It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So I was on FB and Stonemountain64 posted a trailer to CoD Black Ops Cold War and to my surprise see Yuri Bezmenov talking about the Active Measures. Could this have been just the Devs coming across Yuri's interview on how the former KGB was/is trying to destabilize America and it fit into the games narrative or are they trying to wake people up to what's really going on and what has been playing out since the early 80's?

CoD Trailer

KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov's warning to America

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Clyde Lewis brought this up on his show tonight. Manipulation is one of the more interesting traits we’ve developed over time. Does anyone think they’re deliberately “red pilling” their gamer base, or just a marketing ploy. On one hand, they’re an established brand, so how much “crazy” marketing do they need. But on the other, they are a business, whatever it takes to make money.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hiding right plain sight.

Also interesting what key parts were left out.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Disclaimer of I work for Blizzard so anything said below is not an official statement of AB or any studio in our org.

I will actually take Occam's approach to this.

COD is a military based game that tries to, with varying degrees of success and failure, blend realism and fantasy.

During the Cold War Era on Earth the US and Russia were the primary enemies.

So why wouldn't clips that add to that realism fantasy approach be used?

new topics

top topics

join