It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China insists Genghis Khan exhibit not use words ‘Genghis Khan’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
China insists Genghis Khan exhibit not use words ‘Genghis Khan’

A French museum has postponed an exhibit about the Mongol emperor Genghis Khan citing interference by the Chinese government, which it accuses of trying to rewrite history.

The Château des ducs de Bretagne history museum in the western city of Nantes said it was putting the show about the fearsome 13th century leader on hold for over three years.

The museum’s director, Bertrand Guillet, said: “We made the decision to stop this production in the name of the human, scientific and ethical values that we defend.”

It said the Chinese authorities demanded that certain words, including “Genghis Khan,” “Empire” and “Mongol” be taken out of the show. Subsequently they asked for power over exhibition brochures, legends and maps.
www.theguardian.com...

Like Wow!! China..blatantly exporting their brand of misinformation to others, add a lil etho- racism for good measure, now the once proud French have to eat Crow because the Chinese sayz so and they got money to say whose your daddy??.
But history and politics collides all the time, for most of history is old politics.
edit on 15-10-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Tell them to do one?

I've been to museums, I've seen elaborate displays made with entirely fake artifacts. The uneducated would never tell the difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Temujin was Mongolian. The CCP can kiss my butt

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Tell them to do one?

I've been to museums, I've seen elaborate displays made with entirely fake artifacts. The uneducated would never tell the difference.

Yeah a lot of the stuff are repos for sure, the real thing probably in the basement, and I can't really expect the John Q public to notice these things on a Sunday trip, however, changing the title this historic figure had and the vast influence he have in history is absurd.
What's the alternative name Genghis the road runner??

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I know that the Chinese are a little sensitive to the fact that Genghis Khan conquered them, but come off it, this is utterly ridiculous. What's the museum going to do, relabel him "GK, Leader of the Ms, who created an E"?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why would France abide by what china thinks?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So, the French just gave up?

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

Future $ or fear of retaliation
For a country that was a 1st republic they sure lost their way

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Why would France abide by what china thinks?

Do you know how museums operate? They lend artifacts and share historical information.

The Chinese are trying to culturally appropriate Mongolian artifacts and history.

If I was the museums curator I'd organise a yearly reenactment of famous Chinese defeats to the horde just to piss em off.

I'd throw money at entertainment like that.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So they pulled a harry potter?

He who shall not be named....

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is something I could see happening here, in the States.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, the French just gave up?

There are some things that we can still count on happening, even in 2020.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
China is absolutely not the only country that has squashed history and historical research in the name of preserving a narrative.

Its only recently that Arabian states have begun to recognize (once again) their prior history.

Whats so frustrating about China is that it feels like Denisovan recoveries are stymied by their locked down nature.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
China is absolutely not the only country that has squashed history and historical research in the name of preserving a narrative.

Its only recently that Arabian states have begun to recognize (once again) their prior history.

Whats so frustrating about China is that it feels like Denisovan recoveries are stymied by their locked down nature.

Yeah I know the Saudis think anything pre Islamic is haram or necessary, but what's this thing about China and Denisovan finds??? could you elaborate a little.

(post by DBCowboy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Denisovan ranges were in the area known as asia now. We have found precious little of this species (what...a tooth and a finger bone?). I cannot help but believe that there are other denisovan sites in Chinese caves that just do not get excavated enough or communicated enough about.

I have nothing concrete. Only a belief based on the math of 1+1=2.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Since when is china able to dictate what the French do in their own museums, on French sovereign soil? It’s time the French order #16 with a side of extra cabbage, and hold china’s head under the blanket. Why not allow the chinese to join the UN human rights council, while you’re at it!?
Oh wait....

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Since when is china able to dictate what the French do in their own museums, on French sovereign soil? It’s time the French order #16 with a side of extra cabbage, and hold china’s head under the blanket. Why not allow the chinese to join the UN human rights council, while you’re at it!?
Oh wait....

If you want access to the treasures of China, you will bend your knee to the CCP.

As mentioned earlier, they could fake all the exhibits. It appears the French are doing even better: giving the middle finger and taking a stand.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Since they have more
Yuan
Yen
Dinar
Dollars
Pasos
Rupees
Pounds
Etc
Than the French.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Temujin was Mongolian. The CCP can kiss my butt

Exactly. Market it as Temujin of the Wolves and his Cultural Expansion Project - problem solved. A week in Nantes would be lovely if the museum would like to thank me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join