It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Schools.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I mean, if you put up ' automatic trail cameras', never in the history
of the world has one caught much of anything?

Well, all I can think of is the ongoing 'Hessdalen Lights' mystery in Norway, officially devoid of explanation for 90 years, although large scandium deposits causing gaseous combustions is a popular theory that chimes with me. Activity has decreased over the last decade, but I think there is still 'some' form of display each month.

Nice to see you again, Kev, at the tail end of ATS's existence.

edit on 29-10-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I came back just briefly due to ATS's pending demise and because
I had a handful of things to say to a couple people.

In my view, the Hessdalen effect is not related to UFOlogy, except
as another form of misinterpreted natural phenomenon.

For what it's worth, I strongly suspected someone would respond like
you did, and I welcomed that. It wasn't wrong to bring up.

Always nice to talk with you... if you want to talk to me.. get me while
the iron's hot!

Kev

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

In my view, the Hessdalen effect is not related to UFOlogy, except
as another form of misinterpreted natural phenomenon.

I agree, although of course some Hessdalen witnesses have come forward over the years with tales of 'saucers' and more standard/cliched ufological paraphernalia to 'sex' the mystery up. I suppose that is to be expected, but at the end of the day, unusual gaseous combustions seem to be the likely, vastly less romantic explanation.

Always nice to talk with you.

Likewise, mate.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

the unconscious mind gets primed with something taken to
be extraordinary but is not, then, people who are prone to
magical thinking see things from their own stash of stage
content in their minds and attribute the miraculous to it.

It seemed to happen (somewhat) at RFI.

It definitely (strongly) seemed to happen to some Navy pilots.

There were elements of that in my own BTUFO sighting. I can't
honestly say how much of what I experienced was due to this
effect. (I mean, I was paralyzed for 15
minutes and couldn't move.. if that was simple hysteria,
that was some hella strong hysteria).

As you know, I'm very open to some 'more out there' ideas, but
I know better than anyone, that the capacity for human self-delusion
is basically infinite.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
Hi Kev - nice to 'see' you again!

1st, as to the "puberty" question - most of these school sightings happened at elementary/primary schools, where students would all be under age 11, so not experiencing puberty.

2nd, if you thoroughly read the "Analysis of Angel Hair" linked by Karl12 on pg 2 (above your post I'm replying to), it does provide some definite (though short-lived) "empirically solid evidence"...and the bit that I bolded in the quote is an interesting correlation.

It is interesting that in multiple cases, widespread in time and location, the same elements were detected: silicon,calcium, magnesium, and boron. Angel hair has been called borosilicate glass due to these constituents.

• October 1953, Victoria, Australia. “ . . . a sample was recovered and made available for laboratory analysis. The examination revealed that the substance consisted of a nylon-like amorphous mass with traces of magnesium, calcium, boron and silicon. Since then the original material, which was kept in an air-tight container shrank from three to a mere half-inch without residue.”

• October 27, 1954, Florence, Italy. “Engineering stu-dent Alfredo Jacopozzi collected samples in a jar and tookit to Professor Cozzi at the Institute of Chemistry at theUniversity of Florence for analysis . . . the substance contained such known elements as boron, silicon, magne-sium and calcium.”

• January 17, 1963, Entre Ríos province, Argentina.“ . . . a formation passed over Entre Ríos, and observers recovered vitreous particles that had fallen from them . . .these particles were found to be an amalgam of silicon, boron, calcium, and magnesium, just the same as has been found in similar circumstances in other parts of the world.

”While silicon, calcium, and magnesium are common elements in the earth’s crust, boron is not. It constitutes only 3–10 parts per million of the crust, making it relatively rare. Why it should turn up in these samples from three different continents years apart is unknown. Boron absorbs neutrons and is used to shield and control nuclear reactions, adding to the speculation that angel hair is a by-product of a nuclear propulsion system.
(An interesting aside involves J. Allen Hynek’s infamous March 1966 “swamp gas” case at Hillsdale College, Michigan. Analysis of the landing site showed radiation levels higher than the surrounding area, and the ground was contaminated with boron.)

When you really read a lot of these source materials (in depth), you see these clusters of specific 'types' of group experiences -
- and it starts looking as if cases prior to the late 1970's (for the most part) actually represent something different 'going on' compared to later UFO 'encounters'...

edit on 29-10-2020 by lostgirl because: correction

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Well, kids going through puberty are purported to cause poltergeist phenomenon of course.

Of course mate.

A few reports out there involving poltergeist activity after a UFO sighting as well.

The real question, is whether we can EVER take the observer out of the picture and point at something as being objective, empirically solid without being filtered through a human mind.

Some deep philosophical musings thee Kev and if the 'physical reality via human observer' concept is the real question (or the general idea) then what about things like dinosaurs?

We obviously weren't around to observe back then so do you think dinosaurs existed in physical reality?

But gather together some human minds, and you get 'UFOs'.

Hope I understand where your coming from and do appreciate the insight, particularly when it comes to wrapping one's head around highly strange cases like Aveley, Wood, Mann etc. - no doubt consciousness also plays a huge role in the UFO mystery (despite science not knowing what it is).

Know you feel physical aspects to UFOs are 'irrelevant' in the grand scheme of things but can't seem to get away from the stone cold actuality of objects involved in certain cases - this object burnt a boy's head so bad his nose was not visible, his hair was burnt off and his ears were turned inside out resembling 'ground beef' so when speculating about physical remains and quantum psychosomatic effects that one really does take the cake.

if you take humans out of the mix, there simply ARE NO UFOS.

Yes mate, could be simply argued that there's just noone around to report them but do see your point and also see you've made a separate thread so don't want to get too off topic regarding the UFO / school connection.

Did think this thread and these comments brought up some interesting ideas and obviously lots of parallels with Fae lore and legal DEMT astral experiments so it's all rather fascinating.

Anyway you don't see that many school FBT/Boomerang reports so here's one from Arizona in the 1980's.

According to the International Center for UFO Research (ICUR) in Scottsdale, throughout the 1980s, a huge boomerang-shaped object nearly a half-mile wide appeared repeatedly over the small town of Morenci.

One sighting in particular was seen by hundreds of the residents. The object hovered in place for long enough so that everyone who was outside was able to see it.

More than a hundred members of the Morenci High School observed the object, and described it as being “several football fields” in size.

People throughout the town also watched it. The witnesses all agreed that it was covered with red and white lights on the underside which swept back in a boomerang shape.

link

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Well, all I can think of is the ongoing 'Hessdalen Lights' mystery in Norway, officially devoid of explanation for 90 years

Hola mate don't know if there are any schools in Hesdallen but Ealing Strand does discuss recent research in this interview and explains how sightings in the valley actually go back generations (he also describes how a disc shaped object flew over his head back in 1978).

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

witnesses have come forward over the years with tales of 'saucers' and more standard/cliched ufological paraphernalia to 'sex' the mystery up

When it comes to UFOs witnessed then the film below does contain testimony from long term residents describing cigar, saucer and conical shaped objects and they seem pretty sincere (and confused) to me.

Vid

a reply to: lostgirl

You actually read it.

Didn't realise the Fatima event also involved claims of angel hair but there's also this football stadium case in case you hadn't seen it.

Report:

This document brings together a compilation of Australian reports which appear to relate to the topic of "Angel hair," and presents an analysis of the available data.

A CATALOGUE AND ANALYSIS OF AUSTRALASIAN ‘ANGEL HAIR’ CASES - Keith Basterfield

Research:

UFOs and "angel hair" - in search of evidence

Oloron school case:

link 1 / 2

Cheers.
edit on 30-10-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Always nice to talk to you.

Yes, the 'golden age' of UFO's present differently, and I talk about them
somewhat differently.

I must say that 'angel hair is a very contentious thing'.

And thanks for the input on puberty.

I guess I then go to my other point I tend to make, that since we ourselves
are not 'real' in the sense people want us to be, that these sort of
"materializations" certainly can happen, though they are less common.

Why they mostly stopped in the 'golden age'?

That's been my primary question since day one.

I must say, that in a certain sense that means to me, that we've been
'abandoned', that our fate is now sealed to become a machine-based
intelligence society, where humans go extinct as biological entities..
that the 'analog digital war' was decided. But I admit, that's wild
speculation based upon too few clues.

I can't prove that.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Of course your bring up some good points.

You really know your UFOlogy.

I hope you understand that I understand.. your views might be the correct ones,
and I am mistaken.

That said...

If it weren't for entropy, gravity and the curve of space time.. etc... not to
mention the higgs field and higgs bosons, there would be no solid matter..

that we can more easily be modeled as quantum information streams.. and that
perhaps the 'older ones' or perhaps 'most every other civilization' is more
'ethereal' and 'timeless' not caught in entropy and death.

That what we see as the 'more physical' bits of 'ufos' are just tiny incursions
from actual 'reality', that we here are lost in Platos cave...

that our physical reality is what's not 'real' in comparison to a more complete
space/time, that we are the strange blips on the ass of the rest of reality.

Ultimately that's my core position.. that explains everything to me personally..
that fits all my experiences and all experiences of everyone.

but it's nothing that I can prove.

And I don't have a horse in this race.

As I've said elsewhere... I just like to keep people's minds a bit more
open to possibilities.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That what we see as the 'more physical' bits of 'ufos' are just tiny incursions from actual 'reality', that we here are lost in Platos cave...

we are the strange blips on the ass of the rest of reality

Well the more bizarre, high strangeness UFO / Humanoid / Bigfoot / MIB / Poltergeist / Time Anomaly crossover cases I read (reported by seemingly credible people) the more I'm inclined to agree with you mate.

'Strange blips on the ass of the rest of reality' indeed and never thought I'd be going down this path when I started looking into the UFO subject many moons ago.

As I've said elsewhere... I just like to keep people's minds a bit more open to possibilities.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that Kev and don't think I've got a horse in the race either (I don't know much other than the UFO subject is an extremely serious mystery which world governments take extremely seriously).

It's a bit of a shocker just how many of these school UFO cases are out there - here's another freaky daylight one which Tim Good describes as 'most extraordinary'.

This thing had landed in the roadway. It took up the whole width of the road and overlapped onto the pavements.

"It wasn't on the ground, it had about eight massive suckers. The centre was still, but the outer rim was spinning slowly and it had white lights flashing, like a camera flash," he recalled.

"There were about 30 of us staring at it. We could hear it humming.

"It had what looked like windows but the glass was concave and moulded together so you couldn't see in. A couple of us went forward to try and touch it and it began to spin faster.

"Then it lifted slowly off the ground and hovered above our heads, tilting slightly."

The craft moved slowly until it was over Bedonwell Primary School, where it stayed for about a minute, then shot up into the sky and disappeared.

Interview - The Bexleyheath Incident

Link 1 / 2

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading your response Karl.

" it had about eight massive suckers."

In my mind? Everything is some minimally
sentient computer code, in a manner of
speaking.. anything is possible.

I guess that makes me a techno-
pansychist.

Now Karl...

what's your take on the 'golden age of UFOs'
mostly 'going away'?

Stuff like that still happens, but you don't
hear about it much anymore... are people
simply too embarrassed to say that elves are
showing up and giving them cookies, then
riding away on their magic horsies?

Or has something REALLY changed?
I don't know for sure.

Kev

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Angel Hair?

I recall a show from back in the early 60’s called One Step Beyond with host John Newland. One episode (1960) titled Encounter.....about a Cigar shaped UFO that includes Angel Hair and an abduction (kidnap). In the storytelling, references are made to other Angel Hair events.

Preface....One Step Beyond was like a Twilight Zone except for it’s episode themes were to be based on facts, and re-enacted. Pretty good show back in the day.

I recommend watching the entire episode about 25 min no ads ...but if you want to jump straight to the portion that mentions and re-creates Angel Hair for the dramatization... go to min 14:00

Direct Link: m.youtube.com... in case the vid below gets booted...

Enjoy 😉

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I guess that makes me a techno-pansychist.

Mate, I had to look that word up lol.

plato.stanford.edu...

what's your take on the 'golden age of UFOs'
mostly 'going away'?

Haven't really got one mate but not sure that it has - are the people who are saying that even bothering to look?

Still plenty of extremely strange (global) UFO/USO reports coming in.

a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Think you may have got post of the week there mate and many thanks for sharing that episode - enjoyed watching it and looks like the writer did his homework on existing UFO research.

Also interesting that they decided to set the UFO encounter near a mine and that pilot transmission really did put me in mind of this case from Puerto Rico in 1980 (pilots never seen again).

No angel hair in this case but did find it interesting that the object was reported hovering over the school's water tower.

Asheville School for Boys - May 1964

Sketch:

In the early morning hours of May 9, 1964, two students at the Asheville School for Boys spotted a mysterious craft hovering over the school’s water tower. The craft was saucer-shaped and silver in color, with a mysterious blue light emanating from its windows. A golden disk perched atop the craft “moved wildly” as the craft hovered. Then, without warning, sparks rained down from the saucer; the craft took off in the direction of the rising sun at an “amazingly fast speed.” The students, declaring themselves to be of “sound mind and body,” attested to their encounter the following day in signed statements, their names and signatures later redacted by the bureaucrats charged with declassifying the case files of Project Blue Book.

link / Bluebook Document[

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Karl,

you are saying that cases such as this are still common?

en.wikipedia.org...

?

Kev

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12.....enjoyed watching it and looks like the writer did his homework on existing UFO research....... Also interesting that they decided to set the UFO encounter near a mine and that pilot transmission.....

A supplemental observation of info based on the 1960 Encounter episode.

Two landmarks are mentioned 1) Comstock Peak (Mountain) and 2) Loon Lake. Each within distance of each other, both of these exist together on both the Pacific and Atlantic sides of the North American continent.

Below, pictured to the left, shown in red arrows is in British Colombia near Vancouver. To the right, in Maine near the Canadian border (top arrow is Comstock Mountain, lower south east arrow is Loon Lake) (for some reason I could not get both landmark names in either picture to show up at the same time zooming in and out)

Well, which side of the continent do I pick? I think at least I’m in the area based on the episode’s road builder character with the French Canadian accent. Mining was mentioned. So I suspect the Pacific side since much mining especially for gold has been traditionally on pacific side of the continent.

Then without Mufon etc.. a simple search about the incident portrayed in the episode for the main character Robert (Bob) Rand Loon Lake/Comstock Mountain UFO yielded nothing. Then when using Loon Lake UFO’s on its own (makes better sense for me for sightings and possible abductions, then using Comstock Mountain), it yielded at least 2 hits. One in British Colombia and the other in Minnesota. (Reasonable to think there may be multiple landmarks using the same names).

The text below the landmark pictures is from the B.C. sighting, this time it’s a Triangle.... as for the murder of the lady, how about it being an abduction instead? I have not looked for this specific incident to find if there was an official outcome to her disappearance.

The last item below, I have yet to read fully, but from the byline text alone....bottom line is ...she died in her car waiting for a UFO that never rendezvoused with her. Perhaps she had her instructions mixed up and went to the wrong Loon Lake...and she should have been at the B.C. Loon Lake instead......hmmmm. It may well be that Loon Lake in B.C. Is a possible area of continued activity.

I digress back to the thread topic....
edit on 31-10-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

you are saying that cases such as this are still common?

en.wikipedia.org...

Think you know I'm not saying that Kev but interesting that you picked that particular 'unique' case and do wonder what became of John Mulholland's investigation.

MUFON do seem very reluctant to share 'humanoid' reports with other researchers these days (even though they're still asking for public donations) but suppose when it comes to global reports of UFO occupants and 'exotic humanoids' then the main questions are where do people go to report them and is anyone even bothering to collate them anymore?

Lots of research organisations now defunct (and old data like HUMCAT have defunct links) but does look like places in Europe, North America, South America, Australia, Africa, Puerto Rico etc. still generate contemporary reports.

For what it's worth folks like Albert Rosales, Lon Strickler, Jorge Martin, Keith Basterfield, Peter Davenport, Carl Feindt, Scott Coralles etc.. are still involved in ongoing research and also a few books out there dealing with the subject.

Your post did send me off on a cursory search for small humanoids with pointy ears and didn't realize the one reported in the Broadhaven School UFO case may have also been witnessed by a resident of a nearby hotel.

Vid

This one from Jacksonville in 1972 sounds a bit reminiscent of the Hopkinsville humanoid.

Suddenly, the lights moved directly toward him, stopping 150 feet over his boat. The domed, circular shape was clear now and the electrician knew he was looking at a craft that was not from this planet. Approximately 75 feet across, eight feet thick, with a dome estimated at five feet high, the strange object had brilliant lights around its circumference.

Standing in the waist-high growth was an alien being, clothed in a tight fitting suit that the witness compared to old fashioned men's winter underwear, "except it was a dark silver gray and it shined slightly." The being was about five to five and a half feet tall, had small arms, a large head with pointed ears, and a slightly angular chin. On the top of its head was a glowing disc. The creature's mouth was slightly open and framed in the bright glow from Chastain's spotlight, the oversized, protruding eyes resembled glass reflecting light. As the witness understated, "It didn't look human at all!"

link

And this one from 1986 in Lame Deer Mountain, Montana also sounds a bit freaky.

In the Northern Cheyenne Reservation three young cousins were playing hide and seek in the hills behind their grandmother’s house about 150 yards from the house when one of the cousins was heard screaming.

Their grandmother heard the screaming and she ran out the back porch to see the kids running towards the house and the little green man chasing them. When the little green man reached a point near the house it suddenly stopped and just stood there watching the house. The little green figure stood there watching the house until sundown.

link

Don't know what to make of this 2010 report as goblin tales are apparently 'regular fodder' in the Zimbabwe media (but at least it mentions a school).

Makande rural clinic situated 60 kilometres south-west of Karoi town was forced to close for two weeks after nurses fled following attacks by ‘’goblins’’ prompting traditional leaders to hire people to exorcise the area (tsikamutandas).

Villagers said the goblins attacks came at a time when nurses were busy with a malaria programme aimed at reducing malaria related deaths, which are prevalent in the area..

A teacher at Makande primary school said school children were also causalities of attacks daily

link

Any joy with the dinosaur question mate - do you accept that objects can quite happily exist on this planet without the need of a human observer?

Also, if a 'Hopkinsville' like event happened in your home would you actually report it (and, if so, who would you report it to)?

Cheers.
edit on 2-11-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think where I differentiate things Karl, is that I don't see
the police being called out, or the local airforce base being
called out, and they actually show up... that sort of thing
doesn't happen any more? (I know you Karl, you will now
tell me of a recent case of this happening.. LOL).

But I think it's a fair point, that as human culture changes,
and the human mind changes.. human beliefs change..

that what was once elves became demons, once Christianity
started destroying the natural world.. and then became
'UFOs' after after the advent of science..

I know that a few people still report elves and demons and
the like.. but not so many..

Now people are convinced that it's either alienz in space
craft, or black ops craft.

I had one fella on ATS tell me, that he was certain the weird
shape-changing UFO he saw was black ops, as it had a huge
label on it that said "Made in the USA"! that he could see
from miles away... just wow..

People see what they want to see..

And if there are physical side effects, that's mostly
irrelevant in my perspective. But you know this.

The reason I don't care much about physical effects
is that if a person is being scammed.. the most
relevant fact to face up to, is that they are being
scammed.. not necessarily how the card trick
is done.

Of course it would be fun to learn new physics
from this stuff.. but as we've seen.. the
'scammer' won't let anything be learned that
is actually useful..

Despite all this, a few people study the 'Oz
factor' and have some good observations...
but I wonder if it's like "Final Destination"
the movie.. that even such observations
lead one to the same place, as if one were
completely gullible like most.

It's a rough subject.. a rough field.. full of
self-deception and USG deception on top
of all that.

Kev

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

"Also, if a 'Hopkinsville' like event happened in your home would you actually report it (and, if so, who would you report it to)?"

I reported it to JV, who came out and spent the day with me to
investigate. Of course that is rather uncommon.. we had a mutual
friend who is a world-famous physicist.

On the other hand, when I also reported it to MUFON,
MUFON simply removed 80% of the details of my report,
including all mention of the 'humanoid'.

The bill of goods that the powers that be want to be sold,
is that we need more military funding for crackpot
pseudoscience so that we may fight off the evil
aliens in their nuts and bolts ships you know.

And of course
turn us all into 'ufo detectors' with a smartphone app,
to track the human experimentation on us, and any
actual human enemies aircraft in our airspace.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Would love to read about your encounter

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Some good detective work there bud and do wonder just how many FBT sightings are actually out there now.

we found a large triangular object hovering in the sky at a distance of approx. 500m from us. A 'shimmering energy' moved back and forth over the underside of the otherwise black craft.

Also found this Loon lake report from Troy Ryan.

On the other hand, when I also reported it to MUFON, MUFON simply removed 80% of the details of my report,including all mention of the 'humanoid'.

That's definitely not the first time I've heard that Kev and there does appear to be some kind of prejudice (or agenda) within MUFON when it comes to selective cherrypicking of reported witness details.

Apparently some of the more well known Bigfoot reporting organisations are known to do the same and actively censor all mention of orbs, globes or objects witnessed at the same time.

Cheers.

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: [post=25517504]KellyPrettyBear[/pos]

Would love to read about your encounter

Yes so would I Kev, any chance of starting a separate thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join