It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aston Villa 7 (SEVEN)- Liverpool 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The team that looked certain for relegation from the Premier league last season have just thumped last seasons runaway Premier League winners 7-2 , 2020 strikes again !

As a Villa fan I'm in shock , the last few years have been painful with relegation looming year on year but tonight a little ray of hope has been sparked in my heart.

Go on the Villa !!!!!

7-2.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Insane afternoon

I didn’t think it could get any crazier after the Spurs win....then Liverpool getting beat like that.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Unprecedented times mate , Klopp's heaviest defeat as a manager according to the BBC and Villa's highest score since 2013.

Nice to see Man U lose too.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Don't get to excited, these are freak results. Last week Leicester beat Man City 2-5 at The Etiad.

Today Leicester lost 0-3 at home to West Ham.

I think having the lack of atmosphere because of no fans in the ground is the cause of these strange results.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Congrats Villa.

Make Premier League Great Again.

(I know what you feel now) hahaha.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think Dean Smith has made some good signings and hope this season won't be another nail biter but while we're 2nd in the league I'm going to enjoy the Sun while it's shining , it's a marathon not a sprint.

I long for the days of mid table mediocrity to return to Villa park , any more than that is a bonus.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Liverpools defending has got to be because of joe biden or the democrats hasn't it

did not realise you were a midlander, lets hope for a premier league of more results like this, and somehow for the bookies to take a hammering
edit on 4-10-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Liverpools defending has got to be because of joe biden or the democrats hasn't it

Biden forced them to have such a high defensive line because it makes voter fraud easier

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

lol, biden infected Mane silly

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

lol, biden infected Mane silly

And kick Allison so hard he had to take some time out

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
9 goals in 8 minutes of highlights , 7 great goals and 2 lucky shots.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Nooooo. I was so excited to watch this game later. 😂 Spoilers, people.

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I miss the singing of the crowd!!

The canned crowd noises are really bad! I would rather hear the players chatter than fake noises.

But that is all spots!! I really missed a in hockey. Le Tour kind of worked. It is nice to see fans at Indy races. The BPL should let the holigans in!! LOL!

Good stuff today!!

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Don't get to excited, these are freak results. Last week Leicester beat Man City 2-5 at The Etiad.

Today Leicester lost 0-3 at home to West Ham.

The backwards numbers are freaking me out here lol

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I long for the days of mid table mediocrity to return to Villa park , any more than that is a bonus.

Nah, don't be like that!

I don't know much about football, i am an ice hockey freak. But i watched Premier league on Saturdays, in the nineties, with my grandpa. If i remember right, it was "mid table mediocrity" for Aston Villa then also... But didn't Leicester come out of nowhere a few years ago and surprised everyone? If it was possible for Leicester, it has to be possible for Aston Villa. 7-2 huh? i remember a sports broadcast a year or two ago where they said that Liverpool won the champions league... And now this? Beatings like this are not common even in ice hockey.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Liverpool's high defensive line was their downfall.
When you play a high line like that you have got to press the ball, i.e. chase after the opposition when they have it.

Thats what Mane does so well when he plays. We defend from the front, our strikers.
Mane has the corona virus so he wasn't playing last night.

And conceding the first goal like we did, Adrian's mistake, is a body blow to the defense. They start to lose faith in their goalkeeper. But Villa got in behind us so easily, its a risky way to defend, the high defensive line. Villa had us sussed.
We havnt been the same since the loss to Watford back in January, our invincibility is gone.

I dont believe results like this and the other weird results, are due to there being no crowds there. I reckon itys because of the way the game is played now, defending from the front. So many keeper errors, defender errors. Wing backs pissing up and down the wings. The game is much more attack orientated now.

I think games like this, hopefully never again for us, are here to stay

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Props to Villa but what a weird game. Did you watch it? Genuinely thought we were much the better team in the first half but went in 4-1 down......and still thought we may get a result. Second half was an abomination though and i gave up and put Top Gear on!

Still, could do us good in the long run. Forgotten what it was like to lose an important match!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I don't have Sky so was following it on BBC sport but I saw the highlights, to be fair Liverpool had the majority of possession according to the stats but it seems Villa had all the luck....for a change.

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Fair play to Villa. Spent a lot last summer and just about hung in there. Spent a lot again this summer and it seems to have worked wonders - the team looks like a proper Premier League team now.

I'm glad as Villa are a proper club, they should definitely be a top tier team. Now we just have to beat you 7-1 at Anfield later in the season!

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was rubbing it in earlier yesterday when UTD got battered, instant karma! I never expected Villa to do that to us, they looked amazing, and we were so bad! I dunno what the hell happened to us ...

<<   2 >>

join