It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vietnam Bird Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
While reading up on flying cryptids, I came across a very strange story. I find flying cryptids fascinating because besides being extremely rare, they usually have a great story behind them, brimming with off-the-chart weirdness. Take the Mothman, for example. Absolute high-strangeness through and through. Or the Jersey Devil. More extreme weirdness. The sightings seem to come in bunches in a given area, then the entity disappears, sometimes reappearing years, even decades later. Compared to the flying cryptids, Bigfoot is boring, imo.

In August of 1969, the bird woman was allegedly witnessed by several American soldiers who were stationed in Da Nang. They were on lookout duty, outside of a bunker. IThe sighting occurred about 1:30 AM.
One of the eyewitnesses, Earl Morrison, gave this account:

“We saw what looked like wings, like a bat’s, only it was gigantic compared to what a regular bat would be. After it got close enough so we could see what it was, it looked like a woman. A naked woman. She was black. Her skin was black, her body was black, the wings were black; everything was black. But it glowed. It glowed in the night, kind of greenish cast to it. She started going over us, and we still didn’t hear anything. She was right above us, and when she got over the top of our heads she was maybe 6 or 7 feet up.”

Paranormal author/researcher Nick Redfern relates the story here.

This is posted on a Mothman wiki.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Weren't the American soldiers on a lot of drugs at the time during the Vietnam War? It's pretty well documented.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
Weren't the American soldiers on a lot of drugs at the time during the Vietnam War? It's pretty well documented.

Mass hallucinations or even the same hallucination between two drugged
up soldiers in Nam?

That's a myth that has never happened.
edit on 23-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
No. If you look it up the percentages are way higher, not to mention the hell they were suffering from the awesome gorilla warfare style attacks they were pit up against.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. Sure there are things that are undiscovered out there, but that was a shifty time in history. Lots of things were going on. Especially drug experiments with the United States soldiers.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I considered that possibility, but you'd have to be trippin on something strong, or maybe sleep deprived for days on speed to hallucinate like that, and as carsforkids suggested, how could several guys have a common hallucination?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. Sure there are things that are undiscovered out there, but that was a shifty time in history. Lots of things were going on. Especially drug experiments with the United States soldiers.

Sadly you are very correct in that respect.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No. If you look it up the percentages are way higher, not to mention the hell they were suffering from the awesome gorilla warfare style attacks they were pit up against.

This what I've read on the subject.

The problem with mass hallucinations, though, is that they don’t actually exist - at least not as we understand them. Although tossed around in everyday conversation, there is hardly any mention of mass hallucinations in the scientific literature. Some have speculated on the possibility, but there is very little scientific basis for the idea that multiple people could individually generate the same visual imagery and auditory information.

Source

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
All in all more crefible if they had tried to kill it.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Ropen from Papa New Guinea.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Bat wings are merely an extreme form of webbed fingers. Perhaps the poor woman suffered from a similar birth defect...though a birth defect that enables you to fly can't be all bad.

top topics

join