It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New dinosaur species named 'eternal sleeper' found in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

Here's another discovery related to the mysterious dinosaurs.

Farmers discovered skeletal remains of two dinosaurs in China.

A pair of dinosaurs were sleeping in burrows some 125 million years ago when a nearby volcano erupted, sending lava down the valley and trapping them in an underground grave.

Researchers found the two were laying on the ground with their eyes closed, as if they died in their sleep.

Markings on their hip bones suggest they burrowed, leading experts to believe they were sleeping underground when the eruption occurred.

The dinosaurs were about three feet in length when alive and each had long, flexible tails, along with the ability to walk upright on its hind legs.

The creatures also had had shovel-shaped snouts, which would have helped with digging swiftly and efficiently.

The neck and forearm were short but strong, and its shoulder blades resembled those of modern burrowing animals.

Full body analysis can be found here: A new basal ornithopod dinosaur from the Lower Cretaceous of China

The area is also covered with debris from an ancient volcanic eruption, along with fossils of other creatures that got in its way.

Fossils found suggest that dinosaurs are closely related to birds.

What do you think, ATS?

Are we told the truth about when dinosaurs existed and went extinct?

Did they really exist a long time ago or much earlier?

Will technolo gical advancements finally reveal what's been hidden from us?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

"..with their eyes closed, as if they died in their sleep." Those are skeletons, how would they know they had their eyes closed?

-MM

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting thread!

Dailymail writes:

Researchers found the two were laying on the ground with their eyes closed, as if they died in their sleep.

I question this, there is no word about eyes closed in the original report, just a sleeping posture. How would they see that from the bones? My answer: It's added by the newspaper for some drama so better look at the original report than the newspaper article.

Add: MerkabaMeditation was faster

edit on 16.9.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Dino made in China? Hmmm...how can anyone be sure that this is real not another chinese fake?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Pshhh. Garbage
Dinosaurs aren't real these are all plants. The earth is only 6000 years old.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Are we told the truth about when dinosaurs existed and went extinct?
Did they really exist a long time ago or much earlier?

It all depends on the source, whether it's trustworthy or not
My older brother told me that there were places in Australia that still had dinosaurs.
In Kindergarten I brought one of my plastic dinos to school for show and tell. I described how the duck bill walked around in the water eating water plants.

Then the teacher asked me if dinosaurs were extinct. So I told her there were still some in Australia. She said no, somebody must be giving me some bad information.

top topics

join