It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Psyche Reaches New Low

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If you'd ask me a year ago If I thought the country would be in the state it is now, I'd say you were crazy.
We are by no means wealthy, but life was good. We smiled a lot and enjoyed life. We don't do a lot of partying, we are not huge social animals with a full social calendar and a ton of friends and family. We're healthy, well-adjusted members of society.

Life was pretty good.
Today life isn't nearly as good. We're in okay shape, especially in light of the people forced out of work, those who are sick with whatever illnesses, those who cannot get treatment because of covid restrictions, those languishing in adult care homes, those who are suffering financially due to the covid lockdowns.

American mental health ratings reached their lowest point in two decades this year. Only 34 percent of U.S. adults assess their emotional well-being as “excellent” compared to 43 percent who reported the same in 2019.

Practicing your faith, when it is allowed, seems to help with mental well-being.

Those with the greatest ratings of mental well-being were attendants of weekly religious services, who were the only sub-group to report a rise in their mental health from 42 percent to 46 percent reporting their psyche of being in excellent shape.

Columbia University psychologist Lisa Miller found in 2014 that spirituality and religion can act as a psychic armor to protect individuals from depression by thickening the brain cortex. Three years prior, Miller found that among adults who reported a high importance on religion or spirituality, 76 percent were less likely to suffer from a major depressive episode, even when their parents had depression therefore raising their risk.

Too many people are isolated due to the covid. Some are locked in homes, some have been robbed of social outlets due to covid. Some are stuck at home instead of school. Some are working from home. Not all of us thrive away from social settings. And it's getting colder and darker....so SADD is becoming an issue.

According to health experts, not only are some Americans dealing with depression due to isolation because of Covid-19, they now might also be battling seasonal depression.

Then there is burnout among healthcare workers.

Research has demonstrated the emotional highs and lows of dealing with disasters are significant and long-lasting. Each wave brings about new record highs and uncertainty as to when these spikes will peak. These waves can act as triggers for stress, anxiety, and depression for the workforce and building upon mental health strain. These strains impact the individuals and the care they provide.

SOURCES:
thefederalist.com...
www.wbko.com...
www.inquirer.com...
www.cnsnews.com...
edit on Mon Dec 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: tag

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Humans are social animals and this whole COVID shutdown is a big experiment on the human psyche imo.

-MM

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
SO what do they do?

They attack our means of physical exercise, socializing, and spiritual expression as "non-essential".

It's almost like they WANT to break us.
edit on 7-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Lots of death in the next couple of weeks and not from Covid.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Too many people are isolated due to the covid.

I say too many people are isolated because of social media. It's an oxymoron don't you know.

I will guarantee you if you could get people unplugged and actually communicating with each other, things would change. But that's not going to happen........

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If I could put it simply...

Americans are how numb to most things except contempt.

Life for most has become cloudy at best. Many have repressed rage, or some just being openly pissed.

Sucks to see.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Lots of death in the next couple of weeks and not from Covid.

Yeah, it is going to be a really dark winter for a lot of people who have a difficult time with Holidays and lack of daylight as it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Humans are social animals and this whole COVID shutdown is a big experiment on the human psyche imo.

-MM
This. And something about a prophecy somewhere about the world having to endure what a certain people did in the last century.

For our spiritual and evolutionary growth of course...

Edit: Also Pikes letter on WW3 comes to mind, as well as the recently (thank you!) reposted hardline CCP general’s speech about the “American problem” and how to go about it.

Hint: it wasn’t direct conflict immediately

Edit: I hate so many things about what is all happening. It’s a bit much. Didn’t help I lost my best friend earlier this year. He would’ve had a few dark things to observe and say about “all this” conflict
edit on 7-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I was going to agree with you, but respectfully, I'd like not to.

Americans could laugh at anything. Plaugues, wars, even chuckle in the face of certain death.

So I say to Biden, to leftists, to Covid. . . . . "Kiss my fat hairy ass, bitches!"

I'm going to live, laugh, love. . . no matter what crap you fling at me because I am a GOD-DAMNED survivor!

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
You should try and practice this just because it’s important

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
All we have to do is just stop doing what we are told to do. Nature always wins, I wouldn't suggest importing bat meat from China either. The take away here is that Nature always wins and the dick heads in charge (and the soppy #ing #unts) never have or never will relate to you on a person to person basis much less understand the world around them when even they are told what the BS is from people we don't even know who or for how long have been in the shadows whispering into the ear of whomever sits on that throne. Seek happiness, and revenge.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Being purely honest here, part of the problem is that we permitted an unnecessary and very heavy handed shutdown in the Spring/summer under the premise that it would effectively speed us towards resolution. It didn't and, in hindsight, the lockdowns of today would be received much better if it wasn't an example of trying to do again what did nothing the first go around.

At the end of the day we should be allowing individuals to live their lives and conduct their businesses as they see fit, including taking the personal risks for their own health.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am a survivor too.
But, DAMN, this year sucks compared to last year.

I have survived worse than 2020.
Far worse.
Me and mine will survive this.

The economy, and the lives of others, the lies we hear.......

That is what has saddened me.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think about how many high-risk old people in the last year or so of their lives are not being allowed to see family members and are simply dying alone and afraid in nursing homes.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

LMAO

"THEY" thought their lockdowns were the main reason positive tests and deaths went down.
It was summer, sun, Vitamin D on our skins, being in the fresh air.
As in, not too many flu epidemics in the summer

Silly politicians.

And society pays the price.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

LMAO

"THEY" thought their lockdowns were the main reason positive tests and deaths went down.

Silly politicians.

We eradicated the flu with covid 19 there is no flu IDK what you are saying here gawsh!

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
And it’s all under Trump’s watch.

He could have stood up and controlled this, just like Germany has. But, very much like my country, he chose to ignore all the warnings, chose to decide that the only way was to continue as before.

I am sure, the Governments of the world have decided to make the most of a crisis and test our resolve by seeing how far they can go with their control, but deny ignorance and either have a total lockdown, or let us go on as we always have.
edit on 7/12/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It will get even worse if these mask mandates and shutdowns continue.

All By Design.

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

LMAO

Silly politicians.

What's really hilarious is the fact that the same *ahem* "experts" who are saying "Incidences of influenza are at record lows because everyone is masking and social distancing this year!" are saying that COVID is spreading because "not enough people are masking and social distancing!"

posted on Dec, 7 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
All we have to do is just stop doing what we are told to do. Nature always wins, I wouldn't suggest importing bat meat from China either. The take away here is that Nature always wins and the dick heads in charge (and the soppy #ing #unts) never have or never will relate to you on a person to person basis much less understand the world around them when even they are told what the BS is from people we don't even know who or for how long have been in the shadows whispering into the ear of whomever sits on that throne. Seek happiness, and revenge.
Today in Cali as I sat down to eat lunch with a friend and gab, mask-free and enjoy being out I realized it wasn’t just LA county when our server gave us the low-down and sure enough our “to go meal” was a in plastic boxes. In shock I thought

A. Wow this blows goats.

B. This is happening all over the state.

C. So much for plastic straw bans. *All The Trash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join