It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The antiChrist- a few thoughts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

If we are in the end times and waiting for the antichrist...

He will be pretty and smart and will say everything you want to hear.
When there is a politician who brings peace and unites everyone...

That guy is evil.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
Greetings fellow members.
I am aware that this topic has been 'done to death'. I have no intention of suggesting or implying a candidacy for antichrist upon anyone. If that is something you wish to do, you are welcome to suggest and explain why.
What I wanted to do was try and look at the idea of antichrist' from a Judeo/Christian perspective.
That might sound incredibly strange, considering that Jews (mostly) do not accept Jesus as the promised Messiah.

But even if we step away from that, there is a certain amount of information by which the heralding of the Messiah can be found in the Hebrew scriptures.

The Jewish people (religious anyway,) hold to the view that Elijah the prophet will come to announce the forthcoming of the Messiah before He actually comes. This can be found in the book of Malachi (Chapters 3 & 4).
Christians hold this mantle of authority to have been John the Baptist.
As most Jews reject that, they are still awaiting the coming of Elijah the Prophet (or false prophet depending on your theology,) to prepare the way of the LORD and to prepare the hearts and minds of the people to return to their GOD.

It is this perspective I would like to discuss. The coming of Elijah who heralds the imminent arrival of Messiah.
What are the thoughts and perspectives on this from Jewish, Christian, religious and non religious alike in the scheme of forthcoming events?

From a Christian perspective, to my mind it seems many people are out there trying to identify the antichrist, when maybe they should be looking for the forerunner who stands in the place of Elijah and reveals the coming Messiah/'Messiah'.

Your thoughts and the ensuing conversation are welcome.

For those that haven’t been watching, who does the pope represent,

Question: who wasn’t allowed to attend this event that took place upstairs?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Are you Satan,the anti christ or a demon?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ive thought of several differing scenarios.

A) in the extreme, ublikely and god forbid, yet almodt sent by him if it actually were to be possible. There will be a really cool Dragon God an Dragon priest coming in Christs name, but instead enlightment an knowledge, he feeds the beast with human flesh, an the beast will just be marking it territory, establishing male dominance an screwing everything.

Where as the Dark Messiah sent by God will have to beat his name into the beasts head with a big ugly stick. Bashing an sending all hss adversary an minions to some dark #hole.

B) The inevitable seperation of Church(or how about Christ) an State, for the state is blasphemous, for it is without God, an rejects his majesty.

C) Antifa/BLM want to be early Judeo Christians who orignally were blamed an persecuted. All for starting the fires of Rome, where it was rumored to be Niro, a facist/despot who ended being over thrown. All the while, later, the ones who rejected the Man, became the Man. Just like Metalica, and burning cds.

D) Aliens...
edit on 13-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Are you Satan,the anti christ or a demon?
a reply to: TheSkunk

No. I am a born again, Spirit filled believer in Jesus Christ, Yeshua the Messiah.
I endeavor to be a disciple.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
My personal view as a Christian, is that the anti-Christ or a version of him always exist, that Satan is not all-knowing, he doesn’t know when the end is.

So there is always a human, prepared for that moment. He knows the signs, but not the exact time, its my view that is why the world has a history of monstrous charismatic leaders. Its not a single person, but many through out history who if the moment is right could be the anti-Christ.

Biblically only God knows the time of the end, Not even the messiah. SO to me it makes sense that we or even Satan himself doesn’t know who will be the anti-Christ, he has many prepared just in case for the right moment.

that is a fascinating and unique concept, to me

just as God always has people standing by (as He told Elijah when the Baal worship was going on), it makes sense that the enemy (the imitator) has people standing by.
interesting how often in the past people like Hitler (and certain popes!) were considered by some to be the antiChrist.

thanks for sharing that.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

In what sort of twisted world is creating peace an act of evil? Abrahamic religion has always twisted morals around. Things like love and peace are considered evil, yet it's perfectly justified to go around killing people in the name of their god. Freedom of speech and thought are forbidden, yet owning women as property and having slaves is fine. You cannot be yourself, you have to be a sheep.

It reminds me of the passage in the bible that says the broad path leads to damnation, but the narrow path leads to salvation. It seems to me that blindly following religion, and fitting in with all the other sheep is as broad as it gets. The narrow path is rejecting the dogma and twisted ideology, and thinking for yourself. We are fortunate to live in a time where religion no longer has absolute rule over our lives. Where we are not property, and can be ourselves. We can love another consenting adult despite their gender.

On the downside, this has created a massive vacuum that has been filled by other ideologies, some just as dangerous, others more so. We have the leftist Marxist BLM/Antifa/SJW cult, which has terrifying parallels with another far-left ideology from the 1930's. Yet again, the masses are flocking to them just like what happened in 1930's Germany, what happened with the old religions. Because it's the easy road. Because it makes them look good, and makes them feel safe from the inevitable oppression that is coming. There is only one acronym to describe those type of people, and that is NPC's.

As for the original point, I do not believe there is an anti-christ. Religion was created to control us all, and to legitimise the brutal oppression of the leaders. They created a bogey man all-seeing, all-knowing god that tells them what to do. Making everyone afraid of even their own errant thoughts. Current events are not new, they are the same things that have been happening since forever. We have had an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity, but now the golden age is at an end, current events do seem apocalyptic in comparison. In reality, it is business as usual. War, death, famine, pestilence, oppression. That is the human condition.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

In what sort of twisted world is creating peace an act of evil? Abrahamic religion has always twisted morals around. Things like love and peace are considered evil, yet it's perfectly justified to go around killing people in the name of their god. Freedom of speech and thought are forbidden, yet owning women as property and having slaves is fine. You cannot be yourself, you have to be a sheep.

"Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah." Lev 19:18

“You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt." Ex 22:21

"Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone." Rom 12:18

antiChrist will TALK peace but he won't practice it.

It reminds me of the passage in the bible that says the broad path leads to damnation, but the narrow path leads to salvation. It seems to me that blindly following religion, and fitting in with all the other sheep is as broad as it gets. The narrow path is rejecting the dogma and twisted ideology, and thinking for yourself. We are fortunate to live in a time where religion no longer has absolute rule over our lives. Where we are not property, and can be ourselves. We can love another consenting adult despite their gender.

sin is our nature. the sinners are the sheep. it takes courage and discipline to control ones self and live a moral life.
it's not about dogma or religion, its about a relationship with the Creator, and following His guidelines.

On the downside, this has created a massive vacuum that has been filled by other ideologies, some just as dangerous, others more so. We have the leftist Marxist BLM/Antifa/SJW cult, which has terrifying parallels with another far-left ideology from the 1930's. Yet again, the masses are flocking to them just like what happened in 1930's Germany, what happened with the old religions. Because it's the easy road. Because it makes them look good, and makes them feel safe from the inevitable oppression that is coming. There is only one acronym to describe those type of people, and that is NPC's.

As for the original point, I do not believe there is an anti-christ. Religion was created to control us all, and to legitimise the brutal oppression of the leaders. They created a bogey man all-seeing, all-knowing god that tells them what to do. Making everyone afraid of even their own errant thoughts. Current events are not new, they are the same things that have been happening since forever. We have had an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity, but now the golden age is at an end, current events do seem apocalyptic in comparison. In reality, it is business as usual. War, death, famine, pestilence, oppression. That is the human condition.

we had peace and prosperity when our (Western) society attempted to live by Christian values. Often more in theory than in practice, but we have had Christianity as our moral foundation in the West for centuries. We only need to look at Stalinist Russia or Nazi Germany to see what anti-Christian societies can be.

please don't be hard on Christianity because of a few bad Christians (who might not have been real Christians at all).
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Your thoughts and the ensuing conversation are welcome

I do not understand why so many people will use the NT scriptures out of context.

John_1:19-22 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

In order for Elis [Elijah] to appear as he once was in the flesh, He would have to be reincarnated. There is nothing in our scriptures that teach reincarnation or even hints upon reincarnation. The scriptures plainly teach that as one ascends into the celestal realm that one will have a total change of substance. Flesh and blood cannot enter the celestial realm. Now in order to return again as flesh and blood would entail that person to be reincarnated. Jesus taught that a person will only die in the flesh once. Reincarnation would require more than one death in the flesh and this would apply to all flesh regardless of how they would die.

John was stating that one would come in the spirit or likeness of Elijah just as many others before him have come in the same spirit. Billy Graham came to us in the spirit of Christ but he was not Christ. In the above scriptures of John it is as plain as day that reincarnation was not the intent of John's message. Now in the same mindset we can see that an Anti Christ is similar in understanding. There were and still are many Anti Christs and they also appear in the likeness of the Anti Christ's before them.

Satan's are all spiritual and there are many Satan's both in captivity and upon this earth. Anti Christs are all of flesh and blood and there are many Anti Christs. There are orders of power in both Satan's and Anti Christs and within this structure
the most powerful are the leaders. Returning to Elijah [Elias], Elijah has perished from flesh and blood and is believed to be in the kingdom of heaven. Jesus taught that Elijah has already returned but the people of that day could not understand that the Spirit of Elijah had already served the purpose of declaring the day of the Lord is at hand. This was the awakening call to the world and that is why Jesus said Elijah has already come.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Moses said to GOD, "Please show me Your glory". GOD said He would put him in a cleft in a rock and cover him as He passed by, because no man me see Him and live.
In the twinkling of an eye, Moses finds himself standing on the mount of transfiguration and beholding the person of Jesus in all His glory.
Elijah was carried away in a chariot of fire. Is it feasible he made a stop on the mount of transfiguration before returning to the realms of eternity where time has no meaning?
Is Elijah dead? Is Enoch dead? It is appointed once for all men to die. So far as I'm aware, they aren't dead. They are in the midst of a current of time that to me looks like thousands of years but to them is the blink of an eye. They haven't died yet. But they will.
Elisha carried Elijah's mantle. In fact, he had a double portion. So why aren't the Jews waiting for Elisha to return? Elisha is dead. Elijah isn't. Moses represented the law and the righteous requirements of GOD for man to draw near to Him. Elijah represented the cry of repentance for people to turn from themselves and their own gods and seek the true GOD. Enoch represented a life of personal communion and relationship with GOD on this earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Is Elijah dead? Is Enoch dead? It is appointed once for all men to die. So far as I'm aware, they aren't dead. They are in the midst of a current of time that to me looks like thousands of years but to them is the blink of an eye. They haven't died yet. But they will.

Good point that I truly have not the whole answer. Are you suggesting that both Enoch and Elijah are caught up in a time frame of some sort just as Lazarus was also in Limbo? That is very interesting. The reason I ponder on this is that in reading the Luke account of Lazarus, I assumed he was dead till i realized that Lazarus could not have died in our understanding of death. When Lazarus was assumed dead, was he truly dead? Lazarus was not in Sheol and he was not in heaven because in death we are judged and the sentence would be either hell or heaven. In other words you can't be in hell or heaven without being judged.

The scriptures tell us that flesh and blood cannot enter heaven and that Elijah was carried up to heaven in a whirlwind. I assumed that in order for Elijah to be in heaven that he was judged and that he had to have had substance change. But now I have doubts that I am correct. Elijah could be in Limbo just as you have said. I will give that more thought and thank you for the insight.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

In what sort of twisted world is creating peace an act of evil?

The one that we live in.

posted on Oct, 3 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i honestly believe all this transgender rubbish has something to do with the anti christ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join