It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gale Sayers dead at 77

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
heavy.com...

Chicago Bears Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers died Monday at the age of 77. Played with the Bears in the 60's and was a fan favorite. May he rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

My Godfather's nephew Brian Piccolo played with him. I met him on several occasions and he was a great guy.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Brian's song! Yeah I read the book and saw the movie. It still gets me a little bit every time I see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That's the one. My Uncle Ralph (that's what I called him despite that he would have been as old as my grandfather) had a shrine/wall of fame in his pizzeria to Brian and plenty of the photos had Gayle in them. Whenever he was in the New York City area he'd stop in and being that I lived around the corner got to stop in whenever he as there. My father's cousin also played for the Bears just before Sayers showed up.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's great stuff. I was too young to see them play but my father would always tell me about good ol 40. I'd love to see that shrine to Brian Piccolo too.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
That's great stuff. I was too young to see them play but my father would always tell me about good ol 40. I'd love to see that shrine to Brian Piccolo too.

I'm too young to have seen either of them play other than in highlights. The shire is sadly gone, he sold his place about 10 years ago when he was 80 and having owned it for 50 years.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Search up articles about Gayle Sayers and Brian Piccolo. Both were extraordinary men - in general, and as friends to each other.

Rest in Peace Kansas Comet!

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Da Bears.

That is about what it comes down to. One of the best kick off/punt returners you can see where other greats copied their moves (like musicians!! Gayle was a Jimi type!! Look at Earl Campbell footage and compare the hips).

Shame to lose such an icon.

May your mind rest easy, champ!!

top topics

join