It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS5’s Launch Lineup Confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
PS5’s Launch Lineup Confirmed at 11:35 in the video below:

Did the launch games live up to your expectations? Personally I missed Cyberpunk 2077, but I´ll probably order No Mans Sky as it´s starting to look quit good imo due to many large updates over the past months.

-MM
edit on 10-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I think I’m going to hold off for a few months and let more games come out. Besides Miles Morales, I do not see anything worth getting one for myself just yet.
On the other hand I got a PS5 for each of my boys so they are besides themselves waiting for Thursday’s release. We got really lucky with preorders and got one the first day they dropped and one of my sons got a PlayStation invite for the other one.

I need God of War Ragnarok or another Uncharted before I get the bug. Who knows, Cyberpunk might do it.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The only thing that makes the ps5 worth looking at so far is Demon Souls and only because Sony pulled a typical Sony moved and backpedaled on it coming to the PC eventually.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Rock* aren’t remastering RedDead for PS5. So as far as I’m concerned Play Station can stick their PS5 where the sun don’t shine... not personally interested at the present time.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Still waiting on their VR announcement... so far i've heard they're sticking with the old model

dumb move..

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Usually I’m an xbox guy because I prefer the controller layout..
That being said I wouldn’t mind playing some of the PS exclusives on the new consoles.
Ghost of Tsushima would be high up on the list..

But any ps games from the ps4 era played on the ps5 needs to be played on a ps4 controller...
Xbox on the other hand has great backwards compatibility. Been playing splinter cell: chaos theory on the one X.

I’m pretty torn with the next generation. Ps5 or SeriesX..
I just dunno

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Usually I’m an xbox guy because I prefer the controller layout..
That being said I wouldn’t mind playing some of the PS exclusives on the new consoles.
Ghost of Tsushima would be high up on the list..

But any ps games from the ps4 era played on the ps5 needs to be played on a ps4 controller...
Xbox on the other hand has great backwards compatibility. Been playing splinter cell: chaos theory on the one X.

I’m pretty torn with the next generation. Ps5 or SeriesX..
I just dunno

I´ve never owned a XBox, only Playstation´s. My problem with Ghost of Tsushima is that it´s a straight port from the PS4,the PS5 only brings a higher framerate (60fps). The game looks great on PS 4, but I´ll probably focus on exclusive for PS5 titles at first at least.

-MM

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I hear ya, also one of the reasons I prefer xbox.

The one X was the only console on the previous gen that had true 4k and they also upped the graphics for a lot of games on the one x. I’m also a bit of a Bethesda fan, and ms having bought Bethesda probably means I’ll stick to xbox in the next gen.

My one X already has an ssd that installed myself, so I’ve had ‘next-gen’ load times for the last 2 years.

Another bonus is I can still play most of the games I purchased for the 360 on my one X and get resolution boosts and quality boosts. In my book that puts ms ahead of sony.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That's because no one has "proved" the value of VR.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

AR is more compelling to me than VR.

-MM

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

LOL... i'd say Facebook paying 2 billion dollars for oculus proves the value of VR... Its just been too expensive for the average person to buy until recently

And in my experience the only people who say things like that are those who haven't even tried it

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

AR is more compelling to me than VR.

-MM

always wondered why... AR would be great for certain apps, but its a lot different then immersing yourself in an entire environment... Plus AR is impossibly expensive, whereas you can get into pretty high quality VR for $300

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Good points, AR is too expensive, and VR too "big and clunky" yet for mass appeal - but they´re getting close now.

-MM
edit on 11-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Its really not big and clunky... just depends on the set... the Rift S barely touches your face and its light

Though mobile wireless sets sit heavy on the face... apparently the new quest is lighter

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So far got Spiderman Miles Morales and AC Valhalla (EXCELLENT game). Spiderman MM is really too much like the previous SPiderman, just a different guy. Feels like I'm basically playing the same game, although so far I like the original better. In S:MM Spidey just looks cartoony also

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Thanks, getting my PS5 delivered today, now I know what to buy.

-MM

new topics

top topics

join