It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump May Lose ... And That's Good for Trumpism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

When I see any party turn to actual American Conservatism i.e. Constitutionally-limited government, fiscal responsibility, support for American businesses, etc., as well as our Constitutionally-guaranteed civil rights, I'll be a member of that party.

Those days, however, seem to be long gone.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: WildBillX

Just out of curiosity, how do you personally define "Trumpism"?

Leave the man out of it. What do you mean when you use the term?

Above, Okrian came up with an interesting definition.

Yes we are well aware that a bunch of would-be conspiracy theorists jumped in bed with the elite under the guise of 'rebellion'.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Coagula
a reply to: opethPA

No, he hasn't lost. Give it a few days from now and the democrats will be foaming at the mouth with anger and rage as their ship starts to rapidly sink.

Yah, meanwhile in the real world you are wrong but it's okay because being a MAGA is a scary thing right now.

So, you think there has been no voter fraud and, therefore, there is nothing to be exposed? If so, then you're in for a shock...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Did they ever really exist?

The powerful are corruptible, always have been, always will be. Lobbyists are the downfall of any democracy, as they pay for their time and cause, over and above the people’s interests.

A Government of the people, for the people never existed here in the U.K, and it died at the turn of the last century in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It seems that there is no room for rational thought, like your OP.

I am shocked this thread has no flags and you got no star. Sober optimism is frowned upon here lately.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

When I see any party turn to actual American Conservatism i.e. Constitutionally-limited government, fiscal responsibility, support for American businesses, etc., as well as our Constitutionally-guaranteed civil rights, I'll be a member of that party.

Days long gone. For me at least that is the centerpiece of our current reality. Advancing tech, robotic manufacturing, disruptions to long established weather patterns etc, the list can go on and on. A new generation of children raised with Occulus will not be anywhere near the children who were raised with a stick and a rolling tire to play with.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It's time to focus, and think for yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As the economy goes in the dumps and millions lose their jobs, the BLM will pack it away till next election to make a martyr out of a drug feind in attempts to make sure their preferred candidate gets elected. This may happen sooner than later when they realized Biden is really a racist and when the metoo realizes Biden thinks it's ok to rape a woman. I suspect the protest will be worse for Biden then they were for Trump. You lefties are truly morons when you choose a guy with so much baggage out there for the world to see.

There is so much low hanging fruit on what kind of man Biden is, it's crazy to think the left could be that stupid. And these posters that live to flame everything Trump while voting for Biden just make themselves look like morons.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Trump loses, and mass arrests of this nature will ramp up..big time.
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, how do you personally define "Trumpism"?

Leave the man out of it. What do you mean when you use the term?

In the domestic sphere it's Reactionary Populism versus the old GOP's policy of Market Conservativsm.

In the international sphere it's Pragmatic Defensive Realism versus the old GOP's policy of Idealist Neoconservatism.

The New Republic more superficially, in this biography of Josh Hawley, called it "post-liberalism" -- newrepublic.com...

Meanwhile, the campuses of Silicon Valley, liberalism’s futuristic imperial city, are monuments to the failure of “fusionism”—the Cold War alliance of convenience between traditionalist conservatives, libertarians, neoconservatives, and Chamber of Commerce Republicans. For their decades of junior partnership in a movement based on false ideas about human nature, the post-liberals hold up a dismal tally: A hollowed-out culture.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I found your analysis pretty complete. It' prognosis sure, but your assumptions seem realistic.
That is based on one other fundamental assumption. That being that Trump does not go further off the rails.

I think you pretty much have a grasp on the ineffectual scope of the Biden administration. However to me the hope of Trump maintaining his grip on American conservatism is not so assured. Without the power of the White House Microphone his ranting and ravings could easily morph into nothing more than one more nutter crying in the wilderness.

I don't know what outliers could come into play here but they should not be ignored in their potential. What would happen if Melania declared for divorce and take Baron with her. Would that shake him? What will happen if all those law suits and other civil charges fall on his head with him no longer having the protection of the WH.

And who does he owe all that money to. Will they come after him or his businesses? What other shenaigans might he have been into that could come to light. I have nothing more other than speculations cuz I don't know the answers to those questions.

I do though have this vision of Dorothy and the WItch in their final conflict. Dorothy accidentally tosses water on the fire and it gets on the witch who then dissolves into a puddle. She then fears the head of the witches army of soldiers and flying monkeys for having melted her. To her surprise the captain lays down his weapons and thanks her for killing the witch. Without the witch and her tendrils having control over them all they were glad that she was gone.

So to MAY be the Republican Party. Those in that party that will know that the Biden administration will likely fumble and they could then be looking for new leaders to emerge that embody the conservative narrative that Trump utilized yet with out the bombastic narcissism that he constantly displayed.

The conspiracy theorizing serves a purpose and is applied at moments when it will yield maximum results.

Trump knew on November 4 he'd lost the election. If he had just said "okay, bye" that would be that. The contortions and lawsuits dragging on for weeks have served the greater goal of Trumpism. Biden is now going into January with a 44% favorability rating (www.monmouth.edu...). If it stays this way it will be the lowest favorability rating in history for an entering president - even lower than Trump. He will be entering in a crippled, delegitimized, and weakened condition.

Moreover, 79% of Republicans believe the election was stolen from Trump.

The conspiracy theories were never intended to let him hold onto power. They were intended to be a final knife in the back of the GOP old guard, making it impossible for them to sustain themselves in the coming intra-party battles. They were also intended to weaken and delegitimize Biden. They were a communications plan, not a legal plan. The goal wasn't to keep the presidency, the goal was to shift behavior and mold opinion in targeted demographics and psychographics in a way that could be capitalized upon in the next 24 months. They worked.

In 39 months are people going to remember the ins and outs of what happened over the last couple weeks, Rudy's hair dye running, Sidney Powell promising a Kraken that never came? No. They're just going to remember the phrase "Election Fraud" and "Biden." Time flattens the inconvenience of nuance and softens the edges of fact.
edit on 24-11-2020 by WildBillX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WildBillX
If Trump wins under the current circumstances:

- It will cause civil unrest that will make BLM look like a playdate. The media doesn't determine election winners but they modulate national mood. They create a mediated reality and have generated a sense of inevitability about a Biden inauguration. To pull that out now would be a disaster.

Respectfully disagree...

If Trump can pull this off, the MSM will be decimated by the loss of most if not all of their assets as a result of Trumps EO declaring a national emergency with respect to potential foreign interference in our elections.

Same goes for all of the people and organizations that have been funding the rioters/looters.

They may try to get started, but it will wither and die very quickly this time.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Look no further than the new Republican party.. .what I call the ReTrumplicans'.

The fresh young new faces in Congress this year, the huge new batch coming in 2022.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Again, your analysis is compelling. I find zero to argue against, only to add that I think we face unexpected outliers that might alter the entire picture.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Trump May Lose ... And That's Good for Trumpism --FALSE

If Trump looses that turns 79 million people into criminals, none of them are going to take orders or abide by any mandates from ChiCom Biden.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

If Trump wins under the current circumstances:

- It will cause civil unrest that will make BLM look like a playdate. The media doesn't determine election winners but they modulate national mood. They create a mediated reality and have generated a sense of inevitability about a Biden inauguration. To pull that out now would be a disaster.

Respectfully disagree...

If Trump can pull this off, the MSM will be decimated by the loss of most if not all of their assets as a result of Trumps EO declaring a national emergency with respect to potential foreign interference in our elections.

Same goes for all of the people and organizations that have been funding the rioters/looters.

They may try to get started, but it will wither and die very quickly this time.

I appreciate your disagreement but a sudden 180 in the election results would play right into the hands of Neoliberal Internationalists. It would excuse the application of extraconstitutional measures to "protect democracy."

Supreme Court rulings on words on paper. The SCOTUS has a 150-man police force, it can enforce nothing. The Unified Combatant Commanders are, generally, anti-Trump. The DC Metro Police is under the control of a Democrat, as are the Maryland and Virginia National Guards (in the case of Maryland, a RINO). There was a reason it was Ohio guardsmen who were sent to D.C. during the summer, Northcom determined they were more politically reliable than the more convenient alternatives.

Winning the presidency via court case is the first battle in a short war we stand no chance of winning. Now is the time to withdraw and regroup and - while in opposition - subvert and obstruct. We are stronger now than we were in 2016 and we were stronger in 2016 than we were in 2012. Momentum is on our side.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Trump May Lose ... And That's Good for Trumpism --FALSE

If Trump looses that turns 79 million people into criminals, none of them are going to take orders or abide by any mandates from ChiCom Biden.

Correct. Like I said, if Trump loses that's good for Trumpism.

One way or another someone is going to be president for the next four years and - whomever that person is, Biden or Trump - he's going to be sitting on a powder keg ready to blow. At this point, I want Biden sitting on the barrel of gunpowder.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Trump loses, and mass arrests of this nature will ramp up..big time.
twitter.com...

How does that work? Is the sitting president granted authority to determine how the police operate in the states?

You’d think if that were the case, he would have had the cops take care of the looters in Portland and Kenosha.
edit on 24-11-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

(post by circuitsports removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I appreciate your disagreement but a sudden 180 in the election results would play right into the hands of Neoliberal Internationalists.

And if they were actively engaging in sedition, their asses will be doing so from jail, with all of their assest frozen and seized.

Supreme Court rulings on words on paper. The SCOTUS has a 150-man police force, it can enforce nothing. The Unified Combatant Commanders are, generally, anti-Trump. The DC Metro Police is under the control of a Democrat, as are the Maryland and Virginia National Guards (in the case of Maryland, a RINO). There was a reason it was Ohio guardsmen who were sent to D.C. during the summer, Northcom determined they were more politically reliable than the more convenient alternatives.

When the President nationalizes the guard, he can use them to enforce the Supreme Court's decisions, if necessary.

The 'chaos' you will perceive will only be the last gasp of the traitors before their assets are frozen/seized and their asses are in jail awaiting trial for sedition (or something related).

Winning the presidency via court case is the first battle in a short war we stand no chance of winning. Now is the time to withdraw and regroup and - while in opposition - subvert and obstruct. We are stronger now than we were in 2016 and we were stronger in 2016 than we were in 2012. Momentum is on our side.

Much more heavily than you think. Trump really got more than 80 million votes, and Biden probably less than 30 million.

Let the chaos reveal the anti-American globalist/commies for who they are, and never forget them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join