It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An-124 aircraft makes an emergency landing in Novosibirsk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Just caught this feed on Facebook.

One of the largest cargo aircraft in the world, the An-124 Ruslan, rolled off the runway at Novosibirsk's Tolmachevo airport. This was reported by Interfax with reference to a source in the airport services. According to media reports, the aircraft was heading to Vienna without cargo.

An124 gone bush

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well that's a write off. Looks like uncontained engine failure at some point. Something tells me that was what set the emergency off, not simple radio failure.

ETA: The radio failure was caused by uncontained engine failure of the #2 engine during takeoff. Parts of the fan disk were found in a nearby hangar.

edit on 11/13/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Number three didn't go into reverse.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Used to rebuild those blades "airfoils" really enjoyed that job, but an explosion of titanium dust put an end to my career there, I'm now allergic to titanium from staying to fight the fire and inhaling many bad thinks. Had to have a tube down my throat and flown from Palm City to kendall miami burn unit. Those things are expensive and very strong, they will bend, but very hard to break. Used to replace the long leading edge from all the damage from bird strike to normal runway debris being sucked up. Never seen one break seems like fatigue/ stress cracks played a role here. Really sucked though, after 2 months I was well enough to go back to work, and on my first day I broke out in hives everywhere, and it only continued and got worse. All because someone in a different department signed off they cleaned the dust collector and didn't. I guess it overflowed and a spark set it off. I was pushing a set of delta blades by that area when it went off. Turned my back it burnt me good. Crappy situation. I got alot of thanks for saving millions worth of parts from the fire. The good that came out of it is there are cameras covering every square inch and I'm used in a new training video on how to handle fires. I went through 4 yellow extinguishers putting the fire out I had a completely contained before the fire department arrived.

Is that the plane that opens up in the nose and rear? Can also carry the space shuttle?
edit on 11/13/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Had a P@W explode in the test room. Apparently final inspection forgot to check the cord length on 1 blade, was a couple milometers to long, went out of balance scraped the inside and went it a bad way, there were all kinds of pieces stuck in the wall in there I'm surprised some didn't make it through. Was very scary. Obviously that person lost there job and insurance went skyrocketing

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

My other half's father inhaled rubberizing compound used in engines and ended up with chemical bronchitis because of it. It messed him up until he died. They got dust masks when working, but weren't required to wear them.

This is the one that opens nose and tail, like the C-5, but wasn't the one designed to carry the shuttle. That is the An-225.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha
Lets just watch the plane go off the runway..No panic or anything..

new topics

top topics

join