It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Trueman with Internet Signal.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Those add on WIFI boosters DO work. Go to Amazon and look up the different kind and find one in your price range that has reviews. They come with good instructions too so you can easily set it up and create a name and password for each Wifi Booster you may purchase.

I use a directional wifi to send a signal to a location on my property I have set up a shop. It is about 150 ft from the Transmitter which goes in one of the ethernet ports on the switch/or modem.
wifi is better than having a cable hanging of your Ipad.....

originally posted by: Flatcoat
If she has ethernet use it and forget the wifi. A cabled connection will always be better.

edit on 1-9-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

If you are getting slow speeds over Ethernet, you need to check the device (her computer), the Ethernet cable, the router or switch the Ethernet cable is plugged into, then whatever that is plugged into... Basically in that order, until you have no more plugs to check.

You should not be getting slow speeds over Ethernet. Hard wire connections should ALWAYS be faster than wifi, unless you set a limit on link speed for that particular device.

If you're getting slow speeds over WiFi, you can use extenders, but they're not very good. You have to setup a second network, and there is a delay when your device jumps between networks.

Look for mesh wifi. It is the same concept as a router with range extenders, but the software is designed to handle device switching to the nearest beacon. Much more seamless than a standard router with extenders.
edit on 2-9-2020 by rounda because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join