It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just breaking... I guess we all expected this to happen soon?

Conspiracies aside, hope she was with her family.

www.npr.org...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Days before she died, she dictated to her grand daughter: “My most fervent wish is that I not be replaced until a new President is installed.”

Leaving aside her word choice of “installed,” I want to say- what a loser. She knows she is going to be dead real soon, and instead of her wish being to have blessed her family and friends, or to have not hurt too many people, her “most fervent wish” is to continue to play the stupid sh!t games of politics. Wow. What a waste.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It is in bad taste to rejoice in her death.

Not saying that OP is doing that, but I'm seeing people online doing that.

RIP to Justice Ginsberg. Condolences to her friends and family.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

I don't think ppl rejoice her death. That would be classless.

There are, however, many ppl (myself included) who prefer non activist, constitutionalist justices. That is what they rejoice.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Please don’t mistake my calling her a loser as rejoicing in her death. I do not (nor do I know anyone who would, and I know some sh!tty people). I feel sorry for her, because she is having to meet her maker and account for all the power and potential she was given and how she may or may not have used it for good.

I find it incredibly sad and telling that to her last minutes, she was playing into the political divide of this country, as if that is the important thing in life.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh God...do I have to post everything I say in two threads now?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Just breaking... I guess we all expected this to happen soon?

Conspiracies aside, hope she was with her family.

www.npr.org...

President Trump was notified 2 weeks ago. That's why he released (to the disbelief of MSM/Dems) the updated SCOTUS appointment short list at that time.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No one should speak ill of the dead; and Ginsburg was an Icon worthy of respect whether you agree with her ideology or not. Personally I've always been luck warm on her; agreeing with many of her positions but not all.

But I have to admit I am not pleased with her actions of late ... if she knew she was on deaths door she should have done the right thing and step down when her successor could have been picked in a more orderly manner. Her final act will only serves to harm this country as we desend further into toxic decisiveness over the next two months.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Please don’t mistake my calling her a loser as rejoicing in her death. I do not (nor do I know anyone who would, and I know some sh!tty people). I feel sorry for her, because she is having to meet her maker and account for all the power and potential she was given and how she may or may not have used it for good.

I find it incredibly sad and telling that to her last minutes, she was playing into the political divide of this country, as if that is the important thing in life.

I was not referring to you. I'm watching a lot of different places with live chats going. Lots of people making light of it. I just think that is bad juju to do that about anyone's death.

If the person is truly loathsome, I'll just keep my mouth shut about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

She has been dead for 2+ years.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't think anyone is surprised, she has had many visits to the hospital as of late, but funny that we didn't hear a word that she was on her death bed, not a peep from anyone. Don't you find that odd?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

If that really was her dying wish then

A. I hope Trump appoints someone on Monday and Senate fast tracks them on Tuesday

B. It goes to show that lifetime appointments to the SCOTUS is something that REALLY needs to be looked at, and corrected.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I was not referring to you. I'm watching a lot of different places with live chats going. Lots of people making light of it. I just think that is bad juju to do that about anyone's death.

If the person is truly loathsome, I'll just keep my mouth shut about it.

That probably is the best thing to do. You’re a better gal than me, for sure. 😕

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

I don't think anyone is surprised, she has had many visits to the hospital as of late, but funny that we didn't hear a word that she was on her death bed, not a peep from anyone. Don't you find that odd?

Not really they have been hiding her health condition for 2 years. I expected it to happen out of the blue so to speak. Politics caused her to hide her condition. It was only a year ago she was denying her cancer had returned. Obviously we know that is false now. You do know this helps Trump in reelection as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nice words from President Bill Clinton, regarding the death of his SCOTUS appointee Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Bill's Tweet: twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Oh God...do I have to post everything I say in two threads now?

lol, like thats never happened before
maybe even 3 or 4 threads, best post of today

condolences to her family

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hard as it is to believe, we’re about to see new heights of acrimony and partisanship. Could it have come at a worse time for Trump? I’m not sure. If anything could stimulate support for Biden, this might be it. Liberals will be truly terrified by the prospect of another Trump appointee. It would mean a conservative majority for decades perhaps. I expect Dems to delay until after the election in the hope that Biden gets elected. Sorry if I’m being too obvious; just thinking out loud.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ding dong the witch is dead.
Just one more to kill.. um I mean die.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

She was a disgusting partisan hack till the end.

S.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You weren't supposed to die until you could make sure that your ideology would be continued by your successor but now you dying at this time, you just give that damned Orange Buffoon mo'powah.

Think of the agenda!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join