It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QAnon site shutters after reports identifying developer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm a bit surprised this four days old news hasn't been posted yet.

I'm neutral in the whole QAnon debacle. Having said that, just out of curiosity, I have followed Dashen's Q threads and I have the QMap app on my phone. A few days ago I had loads of notifications about new drops, but the app is completely empty of contents. So, I did a search and came across this article.

For me it will be a relief to not have to go crazy trying to decipher the hieroglyphical writing in those drops.

Does Dashen have any insight into this? Is this the end of Q? Is a new Q++ going to come out of the woodwork and continue the circus?

The Hill article

One of the largest websites peddling conspiracies related to the rising QAnon movement was shut down after a fact-checking group discovered a New Jersey man behind the site.

On Thursday, fact-checking site Logically.ai published a report alleging it discovered Jason Gelinas of Berkeley Heights as the "sole developer and mouthpiece" of Qmap.pub.

Bloomberg found, according to New Jersey state records, that QAppAnon traces back to Gelinas's home address.

When reached outside his home, Gelinas declined to comment about the Logically report, adding, "I'm not going to comment on any of that. I'm not going to get involved. I want to stay out of it."

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It's just a Q post aggregator .
It was a very useful resource.
It's gone now because the operator was doxxed.

Q is actually doxxing antifa firebug arsonists at the moment

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Qmap.pub is down but other Q archive sites are still up. Qmap was not Q. Just someone who compiled all of Q's post.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Qanon.pub and several others are operating just fine

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It is so confusing I was getting my Qs all mixed up.

Any other good or new aggregator apps on the horizon?

edit on 16-9-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

As above.

Qanon.pub is working okay

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Great Awakening

Or: How it all began. Something Awful, remember that?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

I'm neutral in the whole QAnon debacle. Having said that, just out of curiosity, I have followed Dashen's Q threads and I have the QMap app on my phone.

lol, sure sounds neutral, how would you describe someone who is more of a follower of Q, what would they be doing different?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I'm neutral in the whole QAnon debacle. Having said that, just out of curiosity, I have followed Dashen's Q threads and I have the QMap app on my phone.

lol, sure sounds neutral, how would you describe someone who is more of a follower of Q, what would they be doing different?

I think most neutral people would look at both sides of a thing.... or not know anything about the subject at all, The first option being preferable.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Taking it more seriously, promoting the movement, etc.

I don't take it seriously, or at least, with a big pinch of salt. I'm just naturally curious and trying to walk down both sides of the road is my way of deciding which is sunnier.

edit on 16-9-2020 by Encia22 because: Misread the question.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I think most neutral people would look at both sides of a thing.... or not know anything about the subject at all, The first option being preferable.

Only neutral people who want to be in the know.

The simplest most informative method would be to start reading the Q thread within this forum.

Start with yesterday's Q posts and discussions...and read forward through today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If it's not their cup of tea, that's fine.

edit on 9/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Q....who?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

A picture is worth a thousand words.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

More disinformation. The Media doesn't want to understand Q and they don't want any more of the public to follow Q. But it's too late because Q is an international phenomenon and there has never been anything like it.

Here's a search I did in YT for WWG1WGA vids, note the countries, it's AMAZING!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: abeverage

A picture is worth a thousand words.

This!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your post says all there is to know about Q. Awesome!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey real question. What does the Q stand for in QAnon?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Q

is / was a play on the Star Trek character who seemed to have Supernatural abilities....

Q
Fictional Character
Q
Q is a fictional character as well as the name of a race in Star Trek appearing in the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager series, and in related media. The most familiar Q is portrayed by John de Lancie. He is an extra-dimensional being of unknown ori…
Wikipedia iconWikipedia

see: www.bing.com... 27+on+star+trek&sc=2-30&qs=n&sk=&cvid=98156c6dadae42f8b73847685bbe4753

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Allegedly it represents Q clearance which is the highest clearance you can get generally it is issued by the department of energy and it gives you access to nuclear secrets and much much more

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Not exactly. Q is "Q Group" that Snowden was a part of when he was with BAH in Hawaii for the NSA. Its not just a clearance but also a team of people. Remember Admiral Rogers met with Trump immediately after he was Elected to spill the beans on everyone that tried to # him over. Ever since 2017 we had QAnon. Back to Q clearance, it is only used by the Department of Energy as far as I know. I dont think these quips and thought fragments are being published by members of the Department of Energy. Thus I believe it is more likely Q Group.

Thx
-d

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

More disinformation. The Media doesn't want to understand Q and they don't want any more of the public to follow Q. But it's too late because Q is an international phenomenon and there has never been anything like it.

Here's a search I did in YT for WWG1WGA vids, note the countries, it's AMAZING!

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for doing that search. It is interesting, but, without watching all those videos, I wonder how many are Americans living outside of the US and do they discuss Q's agenda in relation to the countries they're posting from?

I'm in Italy and the Q movement is hardly known and talked about here. Obviously, our national problems and conspiracies are easily shoehorned into the Q propaganda machine in the cases where the issues are mutual and cross borders. So, Q has not taken root here as such, but it is lightly merged with similar, pre-existing movements... typically small and largely insignificant.

I can't speak for other countries, however, I found an article that examines the Q following in some European countries, including the UK. I'm still reading through it and other local sources, but it may be of interest to others.

Newsguard Special Report: QAnon in Europe

While global QAnon conspiracies are still typically US-centric in nature and spread by pro-Trump social media accounts, we are witnessing the adaptation of these theories into EU-centered ⁠— or even local ⁠— narratives, where they merge with pre-existing conspiracies and groups. In this report, we look at these trends in France, Italy, Germany, and the UK.

Some Q drops are easy to read and understand; other juicier posts are probably too complex, riddled and encoded, making their translation into foreign languages meaningless for non-English speakers, and I think there lies the rub for Q to really take root outside of the USA.

edit on 16-9-2020 by Encia22 because: Just tinkering

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join