It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Observation from an Independent: The Return of the Liberals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
(Sorry, it posted before I could actually type my content.)

First off, credit to the very few liberals on ATS who have stood their ground over the past four years. This place has been tough for non-conservatives to exist in.

With that said, there have been a. Awful lot of liberals returning to the boards who have seemingly disappeared over the past 3-4 years. I guess you just couldn’t stand your ground during the Trump administration? Now that you’re team May have won you can crawl out from the shadows and get back to it. Why is that?

Why couldn’t you stick around and maintain your ideological beliefs? Why couldn’t you fight for what is right to you? Honestly, the far right annoys the crap out of me just as much as the far left does, but at least they fight for what they believe in, even when the cards were stacked against them.

edit on 24-11-2020 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Seems very unbiased.

ETA: joke's over, edited.
edit on 11/24/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

As someone who never left, I don’t think I would enjoy talking to people who agree with me. That seems to mostly be a right wing thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

As someone who never left, I don’t think I would enjoy talking to people who agree with me. That seems to mostly be a right wing thing.

Not even sure how one could debate with only 'yes men' and toadies.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Exactly! Make a post — get beat up. There’s no debating.

But, check the stars on those few Liberal/Left posts.

They’re still here. But know how futile it is.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think that's because right wing people only get screeched, screamed at and called names in most instances trying to interact with "progressives" in my observations.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It would not be so Futile if there was more of a Righty / Lefty Balance here.

But the OP is right now that Biden is the tentative winner , Here come the Lefties from the Shadows .

Where have they been ? A mystery indeed .

It's my theory on Lefties proved correct if you check my post , I said Lefties only stand upon there ideals when they have the Majority and crowd screaming behind them, Put them in a room alone and Oh my do they get quiet.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Annee

It would not be so Futile if there was more of a Righty / Lefty Balance here.

But the OP is right now that Biden is the tentative winner , Here come the Lefties from the Shadows .

Where have they been ? A mystery indeed .

It's my theory on Lefties proved correct if you check my post , I said Lefties only stand upon there ideals when they have the Majority and crowd screaming behind them, Put them in a room alone and Oh my do they get quiet.

I don’t agree.

There comes a point when there is no point. When the effort is like slamming into a brick wall.

But, as I said — the stars on Liberal/Left posts shows they’re still here. Still reading. Still reading and will post when it’s worth the effort.

And I’m currently on break for the same reason. Just logged in only for this thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

There comes a point when there is no point. When the effort is like slamming into a brick wall.
a reply to: Annee

That is the Point where one Person is proven Right and the other Wrong .

But the other simply will not admit it.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I consider myself a centrist; and I really don't see ATS being dominated by either side of the political spectrum. All I really see is people complaining about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
(Sorry, it posted before I could actually type my content.)

First off, credit to the very few liberals on ATS who have stood their ground over the past four years. This place has been tough for non-conservatives to exist in.

With that said, there have been a. Awful lot of liberals returning to the boards who have seemingly disappeared over the past 3-4 years. I guess you just couldn’t stand your ground during the Trump administration? Now that you’re team May have won you can crawl out from the shadows and get back to it. Why is that?

Why couldn’t you stick around and maintain your ideological beliefs? Why couldn’t you fight for what is right to you? Honestly, the far right annoys the crap out of me just as much as the far left does, but at least they fight for what they believe in, even when the cards were stacked against them.

Rioting, looting and burning is not easy, they don't have time for other things like civil discourses.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

pfft

I'm an independent, criticized Trump and I loathe the leftists who want to subvert the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You have been rather intelligent and rational with your posts...I can't say the same for some liberals here who have been on the crazy train for 4 years.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm an independent, criticized Trump and I loathe the leftists who want to subvert the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I love who Biden has picked so far...all hanger-ons from the Obama era who pretty much all have failing records of what they did.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Actual Liberals (called classic now) are OK in my book. Sometimes a difference of opinion but they do not like totalitarianism and forced compliance unlike the Progressive wing which believes you will say, act, and think like them or else.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I give everyone stars!

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Pfffft. As a liberal in Cali that would love to see equality for all truly, the Left has pushed some of us outta the bed with their ever-shifting goal-posts.

Don’t like Trump, never have. Voted for Obama twice, but I responded for the sheer irony and hypocritical view here

Edit: at least the Right will talk to you even when they wrong. The Left would’ve burned this down had Trump won.
To save the country and all. And yes Classical Liberal is what I am. The true definition.Also....

Just because you are Right, Left, Dem, Republican, Proud Boy Antifa/BLM - doesn’t mean you have to love the leader of the Free World. Just ask Rose City Antifa what they think of their supreme leader now....
edit on 24-11-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The left seem to congregate at places like twitter. Where it's not even possible to have a proper debate due to their low character count, and due to their low character majority membership, winning a debate means calling people facsist racist hitlers. Also where they got bots to paint all the sources they don't agree with as false.

Namecalling here is frowned upon, not a way to win an argument, at least for most of us. Sources leaning a certain way are not censored, and people are not banned for simply posting opinions not progressive, or following accounts deemed unworthy.
edit on Tue, 24 Nov 2020 21:51:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
The Left would’ve burned this down had Trump won.

They will try, when he does in a few weeks (give or take).

But this time he will shut it down really quickly using RICO/sedition cases against the ones footing the bills.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join