It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Mask Hysteria Is Ridiculous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Do you really think wearing a mask matters one damn bit? You have to eat, you have to drink, brush your teeth and floss...If you think masks can keep the virus away you are delusional. Do you think the virus is like Passover, if you are wearing a mask your first born will be saved? Do you think people that don't wear masks are responsible for the virus spreading? The people wearing masks are invincible and if they get it, it was because someone without a mask gave it to them? OMFG! People are so dumb.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Do you also believe that condoms don't work?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I dislike them because they give me rashes but I won't deny that it helps spreading droplets. Yes the masks do not filter particles as small as COVID-19 but they help stopping the droplet that contain them, from spreading too far.

I am very critical of how this all unfolded and still unfolds but what you wrote is not very scientific, more like dumb (using your own logic)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Just imagine you're an astronaut and the mask is your helmet. Move in slow-mo when you're outside to enhance the experience.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

In Melbourne, a class action has started to challenge all the ridiculous and over bearing mandates. As the politicians force down their poorly though out and illegal mandates while avoiding any questions on it, the courts are picking up these issues and a strong case is building to strike it all down.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Who originally got the mask hysteria started? Had to be the news!
I bet someone is loving the boost in mask sales.
I still have been fortunate not to wear a mask not one time and only know a handfull of people after all this time who have gotten Covid-19.

One girl I see at work occassionally says the worst of her Covid lasted two days.
Another long time aquaintence of the family is in the hospital and his situation has become fairly desperate.
My cousin caught it a couple weeks ago and he should be over it now I'll have to check on him.

Someone use to say on here years ago that anything you see blown up in the news over and over and over does not happen by accident. It has been planned for years and years. And that's what I believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

real christians don't use condoms!

this whole mask war is so stupid. i wonder why doctors wear masks during operations! i wear the mask to protect others, it doesn't hurt, just annoys me sometimes.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Indeed, if anymore proof was needed then theres this -

Worldwide there are thousands of health workers infected from hospital care wards - these hospital workers wear -

Gloves.
MASKS UNDER FACE SCREENS.
All PPE and still managed to get infected.

Correct, SOME people are so dumb.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Face Nappies.

Lazy people drop them on the floor, someone else has to pick it up.

Where are the yellow biohazard bins that should be on every shop door?

I don't wear one for health reasons, the looks i get, people shuffling round me like i'v got 'I HAVE A DEADLY DISEASE COME WITHIN 2 METRES YOU WILL DIE' tattooed on my forehead. And yes, i did try wearing various masks.

This all needs to stop, it is scaring the people that can't think for themselves, and doesn't help that the government change their mind on policy every hour (u-turns), even contradicting each other at the same time!

MP's need to get back in parliament, doctors seeing patients etc. We and the economy can't live like this for much longer, even those who obey every government rule to the letter will begin to see that.
edit on 30-8-2020 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2020 by Moohide because: spellin

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

To me it seems more like it's there to cover everyone's face from the camera. This makes it more difficult to mess with the terrorists. Just a guess though.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If wearing a mask gives me a better chance at not passing on covid to someone with underlying health problems and causing them to die in agony,then it does not bother me.
While it is true that most of us will survive covid with no lasting effects,that is not true for many already sick people.
Do those sick people not have the right to live anymore or something?

Sure masks are not very comfy and itchy,but I would rather an itchy chin than the knowledge that I had passed on a virus causing someone to die slowy in great pain.

I don't feel muzzled-I can still talk.
And as my teeth are not my primary weapon,I can still defend myself if needed.

I think people who rage about not wishing to wear a mask have some type of unaddressed deep seated insecurities if they think a sheet of fibre covering the nose and mouth is taking away their god given right to freedom.

There is plenty of oppression and government over reach to fight against if you so desire,I just don't see wearing a mask as the major horror that some people see.

And they do work,if used correctly.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yesterday was a beautiful day and after a long rainy week, I got out my convertible for the first time in a couple of months. Not being my daily drive, I didn’t realize I didn’t have a mask.

I stopped at the supermarket for a quick pickup. Just a few things and a bottle of wine for dinner. There was no opposition by the dreaded mask Gestapo as I grabbed a basket and started shopping, feeling a little guilty I was very careful to observe an extra large social distance.

As I was selecting a nice Cabernet a mildly attractive soccer mom approached me. I stood quietly, she spent two or three minutes berating me for not wearing a mask. As she seemed to run out of gas, Grinning I gently ask, “ Ma’am, may I speak now? Not only am I not wearing a mask, I’m not wearing any underwear, would you like to step into the men’s room and verify that.”She was still sputtering as I walked away.

edit on 30-8-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
All this has nothing to do with health or science. It’s 100% politics. After November 3, COVID will miraculously begin dying down. The media, far left cabal, deep state, etc. did all this - across the entire planet - because of their fear and hatred of one person. Decades from now, this will be studied in university sociology and political science courses.
edit on 8302020 by oriondc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some people were just brought up to be selfish.

I blame the parents.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What does a condom have to do with a face mask?

Do you wear a condom on your head because you heard it called a Jimmy cap?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Anyone still thinking we are dying from Covid must still be quarantined at home to terrified to go out and see for yourself.

7 months in and I’m still working and traveling my state of N.C. and only know of sick elderly dying from Covid, well 6% die exclusively from it.

In N.C. 1 in 5000 have died so far from Covid. That’s an auditorium filled with people and only one of them will die from Covid. And it’s been 7 months, not a week, not a one month, but 7.

Do yourself a favor and google your states population and then divide the amount of Covid deaths from your state to date. Compare that number to other deaths in your state from other causes...

Then wake up because you are being fooled!
edit on 30-8-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Condoms are not 100% safe. Condoms are made out of rubber, there are no 'holes' for the large sperm to get through.
Masks are literally as useful as drawing a mustache onto your top lip. Actually I go as far as to say, they help spreading not only this virus but a hell of a lot of other germs.

People who wear masks are the equivalent of a bear in tutu riding a bike. It's humiliating and of no use.

I have heard dangerous misinformations about how t-shirt fabric can hold back viruses. It's wrong. If that was the case, then why make professionals who work with dangerous particles wear industrial grade masks?
The reason is simple, it's particle size vs holes in masks.

A paper mask is literally a fashion mask, yes it stops big spittle but no virus. I am not worried about spittle if you don't cough into my face, especially not outside where the air will take most away.

However I see idiots wear masks only over their mouths and not their nose [not that it makes any feck of a difference], I see idiots cough in front of me and then putting a mask over afterwards. This has happened so many times I lost count.
I see these breeding rags hanging from one ear when not worn, a nice way to share what your warm moist mouth has multiplied. Hmmmm delicious. Then they touch them with their hands and put them into their bags or pockets. Lovely.

A virus won't even know that that breeding rag is in front of your mouth because it is too small and the holes are too big.
The mask that is still not 100% safe but safer than a piece of toiletpaper with strings is called a N95 grade here in Britain. The virus is 0.125 nano metres, N95 stops particles up to 0.3 nano meters. So some might get caught but not many.
And that is if you wear a N95 mask and not a piece of toilet paper, like all of those righteous but witless people do.
If you want to be totally safe you have to notch it up a bit and go for industrial grade masks with breathing facilities.
Everything else is just a joke.

It's fear, not knowing facts and virtue signalling that makes people wear these disgusting germ factories.

I am vulnerable and can't wear masks and won't wear any either. I have been mingling with people in parks, queues, shops, pubs etc for months now. I would think if this pathetic flu would be as dangerous as they say, I would have picked it up by now. Considering that I used to call myself an illness sponge, because as soon as anything goes round, I'll get it.

However not with this baby. And frankly if I get it, chances are pretty good that I either won't have any symptoms at all or hey...I'll get ill and suffer for a while, after which I will know that I have developed some decent antibodies.

The chances of dying are for 99% of people almost zero. If you are compromised however, anything can kill you. Not just one of these flus. In which case you must look after yourself and be more careful than usual.

Stop peddling this crap and start breathing freely. Fresh air and sunshine will be your friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I hear they break.

Are you saying condoms ALWAYS work 100% of the time? Yes in fact you're insinuating it directly.

But they fail often in reality...

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Corona has been infecting humans since the dawn of Civilization.

How did we make it to 2020 without masks lol?

Thats all you need to ask yourself.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

real christians don't use condoms!

this whole mask war is so stupid. i wonder why doctors wear masks during operations! i wear the mask to protect others, it doesn't hurt, just annoys me sometimes.

Probably because a surgeon cuts your body open which is an extreme risk of any infection.

They attempt to keep a sterile environment for slicing your body wide open.

Am I being sliced open at the store or is my "Skin" serving as a full body mask?

I swear you guys...
It's so obvious how did you not understand??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join