It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media and work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My main recruiting tool is facebook. You dont think i dont receive an application and immediately check their profile before offering an interview?

Id be crazy.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I once had a boss who told me he only had a facebook page just in case employers went to look for it. He kept it completely sterile and only posted very safe and very seldom. He said not having one at all could be viewed as suspicious as well. I'm a manager myself, but I never look for employees social media. That's just sh###y. I know a lot who do though.

edit on 8-9-2020 by notquiteright because: Typo

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So what of us that have never had a Twitter or Facebook? Rare I know. I get you want to see who a person is. And I get some people are dumb enough to broadcast how dumb they are. That used to be what the interview was for. Plus a probationary few weeks/months when you start.

How many employers would look at no Facebook as a negative?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Yes my point exactly! I don't feel the urge to show and tell everything on a computer page. I mean if I was 12 again you can bet I'd have pages of G.I. Joe's and ninja turtles...but I'm an adult...theres really no need to show off and document, and tell everyone about everything. People that can reach me have my phone #. The fact this could be viewed as negative is strange to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Why is assessing public behavior wrong?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join