It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flight — Prestwick flightradar/planefinder guys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I don't think there's more training just there's nothing else to report in the news other than the pandemic and election so its getting noticed more.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

I don't think there's more training just there's nothing else to report in the news other than the pandemic and election so its getting noticed more.

Perhaps but I look often and for a number of years now... I’m seeing way more activity

This also comes as the head of MOD announces more funding and the possibles of WWIII

It’s not just military either it seems to be trainers otherwise used for airliners/training schools

Some days it’s 70% flight training and cargo flights

It’s definitely odd

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Again think pandemic hardly anyone is flying due to travel bans/quarantine so cargo flights will stand out more as they're the only things flying really. Might as well use the empty skies to train etc

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Commercial flights were down something like 90% at one point from last year. That means a lot of pilots aren't flying. If you don't keep your hours up, you lose your qualifications. Cargo pilots are golden, as cargo hasn't even hiccuped, and is even up in some areas. A number of airlines are doing "flights to nowhere", which helps, but they can't fly enough of them to keep all their pilots hours up. So they have to fly trainers and school planes.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Quite a few airlines even took seats out to carry cargo as well. We can't go out in lockdowns for goods so we order online. Demand for cargo this year must be way up just look at amazon's takings this year.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It's been weird. It was almost flat for awhile, because of the added capacity, and near matching rises and drops from different areas. Then suddenly it seemed to jump, now it's mostly back to normal for this time period.

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Woody510

Perhaps but I look often and for a number of years now... I’m seeing way more activity

This also comes as the head of MOD announces more funding and the possibles of WWIII

It’s not just military either it seems to be trainers otherwise used for airliners/training schools

Some days it’s 70% flight training and cargo flights

It’s definitely odd

I've been keeping my eyes on Forward Battle Group Poland for the last little bit as well as new NATO member [Northern] Macedonia.

Some interesting movements/placements.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join