why my monitor had such a foul smell to it just now when I was scrolling through the posts. I can smell you over the internet.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Turmeric is king.

More

Turmeric in SMALL DOSES combined with Black Pepper is a wonderful anti-parasitic....thats all it is.....no magic to be found.

Just an anti-parasitic? You may want to look further.

Articles from PubMed:

Here
At the molecular level, this spice has been shown to modulate numerous cell-signaling pathways. In clinical trials, turmeric has shown efficacy against numerous human ailments including lupus nephritis, cancer, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, acne, and fibrosis. Thus, a spice originally common in the kitchen is now exhibiting activities in the clinic.

Recent findings: In-vitro and in-vivo research has shown various activities, such as anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal, cytokines release, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, enhancing of the apoptotic process, and antiangiogenic properties. Curcumin also have been shown to be a mediator of chemo-resistance and radio-resistance.
edit on 8-12-2020 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As mentioned, its all about giving our immune system the ability to moderate itself. It does this in many ways, including something of a "memory" when it comes to specific situations.

Also as mentioned, mindset and attitude make an immense difference. Frequently discarded by people, maybe because it seems "hippie-ish" (lol). Id also add that I believe that training our own minds with regards to when to act, how much "force" to apply, and when to remain patient/inactive.. somewhat transfers down to the subconscious & unconscious levels. Martial arts is fantastic for this. Meditation is helpful too, but for most, isnt practiced in a way that lets us hold that mindset "in action."

I believe public health should be focused on bringing this baseline up throughout the population. Most of these basics (vitamins/minerals, diet, exercise, attitude, sunlight, etc) are benign enough that we can just do them without too much worry.. But it would be much more effective if we understood them more as critical factors and treatments on an individual level, rather than "archaic" & one-size-fits-all.

Id love to see a test created that easily covers the spectrum of vitamin & mineral levels. From Vit D to Selenium. Then, approach any abnormalities through diet, saving direct supplements only when needed. Where "when needed" would be determined individually, with special treatment rounds for right when we start to get sick.

Some things standing in our way:

General lack of quality in food supply (from preservatives & HFCS to soil depletion)
Complete dismissal of some of the most important building blocks of our immune system, in favor of corporate products & living
Less control & profit for bureaucracies, medical systems, and corporations
Massive amounts of constant EM radiation for most of the population

A lot of the building blocks are either considered obsolete or dismissed out of hand as nonsense. But, there is an enormous amount of legitimate research out there on a lot of it. Id argue the biggest hurdle, outside of corporate-political marketing, is designing & adopting a system that treats the individual. Notably, a concept (individualism) that is being demonized heavily across the board.

Something like 5G (cell networks) are a great example. On one hand, we have many who just dismiss the possibility it might be "bad" completely, and on the other, we have those that believe its completely bad.

The reality is that it covers a relatively large spectrum. Segments may be extraordinarily detrimental while others are actually beneficial. But the actual standard covers so much ground that it becomes difficult to discern.

I believe that is the result of intentional narrative control to protect industries, ensure profit, and remove/reduce oversight and liability. The same process is used everywhere from politics to technology to culture.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The Fear is real, the immune system is like any other system in the body, "use it or loose it" Since the lockdowns began the normal flood of germs our bodies would normally fight off, we are no longer being exposed to. This is just like the correlation between the rise in use of antibacterials everywhere and auto immune disorders were the body starts attacking itself because it has nothing better to do.
Dig is the soil, eat items on the edge, expose yourself to bacteria and yeast from fresh bread, beer, yogurt, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join