It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google gunning for Bitchute ... App deleted and site now down. Time to bail Google ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Looks like Google recently banned the Bitchute app from its playstore, according to this article on reclaimthenet.org and several other sources. I just got a new phone and noticed that the app wasn't on it. Went to fetch it and it's gone.

In addition, Bitchute just happens to be down today. Just a small coincidence, I'm sure!

I've been backing away from big tech for a few weeks now, using YT less and less, going to Bitchute more and more. This pretty much pisses me off. I've had a YT Premium account for years, used Play Music and now YT Music. Time to go to some other source and stop giving them my money. I don't know that my few pennies a month will matter to them, but I'll sleep better.

edit on 2020 11 03 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, that's not good. SSL handshake failed, never seen that cloudflare error before.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ditto, Bitchute down, how convenient.a reply to: incoserv

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Well, that's not good. SSL handshake failed, never seen that cloudflare error before.

Me, neither. Weird. And on election day, when Bitchute is the main source for any right leaning video feeds.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

what is a youtube premium account, (quickly googles it, apologies) wait you paid youtube for content which is available for free?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That means they just forgot to update their SSL certificate.
Happens to the best of em

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

what is a youtube premium account, (quickly googles it, apologies) wait you paid youtube for content which is available for free?

You don't have to see the commercials. You get background playing of content. You can download videos for viewing off-line. Several perks that made it worthwhile. I have/had a family acc't, so wife and daughter use it, and I have a secondary for my music.

You get full access to the music (was Play Music, now converting to YouTube Music), which means you can download and listen off-line and don't have any adverts.

It was good while it lasted, but I'll have to check out Spotify or some other source. I'll do some research.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That means they just forgot to update their SSL certificate.
Happens to the best of em

Right. On election day. As the best conservative source for video feeds. A few days after YouTube banned their app from the app store.

Hey, call me a "conspiracy theorist", but ...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I never used the junk bitchute app but just a few hours ago on the website I watched todays video from Jeff on the dollarvigilante channel.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It looks like we've been deplatformed on some critical infrastructure that has taken the site offline. We're trying to speak to people and find out more before saying more than that. So far we have received some very general account account termination emails.

Source

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Every one of those perks is immediately invalidated by newpipe.

There is zero reason to pay for youtube.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Regarding the recent banning of the other BitChute app, sadly it was in clear violation of their policies. It used the BitChute name, logo and just opened the site in a container, but nowhere in the listing said it was a 3rd party app. Even users assumed this was the official app

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Every one of those perks is immediately invalidated by newpipe.

There is zero reason to pay for youtube.

Thank you. Connection slow right now, but I'm looking. If you are right, I'll be cancelling my YouTube acc't post haste.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut

Regarding the recent banning of the other BitChute app, sadly it was in clear violation of their policies. It used the BitChute name, logo and just opened the site in a container, but nowhere in the listing said it was a 3rd party app. Even users assumed this was the official app

twitter.com...

They had Bitchute's permission.

Any other lies you want to believe?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Looks like their site may be down? Try their github page.

github.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Looks like their site may be down? Try their github page.

github.com...

I just checked the site and it is definitely down at the moment. Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Enough said here:

Bitchute Caves to Jewish-Marxist Pressure – Embraces Censorship

Well, that's sad if true.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That whole website looks like a shill. The wordings are over the top.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What if they censor most alt Media tonight and ignore the real votes, and the MSM just calls out Biden as a winner?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join