It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup in Damascus Followed by Media Blackout (unconfirmed)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Just thinking aloud here: is it feasible that these coup leaders could of orchestrated the Rafiki bombing knowing full well Assads reaction to the pressure would be removing of troops from Lebanon?

The only site that was reporting this whole thing is saying that assad did the assasination, but they also note that the Kahn faction of the coup is anti-withdrawl.

As noted anyway, it all seems to be bunk. The only bloggers anyone has contact with in syria are saying its not happening. THe news black out, if its occuring, is interesting, but I think everyone can agree that without further sources, and only one, vague and questionable source reporting it explicitly, then nothing can really be said.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
JoeDoaks
Assad was the one who ordered the pull out. What are you talking about? Chances are his replacement will want troops to return to Lebanon to prevent and Israeli/American invasion form using Lebanon as a staging point to attack Syria.

The whole reason this coup is happening is because Assad pulled troops out of Lebanon. Get the facts straight dude.

Has nothing to do with 'facts' (dude
).*see below

Assad still needs to go. He is an oligarch pandering to the west. If it takes conflict to fianlly free Lebanon then fine. If Assad were so 'great' why has it taken him YEARS to pull back?

Syria has systematically raped Lebanon and he has been in charge. assad.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Assad propaganda

Lebanese view point
Few in Lebanon's already precarious leadership, or the one in Damascus for that matter, had any clue as to what such behavior would lead to: a massive gathering on Monday whose magnitude arguably has not been seen in the Arab world since the days of Egypt's President Gamal Abdel Nasser. But who was it that reacted? Why did they react? What is different about them, and more importantly what do they want?

A little more on Syrian occupation:

some additional Lebanese views
The presence of Syrian soldiers and intelligence members (mukhabarat) in Beirut, at Syrian checkpoints and several official departments became daily occurrences for the Lebanese. By the year 2003, approximately 30,000 Syrian troops and 25,000 intelligence members were deployed in Lebanon (that is 1Syrian soldier for every 50 Lebanese). The Lebanese military personnel were forced to attend Syrian academies for their officer training in lieu of the US and West-European academies pre-Syrian occupation. The Syrian occupation forces depended on terrorizing the Lebanese people by searching out, arresting and abducting people for no particular reason; and subjecting them to torture and death. Some were transferred, in contrast with all international laws, to Syrian prisons such as Mazze, Palmyra and Tadmor in addition to the Syrian detention facilities in occupied Lebanon; in Tripoli, Beirut, Shtura and Anjar. Neither were public charges made against the accused, nor were trials held against the detainees. Meanwhile, the Syrian mukhabarat continued monitoring telephone conversations of Lebanese citizens, and recording visits to religious figures such as the Maronite Christians Patriarch, Nasrallah Sfier.

Default!Last week, a federal judge in Detroit ordered the Lebanese government to pay $420 million to American Telecom by default because it said Lebanon failed to respond to the suit.

(Syria in charge- what do the Syrians care)

*Syria is a stalinistic state ruled by the same kind of people that backed Saddam (Baathists). Anything that causes tension and the demise of that state should be encouraged. Whatever gets reported from Syria is either muzzled or distored if not by Syria then by the U.S. Until Lebanon is free of this monstrous presence it doesn't matter who orders what. Results matter- not 'stated intentions'

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thanks for taking this article which I found and posted hours before you sent it in to ATS news for your own benefit.

No U2U saying, hay SIRR1 can I post this story in the ATS news!
Or even a thanks to me the source of this news story.

May a leprechaun piss in your beer today!

Happy St. Patricks Day

SIRR1

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yikes.
I had thought it was strange that an atsnn article poped up too, especially considering how preliminary the reports were.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It does happen from time to time that an ATSNN thread covers the same topic as an ATS thread. The problem with this one is that they both use the exact same source, and coincidentaly there is no other source for this item.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Basically I think if they were really in tune with some great Godly power, they'd know like us over here for the most part, that war sucks and resolving problems without military might is a good thing, oh look out here comes the devil!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Yikes.
I had thought it was strange that an atsnn article poped up too, especially considering how preliminary the reports were.

So then this thread should be closed since the only news is that an ATSNN thread was created on dubious sources.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
So then this thread should be closed since the only news is that an ATSNN thread was created on dubious sources.

2nd the motion.
The author could edit the lead and place "PLEASE DELETE" in it. I mod should notice and take care of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please direct any further discussion to the original thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closing this thread. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join