It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any of you all hearing "stay safe" as like a normal good bye now?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I know this is incredibly trivial, and borderline if not petty on my part... But is anyone else hearing an odd amount of "stay safe"

I don't know why, but I personally hate it. Small talk has always been a pet peeve of mine, and while I'm sure it comes from a place of mostly well intentions from people who say it... It just feels weird to me, and it's hard for me to respond to.

Like, how do I stay safe? When you are telling me to stay safe, does that mean you think I'm about to do something unsafe? Or when you say it, does that mean you just cast magic upon me to keep me safe?

Anyways, have you all been hearing this? And if you don't think it's a big deal or find it sweet, feel free to roast me.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Stay safe?

I stay strapped.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Where did the Stay Safe craze start? I have heard a few people saying this lately. Probably something said on the news or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's one of those covid brain washing phrases that shows up on signs outside businesses, along the road, on bus stops, on the news, on TV, on youtube, pretty much everywhere covid messaging exists. Right up there with, 'new normal', 'social distancing', 'essential workers' and all these other phrases nobody used prior to 6 months ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When someone tells me "stay safe" i tell them "Drive fast and take lots of chances".

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Where did the Stay Safe craze start? I have heard a few people saying this lately. Probably something said on the news or something.

Maybe people feel warm and fuzzy when corporations run ads with the stay safe sentiment, and BS like "we got your back"... Lol.

It seems too panderish to me.

I'm going to start telling people to stay sane. I feel that is more pertinent and helpful as far as advise goes in times like this.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've always used it when regarding weather. Living in what used to be part of tornado alley, it wasn't uncommon for freak storms to catch people by surprise or driving through a developing storm.

Don't really use it much anymore, but for me it was when the other person would be dealing with things outside of their control. Kind of like keep your head about or on or whatever rendition is used today.

Or when dealing with health or if the person is in a bad place and I can't talk them through it.
edit on 9/23/2020 by Nivhk because: Remembered as I posted

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I am one that says it, though I use to say it pre-pandemic. When I say it, I am just reminfing the person to watch their back. To many mental cases out there willing to do harm to others. Now, it is even more meaningful with the wacked out liberals screaming yo burn down America. So, stay safe, keep your eyes open and aware of your surroundings.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Moranimus

I am one that says it, though I use to say it pre-pandemic.

To be fair, I'm self aware of how petty I'm being. In all reality, it's hardly different than any other thing we say without thinking before parting ways with people.

Now, it is even more meaningful with the wacked out liberals screaming yo burn down America. So, stay safe, keep your eyes open and aware of your surroundings.

I mean... I try to be cognizant of my surroundings in general, and while there's certainly lunatics from every ideology including lack there of any whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, it’s the ‘new norm’.

It aggravates the sh!t out of me as well.

As if the stupid comment magically protects you from the common Wu-flu.

Effin’ idiots.

Thanks for verbalizing my ‘pre-existing’ irritations.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

No different than

Be well,
stay healthy
good luck

etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

No different than

Be well,
stay healthy
good luck

etc.

But I don't hate those....

Just kidding, I'm being petty, it wasn't even rant worthy, just general chit chat

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

safe af.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: rickymouse

Maybe people feel warm and fuzzy when corporations run ads with the stay safe sentiment, and BS like "we got your back"... Lol.

It seems too panderish to me.

I'm going to start telling people to stay sane. I feel that is more pertinent and helpful as far as advise goes in times like this.

Too late, half the country has already gone insane. I used to believe that conspiracy sites were a little overboard, now that is where you find sane people. The Media and fearmongers are nuts, this is just a virus, sure it kills people, so does viral pneumonia and the flu. So do cars and drugs. And do doctor mistakes and side effects from Meds. I know more people who died from direct and indirect reactions to meds than anything else.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Like, how do I stay safe? When you are telling me to stay safe, does that mean you think I'm about to do something unsafe? Or when you say it, does that mean you just cast magic upon me to keep me safe?

Could be lots of things.

Maybe they see you and think, Man, this guy is an accident waiting to happen. Hope he doesn't do something stupid while I'm around. "You stay safe, there, buddy." now leave

Maybe they are insurance agents. "Stay Safe!" So we don't have to pay any claims.

Maybe they're budding lawyers. "Stay Safe." There, I've absolved myself of any legal liability for whatever happens to this guy. I tried to warn him.

Maybe you're in a rough neighborhood.

Maybe they know your wife and your girlfriend.

Lots of reasons.

Personally, I'll stick to "Have Fun." If you can do that and be safe, fine. If not, that's cool with me, too. If it doesn't affect my money or free time, do whatever you want.

Next time someone tells you to stay safe, just say, "No, thank you."

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Stay safe; get rid of your politicians!

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

stay healthy

hahaha, how often do you say that to a friend just leaving....????

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Bruh.... Did you just post a 9gag image in my thread?

Not cool.

Just kidding, Im just jealous of where that dude is in life with a collection like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Maybe they see you and think, Man, this guy is an accident waiting to happen. Hope he doesn't do something stupid while I'm around. "You stay safe, there, buddy." now leave

If that was the case, I couldn't say they're wrong.

I like to think I at least have myself put together enough to give the facade I'm not a walking accident factory, but I've only seen things through my eyes in my life, so I could be completely wrong on that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join