It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Sunspot, Crackling with Flares

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

"When I looked on the morning of Oct. 27th, the sunspot group was almost 8 times wider than Earth," says Talafha, "and it may have grown since then."

These dimensions make AR2778 an easy target for backyard solar telescopes. Amateur astronomers with safely-filtered optics are encouraged to monitor developments.
BIG SUNSPOT, CRACKLING WITH FLARES

That's all we need, is the grid taken out before the asteroid hits the Earth the day before election day.

2020 is the year that keeps giving.

The sun has been pretty quite. Let's hope it is not waking up with a bang.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Actually it's the opposite.
As soon as sun flares start making appearances the weather will go back to a more "normal".

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

That may be true.

A CME killshot can still take out the grid.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
At this point it would almost be welcome. The asteroid. You know, because 2020.

What amazes me is the scale of the universe. 93 million miles from earth and the flash of radiation still makes its way here.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Coincidence? This afternoon people at work were having trouble running reports, getting connection errors to the report server farm. It's possible it was affected by the solar flares. The company has world-wide server farms. At the same time Facebook wouldn't load for me normally. It kept loading the mobile page on my laptop which it never does. Around the same time it started working normally we were also able to successfully run reports.

Hm...

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The sun has been pretty quite.

Yuh mean quiet?

Never mind that, I actually think the Earth's atmosphere is getting thinner, I've never seen the Sun in it's natural colour until maybe these last ten years or so and it is blindingly white, even though we live in the troposphere, and the obvious? culprit being that the ozone layer has not repaired and more like disappeared almost.

That aside, It seems like the ozone layer is safe according to who you talk to, and just about nobody likes to talk about nuclear test caused CFC's can damage the ozone layer, (which they can) apart from scientific downplay in some quarters.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yuh mean quiet?

Lol, yes I did.

The sun does seem harsher and brighter then before.

Could just be my eyes getting old.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There is this too, from 2010

The Sun,is it brighter and hotter than normal

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That may be true.

Yep if I remember correctly some of the transformers? etc aren't readily available and have to be custom made, thus potentially taking years to restore.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I am watching a UK series called Cobra.

It's about rebuilding after a CME. One of the problems they have ran into is they don't have enough super transformers to replace all the burned out ones.

A lot of the show is about politics. It's been OK so far, though.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

That may be true.

Yep if I remember correctly some of the transformers? etc aren't readily available and have to be custom made, thus potentially taking years to restore.

That has been mentioned before, It seemed to me at the time that R&D was a dirty word, while profit was nice.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It's possible it was affected by the solar flares.

Not really. A C class flare is pretty insignificant. Barely any effect (if any) on satellite communications and none on ground based.
edit on 10/27/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Coincidence? This afternoon people at work were having trouble running reports, getting connection errors to the report server farm. It's possible it was affected by the solar flares. The company has world-wide server farms. At the same time Facebook wouldn't load for me normally. It kept loading the mobile page on my laptop which it never does. Around the same time it started working normally we were also able to successfully run reports.

Hm...

Mercury's retrograde. www.almanac.com...
Station point is Nov 3rd

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: HalWesten

It's possible it was affected by the solar flares.

Not really. A C class flare is pretty insignificant. Barely any effect (if any) on satellite communications and none on ground based.

Well it's one heck of a coincidence then.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good to see solar cycle 25 beginning to kick off we could use some plasma after the past few years of only cosmic rays. Now only thing to be seen in if we keep lulling off towards the second maunder, or if we start increasing towards a future max again, next six months or so should be telling

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

I vote for global warming.

A mini ice age sounds cold.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Actually it's the opposite.
As soon as sun flares start making appearances the weather will go back to a more "normal".

Yeah, less energy is escaping the sun, it's magnetic field is weak right now. When we get out of the minimum, a lot of energy particles are attracted back to the sun by it's higher gravity or something like that. But then it gets spots and they explode releasing a lot of energy into the solar system and it is more directional and sometimes hits earth.

That is how I understand it anyway, it is like watching logs burning, the round shape creates an energy field and there is a lot of glowing going on and less flame. Crack the log and flames shoot out.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I still stare at the sun for up to 20 seconds sometimes. Although it's usually no more than fifteen seconds. Helps to burn away dead cells and spurs production of new cells.

That's probably not true but I have. even doing this sporadically since the second grade and I'm still the only person im my family and my wife's family who has no need for glasses.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Harsher UV rays, that's why it feels so hot. Sunspots are about to go silent for 35 to 40 years as we enter a Grand Solar Minimum and things will cool back off. I'm assuming the left will take credit for it and claim they stopped global warming but I digress.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hey how come after about eight seconds of staring at the sun, it begins to look like a white drain that light is flowing into?? It's kinda It's kinda why I started staring again more frequently last year. I noticed it looks like a a drain hole for light. Once the purple spot appears I know I have to turn away. Pretty sure that my eyeballs telling me I'm reaching the threshold before damage occurs.
The purple only lingers for a few minutes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join