It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two women charged with hate crimes after stealing child’s Make America Great Again hat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
To me, a hate crime law is rather ambiguous. While I understand the concept behind it, the application seems like many other laws to just be one more ''tag on'' charge to be used.

To me a ''tag on'' charge is a charge to add things to prosecute for. For instance, should a person come up to an ATM machine and find a card sitting in the slot and the screen saying would you like another transaction, if that person pushes the button that says yes and withdraws cash it's not just robbery they can be charged with. They can also be charged with Grand Theft, Electronic Theft and to boot Identity Theft all three of which carry their own load of penalties. All for only one action.

Hate crimes I suppose are for when there is no serious infractions of the law but brought about merely by hatred of a group. What else could offer a motive against these two women. I guess motive is needed to be proved as well as the actions taken. In this case it was simply hate, mixed with some sadly underdeveloped mental capacity. As far as I know there is no charge against underdeveloped mental capacity,,, yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
There is clear evidence that the two women committed a crime because of the kids beliefs. That is a clear hate crime. I personally dont believe in hate crimes. Crime is crime I just think it's funny the left pushed for hate crime laws and no those very laws are being used against them.

Those 2 losers should not be messi g with a 7 year old or his property and I think it's hilarious the usual max sentence for a hate crime is 10 years. So this all depends on the judges point of view.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I think the hate crime charge is ridiculous because I think hate crime enhancers are thought-crime and have no place in society.

I think these two are in enough trouble without hard felony charges like this.

It's known as "being foisted upon your own petard".

Justice should be blind and unbiased in the application of laws and sentencing. Isn't that what the BLM movement also wants?

If someone advocated for these laws then, they need to accept that these laws apply to them as well.

This is called learning a lesson and gaining valuable life experience. However, my prediction is the charges get negotiated down to a misdemeanor assault and battery charge. It will be useful as a precedent in future proceedings regarding political hate crimes from all sides.

But then, I am a dreamer, I guess I always was.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

I just think it's funny the left pushed for hate crime laws and no those very laws are being used against them.

Those laws are used against us all regardless of political belief.
The fact that people cheer it on when it happens to those they don't like is why these laws are never going away.

Doing this makes you no better then the ones that wrote and voted for these laws.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It was assault. No need to tag on anything more.

Hate crime is just a buzz word for the media to use. When people hear it they automatically judge the person guilty before any trial.

Un american in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

I just think it's funny the left pushed for hate crime laws and no those very laws are being used against them.

Those laws are used against us all regardless of political belief.
The fact that people cheer it on when it happens to those they don't like is why these laws are never going away.

Doing this makes you no better then the ones that wrote and voted for these laws.

But that is the crux these laws are usually not for everybody. They are meant to be and in this case they were, but they are normally used for white on black crimes or saying something about a muslim online etc.
The fact that they got charged with this means they are either white or someone was lucky to have a judge who isn't bias or woke.

That is why people are so amazed by it.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I would stand and defend them if they were alone in a mob of skin heads.

I'd sell tickets.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Any chance you can post a jump link. Would like to read full story and perhaps access other link in story. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Yeah, sorry. I was negligent for not doing that.

Here are two, one the ATS thread and two, the ''tweeted video itself''

www.abovetopsecret.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I was already aware of the incident. Was seeking a source from which quoted when you posted the information in OP.

Handled it myself.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

OH, damn, you're right. I really did flounder in my post there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join