It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could all of the extra gold in the universe point to extraterrestrials?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There's a lot of gold in the universe and Scientist are baffled as to why.

SCIENTISTS DAZED AND CONFUSED BY EXTRAORDINARY AMOUNT OF GOLD IN THE UNIVERSE

They say if you spread out all the gold ever mined from the Earth in all of history, it would only cover a football field 18 inches deep.

Now when you wrap you mind around that image, it doesn't seem like very much, especially when you digest the fact that the solar system is literally brimming with gold but scientists can't quite figure out where all this hard-to-make metal is being created.

Although relatively scarce and difficult to unearth here on our Big Blue Marble, gold is apparently abundant in the general universe. The intense alchemy required to make the lustrous element, with its unique recipe of 79 protons and 118 neutrons binding together in a violent act of nuclear fusion to form a single atomic nucleus, makes its widespread occurrence a puzzling affair.

Those rare actions of cosmic transformation can't account for the proliferation of gold on Earth and out in heavens. But the question of exactly where does the valuable metal originate is something that has researchers scratching their collective heads. Even a new paper published Sept. 15 in The Astrophysical Journal, which includes the common hypothesis that it comes from collisions between neutron stars, can't support the facts of gold's major presence.

www.syfy.com...

In a way it lines up with what Erich Von Daniken and Zecharia Sitchin has been saying for years. They say extraterrestrials care about gold and other precious metals. Why wouldn't they, we do? Daniken wrote a book called The Gold of the gods.

Erich von Däniken, whose books have enthralled millions of readers around the world, now presents astonishing new confirmation for his revolutionary theories. Erich von Däniken's The Gold of the gods unveils new evidence of an intergalactic "battle of the gods." He explores a vast, mysterious underworld of Ecuador—caves filled with gold and writings in solid gold that go back to the time of the Great Flood, bolstering von Däniken's theory of a prehistoric earthly "era of the gods."

www.amazon.com...

Now, I don't agree with Daniken's and Sitchin's assertions that these extraterrestrials are the God of the Bible.

I believe that God is outside of time and space and fined tuned the universe that allows us to exist in this universe. I think Godel's Incompleteness Theorems and Ontological Proof shows that God necessarily exists in or for us to have contingent existence in the body not in the Spirit. The Bible tells us that God's Word holds together creation.

Colossians 1:17

He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

The Incompleteness Theorems say:

First incompleteness theorem

Any consistent formal system F within which a certain amount of elementary arithmetic can be carried out is incomplete; i.e., there are statements of the language of F which can neither be proved nor disproved in F.

Second incompleteness theorem

For any consistent system F within which a certain amount of elementary arithmetic can be carried out, the consistency of F cannot be proved in F itself.

I just think these theorems are so profound.

In other words, there has to be something outside of a system that can't be described by arithmetic within the system itself. So you can draw a circle around a car and there are statements about the car that can't be proven within the car itself.

I can say, the transmission is almost gone.

I can't prove this. I have to go outside of the car and a mechanic can say, your transmission isn't that bad and I can get it working like new. This can also extend to abstract statements like.:

The steering wheel is soft.

That can't be proven because someone else can drive the car and say the steering wheel is too hard. This is why Godel was a Platonist. He believed things like goodness or hardness had a necessary existence outside of the physical. So goodness exist in it's purest form outside of the physical and we as contingent beings can't experience goodness in it's fullness but only in a limited way like getting accepted to college or contributing to charity. We can experience the fullness of good through God in the Spirit not by the works in the physical. Hawking recognized that Godel meant the end of his quest for a theory of everything. He did a talk called, Godel and the End of Physics.

yclept.ucdavis.edu...

The article ends this way:

"The paper contains references to 341 other publications, which is about three times as many references as typical papers in The Astrophysical Journal these days," Roederer added. "Pulling all that data together in a useful way amounts to a Herculean effort. Something out there that scientists don't know about must be making gold."

This would make sense because you can have extraterrestrial civilizations making all of this gold to power some of their technology. We use gold for all kinds of things:

Gold is the perfect commodity. Resistant to rust and corrosion, gold is the world’s most reliable and durable electrical conductor, essential for computer electronics and satellite communications technologies.

Medicine - In cancer treatment, radioactive gold isotope particles are set in tissues and used as a source of radiation. Aurothioglucose injections help in dealing with rheumatoid arthritis. Gold is also applied in life-support devices and some forms of medical diagnosis.

Computers - Laptops, desktop computers, mobile phones and other electronic gadgets all have gold components. These devices require precise and quick information transmission. Computers need a good conductor, and no other metal does it as well as gold. Nickel and other metals are alloyed for increased strength.

Electronics - Because gold is such an efficient conductor, it is widely used in electronics. Solid state electronics are susceptible to tarnish and corrosion, but gold can transmit the currents without risk of corrosion. It can be found in connection strips, connecting wires, soldered joints and relay contacts.

Space Technology – Gold is used by NASA in their space shuttles. The metal is used in circuitry as a connector and conductor. Gold layered polyester film is applied in spacecraft helping with temperature stabilisation and infrared radiation reflection.

www.straterra.co.nz...

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Somehow I don't see gold as a suitable alloy for a deep space exploring civilization, they must have found out other and better stealthier means to operate their craft and hide from any other space traveling detecting civilizations?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is not my intention to diminish your post in the least. For me gold seems worthless. I can't eat it and historically it never healed the sick.

I don't go with Sitchen or Von danikan either but the question still stands. Why has gold always been valuable?

At the local Mason's lodge I heard a man speak, who said that an ounce of gold in AD 1 would buy you a fine suit of clothes, a fine pair of shoes, a nice meal, and it will buy the same for you today. Then we all got nekked in an old refrigerator box and things get fuzzy after that.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

In the history of the universe there were huge galactic battles fueled by treasure laden and bounty hungry space pirates which all blew eachother to kingdom come and spread the stuff all over the place in one final Big Bang.

Aren't we lucky?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If the aliens were all that concerned about scavenging the Earth for gold, they did a lousy job of it, considering I can go out into my local Sierra Mountains (particularly the Eastern Sierras) and with a lot of pluck and luck come up with a mother lode full of gold to add to the piles of gold we already have sitting around in museums and vaults.

But hey, maybe before the Ancient Aliens showed up there were mountains of gold just sitting around for the taking. But if not, they sure missed a lot of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
no its believed that gold is created when 2 neutron stars collide. We obsereved one recently and through observation determined it reeased enough gold to make an earth sized ball. Imagine that a gold planet

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I think there may be huge amounts of gold in the cores of most planets.

It would make sense. Long ago when things were molten, it would have sunk to the bottom and stayed there.

edit on 5-10-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

I think there may be huge amounts of gold in the cores of most planets.

It would make sense. Long ago when things were molten, it would have sunk to the bottom and stayed there.

Your right in fact there is a theory that the collision that created the moon also brought the heavier elements to the surface. In other words without the moon we may not have even discovered gold it would have been buried to deep in the earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Now all we got to do is figure out how to crack some planets open.

There is something very special about that yellow metal.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

there's nothing here but worthless gold

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why is gold valuable to us? Well, it's relatively rare. It doesn't rust. And it's a very good conductor. It's soft and malleable, but it's very heavy--not really a good building material. It's value is cultural. In ancient Egypt they valued silver just as valuable as gold. So why would gold indicate aliens?

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Imagine it raining down diamonds? Jeez, why mine the moon when you could just scoop up some of these babies. Hey Elon, you awake? lol!

www.bbc.com...

Then again, I'd prefer Gold. Besides Diamonds being rare and used for cutting tools, I don't really see value in them. Gold has worthwhile properties that we see and use in every day electronics. This computer I'm typing on now, thanks to Gold.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Big star makes gold as it dies.

Runs out of energy and the power goes off.

All that star stuff collapses inwards under its own weight until it is all falling in very, very fast.

When it all collides in the centre, big, still hot, dead star goes boom!

Gold and other heavy stuff goes everywhere, and

A little nugget core wobbles off through deep space...

edit on 5/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I think the heavier elements such as gold are only produced in the likes of a supernova.

So possibly points to more supernova rather than aliens.

Unless of course, they are making stars go nova for the minerals.

But if you had that tech i canny imagine gold would be a priority or of much importance.
edit on 5-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
But if you had that tech i canny imagine gold would be a priority or of much importance.

Yeah, that's the deal. Even us clever monkeys on Earth have transmuted mercury into gold for decades now. It's yield is small for the energy invested, but if you have the power to travel between stars maybe energy isn't hard for you to come up with. So any reasonably advanced alien civilization could just stay home and make all the gold they want. And that means no need to Sitchin us up here in Earth fiddling with our DNA so we could mine gold better.

Although maybe that's why there could be an overabundance of gold. Alien civilizations have been manufacturing it for aeons.
edit on 5-10-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They say if you spread out all the gold ever mined from the Earth in all of history, it would only cover a football field 18 inches deep.

57,600 square feet football field
2592 cubic inches per foot if 18 inches deep.
One cubic inch of gold converted to ounce (troy) equals to 10.16 oz.

That is a lot of ounces of gold and i mined only a couple pounds over the years as a hard rock gold miner.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Funny that in the links provided they don't say or show what they consider to be "huge amounts of gold " that cant be accounted for being created. Whatamount of gold mass do they consider to be "huge"

Put another way "because I find a piece of ambergris on the beach" it may be the mystical manna of the bible.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ambergris has historically been used in food and drink. A serving of eggs and ambergris was reportedly King Charles II of England's favorite dish.[13] A recipe for Rum Shrub liqueur from the mid 19th century called for a thread of ambergris to be added to rum, almonds, cloves, cassi

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Apparently, there is rather a lot of gold alleged to reside in a third secret vault in the Padma Temple in India.

Don't ken how many/much football fields it would cover all the same.

But there has probably been more of the stuff mined than we realize if we have been around longer than we think on the planet i suppose.

edit on 5-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

join