It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dexter is Making a Return to Showtime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Michael C. Hall will return as serial killer Dexter Morgan for a 10-episode limited series at Showtime, it was announced Wednesday. He will be reunited once again with showrunner Clyde Phillips, who will helm the new project.

Filming is expected to begin in early 2021, with Showtime eyeing a potential premiere in the fall.

“Dexter is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for Showtime, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago,” said Gary Levine, Co-President of Entertainment at Showtime Networks, in a statement. “We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world!”

www.etonline.com...

www.sho.com...

I absolutely loved this show and am excited for its return, even if only a limited capacity. Michael C. Hall will be reunited with Clyde Phillips, thd original show runner. Production is to start in early 2021 and a fall release date is targeted.

edit on 14-10-2020 by WeDemBoyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

My comp won't open the links. When is this set, before or after the finale?

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nice!!
My dark passenger will be pleased👍

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That is super exciting!

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The show started out great, but how are they going to get around all the horrible seasons and plots that came later in the series? I've never seen a show nosedive quite that bad before.
edit on 14-10-2020 by notquiteright because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Dexter as a show was ok... Jennifer Carpenter really sold me on that show.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
after one of the coolest cliff hangers of all time, that show seriously jumped the hurricane.

im not sure they can fix it.

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Dexter as a show was ok... Jennifer Carpenter really sold me on that show.

SURPRISE MOTHER.....

She was my fav character too, along with Noakes of course.

Loved this show, yes it did nose dive a bit, but it didn't stop me loving it. This is great news 👌🏼😊

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
Not for those easily offended by Doakes:

posted on Oct, 14 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Doaks was great, so was John Lithgow and Dexters brother, the ice truck killer.

Not sure where they will pick it up, they did the foreshadowing thing in the show already.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Excellent. Can't wait, although I'm still sad from the final episode because he lost Deb.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Not for those easily offended by Doakes:

Lolz 😂

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Doaks was great, so was John Lithgow and Dexters brother, the ice truck killer.

Not sure where they will pick it up, they did the foreshadowing thing in the show already.

Of course Doaks, Nokes was from The Thing 👍🏼

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Eric King played Doakes, Keith David played Childs.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Eric King played Doakes, Keith David played Childs.

Thanks 👍🏼There was a character called Nokes though right? Regardless of race I mean

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There was a Nauls and Fuchs in The Thing, maybe you're mixing them up.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

New info, not much, but it answers your question.

There are now some signs of what Dexter season 9's plot will loosely be about. According to a report from THR, the new season will take place 10 years after season 8's finale. It will continue Dexter's story after he went missing during Hurricane Laura and started a new life as a lumberjack in Oregon. More specifically, the report notes that season 9 will see Dexter "now living under an assumed name in a world away from Miami."

This tease of how Dexter season 9 will continue Dexter Morgan's story could be quite revealing. For starters, it is now confirmed that Dexter has yet to be found by the government and continues to evade capture. But, the tease that he's in a "world away from Miami" could be telling too. This could reference Dexter continuing to live his life quietly in Oregon or some other remote corner of America. However, it's worth remembering that Dexter's son, Harrison, and love interest Hannah McKay (Yvonne Strahovski) fled to Argentina at the end of the series. Perhaps he has reunited with them during the last 10 years.

However Dexter season 9 plays out, there will undoubtedly be great interest in seeing a "second finale" for the show. Phillips previously said that what comes next won't retcon anything that came before or feature twists like it all being a dream, so it will be fascinating to see how he goes about improving Dexter's ending. The revival won't manage to erase the latter rough seasons, but if season 9 does deliver a worthwhile conclusion, it could soften the response to them. In any case, more information on Dexter season 9 is sure to arrive in the next several months and could clarify the direction the show will take.

screenrant.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I watched the new season. I enjoyed it. Good to see Clancy Brown too.

new topics

top topics

join