It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History keeps getting Colder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

We have a carbon tax here, and for the everyday person like me, we get money back from it. I got about 200 dollars last year.

The initial idea is good, but the mechanisms of implementation are vulnerable to corruption, and / or have already been corrupted.

As are anything involving humans, I guess we just need to trust it's going to 'work'. Remember tho, right from the get go, when we discovered that climate change was a thing, and started to understand how it worked, it's been fought against. Like Tobacco company's going to court with experts, and saying nicotine isn't addictive. Who are you going to believe? The corporations, or the people who call out the corporations for what they really are?

I will check out the book tho, thanks for the suggestion! I only knew of Jared Diamond for his Guns, Germs and steel.

posted on Dec, 5 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

We have a carbon tax here, and for the everyday person like me, we get money back from it. I got about 200 dollars last year.
So, that tax the producers and pay the consumers thing. Huh. Imagine that.

edit on 12/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We've had 5 Ice Ages in the last 400,000 years.

Do you know what happens between each Ice Age?

A Warm Age.

Except nobody wants to call it that. Even though that's what it is.

We didn't cause this. We are aggravating it, tho.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

We are in an ice age. Have been for some millions of years. Do you mean glacial periods?

We didn't cause this. We are aggravating it, tho.
If, as is thought, the primary cause of glaciation has to do with orbital and axial cycles, things should be cooling down (the last glacial period ended some time ago). Without our "help."

edit on 12/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Lets assume the earth is 3 billion years old to be 95 percent confident with a 2 percent margin of error you need 2401 years of information,the only place you'd find that is in very old trees not meteorlogical records,and local climates can vary.

Its bs science

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

95 percent confident

Confident of what?

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Mathematics-multiple regression- establishing sample sizes that are correct to the percentage of confidence desired.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Confidence in what?

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Confidence that your sample size is sufficient to come to a particular conclusion with a given percentage of confidence,if you cant follow that Ive run out of English to explain it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join