It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A great addition to ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
But I know it won't happen. I have seen it suggested before:

The ability to down vote posts, like Reddit has.

I can't tell you how nice it would be to do that, to have a way to respond without words, because this place is an echo chamber, on both sides. It seems that engaging in a discussion can't happen with far too many people, because those people are not comfortable listening to voices that don't say the same things they are saying.

I didn't put this in the rant forum, because I am not really ranting. It's just sad. We cannot have any kind of unity when we spew our beliefs then stick our fingers in our proverbial "ears" and refuse to listen to others.

Listening is a virtue that is becoming far too rare.
edit on 15-9-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
But I know it won't happen. I have seen it suggested before:

The ability to down vote posts, like Reddit has.

I can't tell you how nice it would be to do that, to have a way to respond without words, because this place is an echo chamber, on both sides. It seems that engaging in a discussion can't happen with far too many people, because those people are not comfortable listening to voices that don't say the same things they are saying.

I didn't put this in the rant forum, because I am not really ranting. It's just sad. We cannot have any kind of unity when we spew our beliefs then stick our fingers in our proverbial "ears" and refuse to listen to others.

Listening is a virtue that is becoming far too rare.

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I've mentioned this before and everyone bitched.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I just gave you a negative star

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I didn't start browsing Reddit till a few months ago, and I really enjoy that feature. Though I realize some people use it as a form of "punishment". I don't arbitrarily use it, but to each their own.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I would not like to see ATS turned into reddit.

ATS is a wonderful entity all to itself.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I say go for it. Downvoting allows forum gangs to deligitimize comments and certain points of view.

It would run off what little opposition to right wing groupthink there is on this forum. The transformation to the borg will be complete.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That is a feature that did exist previously for a short time in the mid 2000's . It went away the same time as anonymous posting i believe, which was right after Obama's election.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That would be ok. But then we would be the next Bot target for leftist propaganda. If ATS had a certain volume of ussers they would move to censor just like Google and Facebook.

I think it really doesn't matter. As you can still vote positive as an indicator.
edit on 15-9-2020 by Doctor Smith because: added

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The problem is that there are so many conflicting ideas on ATS that ALL viewpoints are minority views.
Therefore all posts will end up having negative scores.
What exactly is the advantage supposed to be?

edit on 15-9-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's too insulting and that's not what ATS is all about 😃

Don't like something then comment instead of hiding in a corner 😃

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The owners say they don't see ATS lasting the year, and you're concerned about features?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
...I don't see us lasting the year under the current circumstances.

More and more ad networks are deciding not to run ads on sites with comments. Our entire site is comments.
!

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Like worldstarcountry said, that possibility existed for a short time, but was removed because it was used to attack people instead of posts.

What happened was that the groups that we now see flocking to star posts from people that share their opinion flocked to give negative stars to posts of people that were on their "black list", and we ended up with threads with only the opening post, many negative stars and no answers.

As this is supposed to be a discussion forum and the discussion part was being ignored that feature was removed.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Ok, I’m not exactly internet savvy... so I don’t know if I’m replying in the right place, or not.

I’m just simply posting to enquire on whether there’s a button I can press to down vote this thread?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I say go for it. Downvoting allows forum gangs to deligitimize comments and certain points of view.

It would run off what little opposition to right wing groupthink there is on this forum. The transformation to the borg will be complete.

Your first sentence essentially describes the entirety of the agenda playing out on the wider internet hive mind and in the streets of liberal cities across the country.

Silence is violence, why aren't you in the streets fighting for justice comrade?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
People would abuse that just like they abuse the mud pit. There are enough problems on this site without that.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I disagree. Not allowing downvotes forces those who disagree to explain themselves and spark conversation.

If ATS had a downvote, I would have downvoted and moved on from your thread. The lack of such things forced me to instead respond and participate in this discussion forum.
edit on 16/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

If it ain't fixed don't break it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join