It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbie addresses racism (more like "white privilege")

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
At least their 60 years ahead of the non binary gender curve.

I wish I could tell you when we were kids how we corrected this on my friend's sister's Ken doll.

edit on 23-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Specimen88
At least their 60 years ahead of the non binary gender curve.

I wish I could tell you how when we were kids and corrected this on my friend's sister's Ken doll.

My favorite was 'Human Centipede Barbie'...Good Times.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
My favorite was 'Human Centipede Barbie'...Good Times.

I so would have made that.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Kudos! Great explanation!

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Fight racism by stating people should be treated the same while highlighting people are different while assuming anyone white will treat people not white inhumanly?

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Nah she is just bitter because Action man/Gi Joe has eloped with Ken and they are currently bumming around the Bahamas somewhere, ken has apparently developed a fetish for zip lines and combat knives as well so maybe barbie is better off without him.

White privilege my arse, put a group of young virile black men in a line up and they can have any woman they want, no racism they have been raised in isolation from the world, blonde's, brunette's oriental and African beauty's line up to be picked, they all go for the pretty blonde or the pretty Asian chick's, why, it's hard wired into the male genome.

Slavery - sure white privilege traded far and wide around the world even to this day.
www.africaresource.com...

Percentage of population is not privilege it is statistics and larger population groups have more say, abolishing ALL racial divide should be the goal not accusing the ones who stay in the shade too much of WHITE PRIVALAGE bloody idiot's.

Sarcasm aside I believe the motivation is good if not correct in this case.

We need to teach children morality, right from wrong, justice vs injustice and so that is correct and laudable but that is as far as it should go and enforced social engineering is simply wrong, it is a minority enforcing there will over the majority and often not for the greater good but for the good of the minority whom are doing that enforcing.

edit on 23-10-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I must be the only one who recalls the old saying - When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

That doesn't mean you become Roman, it just means you take on the ways of the Romans to adjust to their culture and country. No one ever said you had to give up your own ways at the same time. Most immigrants don't, and then their descendants often hang on to traditions here and there. That's why the US has so much regional flavor and variety.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

hahahaha

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I remember being a kid renting video games at blockbuster, hell I think even some of the grocery stores had video rentals hahaha but uh yeah there was a barbie game always on the shelf never rented, and I always thought to myself

WHAT A WASTE OF 3 MEGABYTES

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Let me say, the Barbie movie telling the story of the Swan Princess was pretty good. And the Rapunzel one had great music!

But the Tinker Bell movies have Barbie beat.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ha, not a Barbie household, both my daughters find dolls as a whole to be very boring toys (though my older one used to collect Monster High dolls for their aesthetics)

I'm honestly not that surprised Mattel has turned to groveling in this manner, they'll do anything to keep on top of the toys list.

originally posted by: dantanna
ive had 3 friends i have known since damn well grade school tell me this year, all of a sudden, they realized im 'racist'

im sick of this nonsense.

ive seen books saying, how not to be racist.

who are they marketting those books to?

no one i know is racist, because im a normal person, and i make friends with nice people.

and i posted this on social media.

-
your friends are not racist. not many people are racist.
so stop telling people not to be racist, because in reality, the only people 'following' you on social media, UNLESS you are a celebrity, are your friends.
if you think so low of your friends, you need to preach to them?

GTFOOH

Wait a minute, wait a minute, back up the bus.

I may have you mixed up with someone else, but I could have sworn you're one of our biracial posters. How the ever-loving # did your "friends" pony up the gall to call you racist??

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Let me say, the Barbie movie telling the story of the Swan Princess was pretty good. And the Rapunzel one had great music!

But the Tinker Bell movies have Barbie beat.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It serves certain people to have black people angry and resentful and completely debilitated by perpetual victimhood.

It is hardly a revelation, I know, but it seems to me that those on the so called left, the regressive progressives, have decided that an alliance of white liberals, disaffected black voters, grateful Latino immigrants (newly arrived and settled), can build a block that will ensure a permanent hold on the levers of power.

A mindset that agrees the "past is past", that everyone needs to move forward together, that sees all Americans united, that refuses to feed into this destructive narrative, that tries to empower black voters (in particular) will destroy that alliance.

So, they continually dripfeed this poison and keep people divided and distrustful.
edit on 8-2-2022 by Godabove09 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join