It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The antiChrist- a few thoughts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Greetings fellow members.
I am aware that this topic has been 'done to death'. I have no intention of suggesting or implying a candidacy for antichrist upon anyone. If that is something you wish to do, you are welcome to suggest and explain why.
What I wanted to do was try and look at the idea of antichrist' from a Judeo/Christian perspective.
That might sound incredibly strange, considering that Jews (mostly) do not accept Jesus as the promised Messiah.

But even if we step away from that, there is a certain amount of information by which the heralding of the Messiah can be found in the Hebrew scriptures.

The Jewish people (religious anyway,) hold to the view that Elijah the prophet will come to announce the forthcoming of the Messiah before He actually comes. This can be found in the book of Malachi (Chapters 3 & 4).
Christians hold this mantle of authority to have been John the Baptist.
As most Jews reject that, they are still awaiting the coming of Elijah the Prophet (or false prophet depending on your theology,) to prepare the way of the LORD and to prepare the hearts and minds of the people to return to their GOD.

It is this perspective I would like to discuss. The coming of Elijah who heralds the imminent arrival of Messiah.
What are the thoughts and perspectives on this from Jewish, Christian, religious and non religious alike in the scheme of forthcoming events?

From a Christian perspective, to my mind it seems many people are out there trying to identify the antichrist, when maybe they should be looking for the forerunner who stands in the place of Elijah and reveals the coming Messiah/'Messiah'.

Your thoughts and the ensuing conversation are welcome.

edit on 12-9-2020 by Lucius Driftwood because: incomplete thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My personal view as a Christian, is that the anti-Christ or a version of him always exist, that Satan is not all-knowing, he doesn’t know when the end is.

So there is always a human, prepared for that moment. He knows the signs, but not the exact time, its my view that is why the world has a history of monstrous charismatic leaders. Its not a single person, but many through out history who if the moment is right could be the anti-Christ.

Biblically only God knows the time of the end, Not even the messiah. SO to me it makes sense that we or even Satan himself doesn’t know who will be the anti-Christ, he has many prepared just in case for the right moment.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thank you benrl for your thoughts and observations.
I look forward to the potential directions and boundaries in this conversation.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
My personal view as a Christian, is that the anti-Christ or a version of him always exist, that Satan is not all-knowing, he doesn’t know when the end is.

So there is always a human, prepared for that moment. He knows the signs, but not the exact time, its my view that is why the world has a history of monstrous charismatic leaders. Its not a single person, but many through out history who if the moment is right could be the anti-Christ.

Biblically only God knows the time of the end, Not even the messiah. SO to me it makes sense that we or even Satan himself doesn’t know who will be the anti-Christ, he has many prepared just in case for the right moment.

Yup, this. If only the Father knows, not even the son, then Satan certainly doesn't know.

He's always prepared, but must wait to be allowed.

Also, watching for the new temple intrigues me much more than any particular person.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperStudChuck

I’ve heard it said, the Middle East is the clock that indicates the end, Israel is the minute hand, the Temple Mount is the the seconds.

When you see the Temple Mount being prepped the time is short.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't subscribe necessarily to the idea of there coming on the scene a specific capital "A" Antichrist in the form of one human. The spirit of antichrist a spirit that resists and denies the sovereign lordship of Creator God.

However, of we ever see any single entity approaching the nature of a "capital A Antichrist," I think that it will be an artificial intelligence construct.

Throughout history mankind has made its own idols, invented its gods in the images they wanted. Until now, this image have been dumb and mute in themselves - though often imbued with an evil spiritual reality. Now, we have the technology to create an idol - a god - that will be able to speak to us.

This will be our undoing at our own hands.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We must remember that Christianity source is Jewish as well, and pre-christ era Jewish writings do add value to the conversation.

They have interesting views on the Mashiach. The Jews also had prohibitions against calculating or knowing the date, which Christianity views as Palm Sunday. With the removal of Enoch from Torah cannon, it makes me lean toward a conspiracy in the Jewish religion against Christ.

A refusal to admit, and a purposeful removal and blinding to things that reveal him as such (again biblically sound that the jewish people are purposefully blinded to fulfill the time of the gentiles, backed up in scripture of the OT about the blessing of the jewish would bless the gentiles as well)

a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Were would the Human race be without a God and The Devil he made ?
Ill tell you right ware we are at But we would not be claiming a God wants us to destroy other country's .

Anti Christ is Just someone who does not believe In Christ as the son of a GOD every jew is Antichrist Every Muslim .
every budist every person who thinks the chick with 8 arms is a Goddess . Every person who think cows are holy ( lol ??? )

Christians make up less then a 3rd or all religions on the planet . Muslims have the biggest following .

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Jesus will come in he's fathers name. The antichrist will come in he's own name.

It is not going to be hard for people of faith to know who is who.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
When you see the Temple Mount being prepped the time is short.

When we see the Temple Mount being successfully prepped the time will indeed be short!

Say that because of the failed past efforts. Maybe next time will be THE time, who knows. When the exact location of the Holy of Holies is conclusively identified (either by a recognized prophet or 666 himself), and the Third Temple dedication ceremony is in process, then it's real.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps there will not be an Anti-Christ .

Did it ever occur to anyone that Lucifer was Gods favored Angel, perhaps God is waiting for Lucifer to return to the Light of the Lord?

Maybe all those Jewish Mystics didnt have a clue what they were talking about ?

edit on 12-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Can't say it ever really occurred to me. If, as a Christian we choose to take the new testament seriously, it becomes evident that the death of Jesus was to atone for the sins of 'adams race', or human beings, to redeem and save them.

In Matt 25:41 in one of His parables, Jesus refers to the sheep and the goats and says "Depart from Me, ye accursed, into everlasting fire PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS."
So with that regard, there is no place for redemption, forgiveness or salvation for angels, as they are not the seed of Adam.

Did it occur to me that perhaps there will not be an anti-Christ?
(shrug). Guess that makes sense if there was no Christ to begin with.
'Anti' in this respect does not mean 'against', but 'in place of'. Christ is 'Messiah' or 'Anointed One'.
AntiChrist literally defined would be 'he who stands in the place of the anointed one'.
A deceiver.

Suppose all of this is fantasy. The whole religion thing is a lie.
People all over the world are fearful of what they see coming upon the world. Pandemics, wars, famines, social unrest.

Africa is in a place of starvation, its land becoming increasing desert. And yet, if the people's, governments, nations of the world, the UN, the WHO etc, truly cared and wanted to, desalination plants could be built up and down the coast of Africa, water pumped across the land, crops grown and people fed.
But it doesn't happen. It is feasible to create this utopian world that is being spoken of from some voices. But certain people don't want it. Why is that?
If there are more of 'us' than there are of 'them', why don't 'we' stop them? Why do we allow ourselves to be governed by fear and ruled by sociopaths?
Is it feasible that the world is waiting for an individual who will claim to speak for the under dog, to stand up for the oppressed, bring about all the innovative ideas that we sense will create a fair and just world that we can all share?

Nations, empires and kingdoms have always had leaders. Is it wrong to believe that at this stage of our history, people realise these are global issues and need a global leader rather than leaders?
What would one person in charge of the world look like? Can you conceive it? How close to being GOD must that feel like?
What are the potential risks of letting one person govern the world, with a 'committee' beneath him that hold some power over the nations but ultimately answer to him?

Just some of my thoughts...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Jesus will come in he's fathers name. The antichrist will come in he's own name.

It is not going to be hard for people of faith to know who is who.

Sorry but I think it will be very hard for the believers to concern wo will be good or bad. Let me tell you why.
The way this world goes at the moment reminds me very much of Revelations. I am not a believer but I did read the bible.
In Revelation it is clear that the Serpent in the sky is the good guy.
It comes and tries to save mankind after god had ordered humans to stop meeting, stop commerce, music, dancing and arts [everything that makes us human and may lead to happiness]. It must have been a dreary, horrible time for people.
If they didn't obey, it was eternal torture. Kind of what Karens ask for me to endure because I don't wear a mask.
Reminds me a bit of the eternal lockdown we are now experiencing.

Hero in this scenario: The serpent

Next:
Now lets look at the old testament. Again, god in full power over naked humans. Who are so dumb, they just frolick and do silly things and I think god likes it that way. Like goldfish in a bowl.
He made them far more capable [apaprently], but he doesn't want humans to be capable. Instead of just leaving them in blissful stupidity, he tells them 'not to think of a pink elephant', sorry I mean not to eat the forbidden fruit ['why hello, there is a forbidden fruit?, Let's check it out' - totally predictable human behaviour]. Why, is he coaxing them?
Well some snake this time, gives humans a bit of dignity back by treating them like adults. Tells them that this is the tree of knowledge and that eating the fruit will open their eyes. Kind of giving them the exact choice between the blue and the red pill. Stupid and naked? Or clever but taking responsibility and seeing the world for what it is.
The humans obviously eat the fruit. Anyone with intelligence will always chose knowledge over being a couple of barbie and kens in a barbie Garden for amusement.

Hero in this scenario: The Snake.

Nowhere in the world are serpents or snakes seen as evil, apart from abrahamic religions. Others worship them as keepers of knowledge and wisdom. I mean it seems obvious. Nowadays people are banned and cancelled and censored if they tell the truth that the oppressors don't want to come out. I know how the snake feels.

AFAIK, we are right now in an oppressive cycle again and if I go by history, we need a snake or a serpent NOW to save us [yet again]. If you asked me, the good guy is the serpent, the oppressor is god.

So if god's son came back [I don't have anything against him, seems a nice enough chap, not like his ever angry dad], will he help humans or will he peddle his dad's [NWO] plan?

I will go with whoever treats us like adults, doesn't lie constantly, doesn't slander the other side by always finding something bad about them [no need if you are so perfect], doesn't ban or cancel etc. I won't go by names or by labels given by christians, I will go by who has our best interests at heart and stops humans drifting into another horrible existence as mindless drones.

Hope he saves us soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

An interesting slightly different idea that could work as far I can tell.
So by this being the case it would make sense that there are generations
on this planet. That are some how born loyal to Satan. Minions of the dark
side. Maybe even the devils own. And maybe some he rejects because they just
can't control themselves to be of use to him.

You know the ones who just can't contain themselves long enough to be of much use?

edit on 12-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You have to remember that revelations is really about the once who dont have faith. These peopel will have a problem to see who is who. And there are many who don't kown about God. Because they have been fighting the word all the time. ATS members is profe of that....

As the prophet state let the once who have wisdom and understanding count the number of the beast. But there is more to this that actually mean a lot to all of us, and that is what the rest of the verse say: 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Even the people who beleive will fall because they will take the number of the beast and worship the image of the beast.

Many of you will takle the number of the beast and will worship the image of the beast beacuse it will save your life.

Society will do as ordered to because it will be the new law. And people are groomed to do as they are told to. Because they are being paied to do the job.

#ing hell the US would never have attacked Irak if all the soldiers fallowed their own moral compass. The irak war was based on a lie....... And non of you care... That is insane...

You people wil do the moste evil if your are being told to by authority. That is proven by history.

To your defence it is approved by God. God said: He put it in your hart to forfill his word. The evil we will do is also being staged by God because God will put it in our hart to do evil.

All taht we will experiance will be done by us humans. We will do all this evil upon our selves. By our own laws.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It would seems to me that the antichrist is the archetypal smooth talking, virtue signaling, self serving sociopath.
The story of the fall of man, and the expulsion of satan from heaven seem all seem to have a similar message.
This kind of hubris kills empathy and the capacity to love, which is the cancer of civilization.
All the chaos and injustice in history has been caused by the nature of humans to be selfish and deceiving.
the nature of the antichrist, and those infected by evil, is the opposite of Christ in every respect.

It is only through realization and aspirations of Jesus, that a civilization can navigate the many great filters that either perpetuate cycles of 'dark ages' or lead to human extinction.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I've written in a different thread before, that there's only one persona and that is the messenger of God, which is alive and walking on this earth today and he is Elijah promised in the book of Malachi the prophet. In the future the same person will be the humanity's saviour, so two different functions in two different consecutive periods.

The statement that "John the Baptist is Elijah" in the "New Testament", is a complete fiction. The first mention of such untruth is found in Matthew 11:

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Is that all that NT has to offer to confirm his identity? Things require proof and big at that. That's why the israelites do not accept "Jesus" or "John the Baptist" as the prophesied personalities.

According to Malachi and other sources outside of the Bible, when today's God's messenger (Elijah) finishes his work on this earth now, afterwards the Great God will come and judge the nations, as written. Big big things are expected to happen.

The "Antichrist" or "Dajjal" as a concept is completely made up. What really happened in this case is that the forces of darkness on this planet in order to deceive humanity and ignore to the maximum Elijah (the messenger), decided to call this God's messenger the "Anti-christ". See the lie?!

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be crazy that if everything humans think they know about God is wrong , our hubris is spread throughout the bible in Psalms , epic poetry , ancient stories and folk tales reminding each generation of what we think we know of our Creator.

God created all Good and Evil , God over see's it all simultaneously. Which means God is neither Good nor Evil , God simply IS . God loved Lucifer more than anything in his creation , to think we know Gods heart and what he wishes of his favored Angel is pure hubris.

We know nothing
We are nothing
We are dust in the wind.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
“For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

An interesting possibility has been proposed by Joel Richardson.
Knowing the prophecies of Islam, Jesus is supposed to reappear at the end of days, with signs and wonders, and denounce Christianity and Judaism, and pronounce himself beneath the Mahdi.
This could fool some prominent Christians. But was all along a false prophet.

They point to the true enemy coming to our planet. (Had to have some Alien stuff for ATS) And thus Yeshua arrives and rules with a rod of iron, after dispatching the anti-christ and his false prophet.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

From what I have always gathered the Christian canon requires the Antichrist to subvert god in a clandestine manner.  One not apparent.

In other words it wouldn't be a Christopher Hitchins jackass. It wouldn't be the 'evil atheist' out to enforce godlessness or spread non-belief.

It would be a perversion of beliefs present.

It would achieve its subversion through a vector of god.

I don't think it would attack faith.  It would be more like an Adolf Hitler, the goosestepping of the newly damned would be to a Christian drummer. Much in the way an Iman may take liberties with Salam (Peace) and destroy the character of the followers with vitriolic militancy and warrior-like tenacity to purge the society of non-muslims.

- A non-christian
edit on 13-9-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join