If you're in the US traveling at this time of potential political turmoil, there are a number of precautions you can apply and avoid a normal day from
turning into something tragic.
1. Check your vehicle. Fuel and oil levels. Tire pressure, water etc. You don't want to be stranded in the wrong place. Make sure you have all the
necessary tools to change a tire.
2. Contact local authorities. Get the info on the ground about planned protests etc.
3. Avoid peak traffic times if you can, a static target is the last thing you want to be.
4. Know the location and contact numbers of police (safe house) , fire department, paramedics and hospitals of the area you are entering. Have them on
5. Get a tracking app that updates your location and add your family to the group so you can monitor each other's progress. Google maps has live
location tracker as well.
6. When stopping behind another vehicle, leave enough space in front so you can get past in another lane should the need arise.
7. Be aware of choke points. A traffic light, stop sign etc. Time your approach to catch the green light. If you can't, take a lane that is not boxed
in by other lanes. If tshtf, you need an exit strategy over a curb or whatever. Know your plan before you come to a stop.
8. Keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
9. Monitor groups of people at chokepoints. Watch for their hands. Hands in pockets or going for pockets need to be watched especially. Check their
general demeanor, are they tense?
10. Plan alternative routes if you see heavy congestion on your google maps or whatever app you are using.
11. Here's how you get a vehicle to change to a slower lane if you want to pass works over 90% of the time. Approach vehicle not too fast as if you
are going to go through them. There is a psychological distance that is very important! One car length. You are not on top of the vehicle but close
enough to stay on the drivers mind. Be slightly of to the side so your lights are in his side mirror. Try it, it works like a bomb! Always look at the
cars in front of that car. When their brake lights go on you can break before the car in front of you brakes.
12. Do you conceal carry? When stopping at a traffic light with potential threat unclip your seatbelt but keep it there in place to clip it back in
again. If no threat arises you can quickly clip it back in and proceed but should you be required to draw quickly you don't want to struggle with the
seatbelt when the adrenaline kicks in.
13. Have water and whatever you need prepacked so you don't have to stop unnecessarily. You can even urinate in a bottle while driving. Extreme, I
14. Buy some stupid BLM or Antifa paraphernalia and have it on the passenger seat. You can still fake your way out of a hairy situation and avoid
I might add some more tips should I remember anything I might have left out.
edit on 3-11-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-11-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason
edit on 3-11-2020 by 19Bones79 because: Lots of sp.