It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Ancient Indian Knowledge of the Solar System 10,000 years ago!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
What if there is no speed of light?
What if light is static and only matter has motion?
The dog does not wag its tail.
The tail is absolutely static and the Universe wags around it.
Relativity.

Matter is light at a standstill.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Considering they were using primitive tools, it's more likely there was an advanced precursor civilization responsible for those texts.

Even if you allow 5,000 years (remember - written in only 3500 years ago,) India was well into their Bronze Age even then.
And bronze production and use doesn't indicate "primitive tools" were used, as you earlier put it.

They had no special knowledge that would have had to have been given to them from someone else or from an oral tradition. They were innovative. That's been established.

Harte
edit on 9/4/2020 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

No its not. Dont know where you got this idea but they are very different.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Indians clearly state the Vedas, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharata are actually history, so they claim.

And this is just one Race, but it can’t be a one off because other races around the world have had similar knowledge.

Posting from a phone sorry if my posts look off
edit on 4-9-2020 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2020 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is part of the book of life. The langauge of maths holds the key to understanding these ancient teachings. The same numbers are found across our sacred books and embedded in ancient architecture and the maths of the universe..

excellent thread. Wish i had more time to contribute.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

Ancient races watched the sky they observed the changes. And by doing this they realized several things. Lets look at the ancient greeks they knew the earth was round. Easy enough to figure out when you watch a lunar eclipse. Using that same lunar elipse you can get the size of the moon. to do this all they needed was the size of the earth. Pythagoras realized measuring the different lengths of shadows cast by poles stuck vertically into the ground, at midday on the summer solstice, at different latitudes he could calculate the curve. Once you know this you can get its radius. Posidonius was a thinker he used the stars instead to get his total. he observed the bright star Canopus would lie very close to the horizon. However, when in Alexandria, in Egypt, he noted Canopus would ascend to some 7.5 degrees above the horizon.

Given that 7.5 degrees is 1/48th of a circle, he multiplied the distance from Rhodes to Alexandria by 48, and arrived at a value also of approximately 40,000km

So now that we figured out how bifg earth is we can figure out how big the moon is. once we know this we can calculate its distance fairly acurately because you dont need a telescope. On the sun however to caculate it distance we will because as the greeks figured out the sun is so distant that light strikes us parallel over the entire planet. So these little tricks we used on the moon dont work so well with the sun.

This is why the vedics and the greeks got it wrong they coudnt make the observations needed to determine anything about the sun.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

When was it really originally composed, it was not written until the writing system was invented and so was probably part of the Oral tradition, India is unique in the modern world in that the Oral Tradition still exists there to this day in spite of the arrival of writing system's.

A method of passing knowledge often encoded into poetic form that has lasted and served the human race of uncounted ages.

That said there are ancient bones that have been found with markings on them in Europe that are believed to be stone age observations by someone studying the heaven's there.

Some of the earliest civilizations arrived seemingly fully formed and only now are there theory's as to how they arose such as the Mesopotamian cultures whom had if anything even more accurate knowledge than the possibly later Indian cultures, gave us the base 12 system we still use for month's and hours to this day etc.

What if this knowledge is actually indicative of a far more more advanced civilization that may have existed before the end of the last ice age or even stem further back to before the last ice age even began (actually we are in the quaternary which is a series of ice ages so scientifically not the last ice age - we are still in it but rather the last Glacial Maximum as the glacial periods that come and go are called).

Like the legends of India the Mesopotamian culture claimed vast period of time and ancient god king's.

Later western scholars dismissed these beliefs as superstition but how do we explain precision cut drill holes and laser straight stone work in some of the hardest known types of stone which is attributed to primitive people shaping those hard stones with soft copper tool's such as ruins in Egypt among other places.

Simply our historians have it both very wrong at these distant epoch's and even more wrong at more distant epoch's.

Either humanity is very much older than even anthropologists claim or we are not the first HUMAN LIKE species to have existed and there may have been a great many such being's over time and they may have come in a wide variety of sizes, not giants to themselves perhaps but to us how would we view some of the beings that left some of these signs in the stone of the world.

(The stones shall cry out)

We use the term Vimana in reference to story's of ancient flying craft but the Indian's (Asians) are not only people to have such legend's and they are common among ancient people's such as the Mesopotamian's as well.

There are also possible ancient runways around the world, one in Turkey re-used by a modern runway that has used the ancient runway as the bedding for a new runway built over it and another in west Africa come to mind.

I do not agree with the mud flood theory but this is an interesting video at least were the Yundum airstrip is concerned.

It is easy to dismiss the Nazca Lines because most of them are definitely ceremonial and shaped like animal's and insects but there are many other sites in the world that are not so easily dismissed to they get ignored instead (and worse re-used by modern construction - something that seems' to be a time honoured tradition among humans were far more ancient and advanced stone work is often found beneath much more primitive stone work and the lazy historians then attribute the much older more advanced work to the less developed later cultures that cannibalized the sites).

India was not the only culture to have these beliefs in a more advanced ancient past and it was not the oldest though due to it's religious traditions much of that knowledge has survived orally to be transcribed into text and read by bewildered truth seekers today.

To my mind humanity has probably been cast back into the stone age at least once, maybe many times, survivors whom had been used to a culture, civilization, refined technology's found themselves having to survive while the artisans that once produced the tool's they had once used were long dead and so they had to resort to make do and use stone, bone, flint, obsidian and anything else they could get there hands on until they once again learned how to work metal's, first simply metal's hammered into shape, later ores smelted and refined to make harder more tough wearing tool's and weapon's.

We look back at cave men and see primitives when in fact maybe we are seeing innovative survivors having to relearn what they had lost long before.

Or children exploring a world that had already seen intelligent being's perhaps just like them but in a previous epoch, beings whose own time had passed only for them to be recreated (or come again into being) in the form of the human race.

thestrongdelusion.com...

edit on 4-9-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys

Indians clearly state the Vedas, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharata are actually history, so they claim.

And this is just one Race, but it can’t be a one off because other races around the world have had similar knowledge.

And Christians will tell you the world isn't even that old.
Now that we've got that out of the way, do you have a point?

Harte

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Of course dating techniques could be wrong, we take universal constants to be just that constant, radioactive decay is believed to be predictable and indeed our most accurate clock's use it as the basis of there time keeping but what if universal constants fluctuate under quantum variances that are outside of the realm of currently known physics?, could our dating be skewed and in fact our world be very young indeed?.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys

And Christians will tell you the world isn't even that old.
Now that we've got that out of the way, do you have a point?

Harte

Yes I have a point. The point is everything mentioned in this thread, all the "unsolved mysteries", the conspiracies' of old and new that brought us all here to this website to begin with has already been explained. Its been in front of us the whole time. It's the Bible.

Don't get me wrong I have never been a religious guy but I have thought about it. For a long time to be honest I have been leaning on the Ancient Alien theory. But that has a lot of issues, like the flood and what LABTECH767 posted about. To me it's obvious something was going on back then, and something wiped it out.

But as you say its longer than what the Christians say it could be right ? Not according to the Bible. Maybe someone or something has been hiding that information from us maybe god himself he seemed pretty pissed at them according to a few great flood traditions.

I can leave a link to the website that just a few days ago opened my eyes, it reconciled a lot of the questions I had. I found the video here a few days ago on ATS, so far I'm the only on who's posted on it lol www.mostholyplace.com...

Browse around the site a few if you don't want to invest 2 hours watching the video, its call "The Genesis Cad Model"

I believe if you watch that with a open mind and think about it logically like I tried to you will start to understand how we got to where we are today, while showing you how, where, when and even WHO gave these ancient civilizations their knowledge and what happened to them.

Here's the post on ATS that opened my eyeswww.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-9-2020 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

They also knew that nine was a very interesting number. Its the only number that if you multiply it by any number, the result added together comes to nine. Also twelve nines are a 108 which is also added together becomes nine. No other number does this, i thought it was interesting. As 108 is supposed to be a magic number in the Vedas.

edit on 5-9-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

30k years ago at a minimum

has the sub-continent India ever been considered the long-ago, lost landscape called Atlantis[?

India might have slammed into the Central Asia shoreline, creating the mistaken impression that the land (Atlantis) was breaking up from EQs & volcanos galore

technology some 50k years ahead of the neolithic cultures surrounding the India subcontinent (atlantis) may have been 'majick' to the stone age/ clovis culture which was our heritage...

the Hindu pantheon was copied by the babylon/greek/rome cultures....
beware the Blue Turban man-to-appear soon

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: galaga

30k years ago at a minimum

has the sub-continent India ever been considered the long-ago, lost landscape called Atlantis[?

India might have slammed into the Central Asia shoreline, creating the mistaken impression that the land (Atlantis) was breaking up from EQs & volcanos galore

technology some 50k years ahead of the neolithic cultures surrounding the India subcontinent (atlantis) may have been 'majick' to the stone age/ clovis culture which was our heritage...

At least 30,000 years for sure.

I think Atlantis is in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Look on Google earth. You will see a huge mountain range smack dab in the middle of the ocean. I think that is Atlantis. It sank.
edit on 5-9-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: deckdel

They also knew that nine was a very interesting number. Its the only number that if you multiply it by any number, the result added together comes to nine. Also twelve nines are a 108 which is also added together becomes nine. No other number does this, i thought it was interesting. As 108 is supposed to be a magic number in the Vedas.

9 is not that interesting. The property you mention stems from the same property for the number 3, which most people considered a "very interesting number," and not nine. Ever heard of the Trimurti?

More interesting to most cultures was the number 7.

But, yes, they could count. Even before the rise of the Indus Valley Civ.

Harte
edit on 9/5/2020 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

That is absolutely untrue.
Mesopotamian gods were in place and worshiped before Hinduism even existed.

Sumerian gods lived on a mountaintop.
Greek gods lived on a mountaintop.

Even the Babylonian and Greek cosmogonies and theogonies are very similar, with chaos brought into order and the sky mating with the Earth to engender the pantheons of the gods of both religions.

Hindu cosmogony is, of course, cyclical; and the theogony of Hinduism has the original gods unborn and eternal.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well if they also had Vimana i imagine their knowledge of our solar system was gleaned in a personal nature.

Because they seem to have known a thing or three about what we would call "Ion Thrusters" ta boot.
edit on 5-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well if they also had Vimana i imagine their knowledge of our solar system was gleaned in a personal nature.

Because they seem to have known a thing or three about what we would call "Ion Thrusters" ta boot.

Uh... ancient Hindu texts have never included any other planets than the ones visible to the naked eye. Just like everyone else at the time.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm sorry, where did i mention other planets? Do you mean additional planets?

Ancient Hindu texts do indeed mention Vimana nevermind a multitude of other alleged technologies that could be associated with rather a few modern warfare devices we yield ourselves in this day of age.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm sorry, where did i mention other planets? Do you mean additional planets?

Ancient Hindu texts do indeed mention Vimana nevermind a multitude of other alleged technologies that could be associated with rather a few modern warfare devices we yield ourselves in this day of age.

They do however it was no different then the greeks or romans. They saw them as flying chariots though the vedics do have some revisionist history occur.The Vaimanika Shastra describes these Vimanas what they dont tell you is it was written by one Pandit Subbaraya Shastry, who dictated it in 1918–1923. He supposedly channeled the information from ancient vedics.

So as you look at this you see he got his inspiration from airplanes and lets just say it wasnt ancient vedics.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The Pushpaka Vimana of the king Ravana would seem to be referenced long before 1918.

The ancient technologies these people had access to is self-evident when one considers the structures and temples carved out, or to be more precise into, the very rock of the mountains and hills.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join