It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2020 DNC Convention Format Hide Grampa in the Closet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have been monitoring the scheduled speakers that the DNC is slotting into their convention. It looks like The Party has opted to "showcase its deep bench of rising stars" rather than carve out a significant chunk of airtime for Joe Biden to address the convention.

“We wanted to do it differently this year, given the deep bench Democrats have across the country from the ground up,” said Stephanie Cutter, the veteran Democratic operative in charge of the convention program. “We’re highlighting 17 of our party’s young, up-and-coming leaders, representing a diverse group of ideas and perspectives from across the country, but all united in the fact that we need Joe Biden’s leadership in the White House. These are the people who will have his back, and work with him to drive change.”

I mean ...... the ostensible purpose of a primary and party convention is to coalescence around a single figure, emphasize the candidate, highlight their agenda and the planks of their campaign.

This is nothing more than a parlor trick, indirection "look here, but listen over there".

Does the DNC honestly think people are buying their explanation of "highlighting their deep bench" instead of following the traditional game plan, where the candidate addresses the convention, lays out their political vision, takes shots at the opposition, and rallies the base??

I thought Joe had been more lucid and intelligible in his recent speaking engagements? This, to me, is an obvious ploy to minimize Joe's air time, trying to keep him out of the spotlight, and away from microphones, as much as possible.

Just completely weird.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Biden will always speak wearing a mask. Someone else will be talking that "sounds" like Biden, but all he'll be doing is chewing gum.

That's how they'll do it.

His "mic" will never be on.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The Dems MO has always been sleight of hand, a con game, a racket.
That’s the only way they can stay relevant without any party platforms or plans.
When they roll Joe out, it will be Weekend at Bernie’s so they have to put that off as long as they can.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The selective editing and reviewing is taking longer than anticipated 😎

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The RNC went a better route I think.

Their speakers are going to be the regular american people that feel like the left has attacked them.

Going with actual average joes is a better plan.

I'd rather hear from large groups of everyday americans than a bunch of rich politicians.
I might watch the RNC stuff a little.

The conventions are always boring. I say move on to the debates already. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It just doesn't matter. Biden can win from his basement.

That's where America is.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
It just doesn't matter. Biden can win from his basement.

That's where America is.

Biden won’t win.

Wake from your wokeness.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Ok.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Ok.

Thank you,

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

yea especially after they touched on his tax plan, anyone over the age of about 18 should know this isnt the first time they blew this dog whistle, we are going to tax the wealthy 1%.

Shame the wealthy 1% never leave their money in a place to get taxed, and when revenue falls short who gets the burden, yep good old middle class takes it in the shorts.

The only scary thing is there may be enough woke 18 year olds to swing this thing to the rich old white guy, because the other rich old white guy is mean...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

But he will win. He isn't even doing anything and he's up above Trump. Trump is flailing.

But ok. I give up. I'll just vote (hopefully).

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

yea especially after they touched on his tax plan, anyone over the age of about 18 should know this isnt the first time they blew this dog whistle, we are going to tax the wealthy 1%.

Shame the wealthy 1% never leave their money in a place to get taxed, and when revenue falls short who gets the burden, yep good old middle class takes it in the shorts.

The only scary thing is there may be enough woke 18 year olds to swing this thing to the rich old white guy, because the other rich old white guy is mean...

I disagree,

When I was 15 my parents went out of town. Of Course I had a party.

I had more people in my parents house than I have ever seen Joe draw.

They want the Dems to hurry and vote.

Cause when Joe finally opens his mouth.

And they play the video of him molesting all those little girls.

He is a sick man. Nobody will cross the street to vote for him.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I Hear Joe will be Channeling Abraham Lincoln Tonight . Free the Knaves Joe !

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Yeah like last election ... where media giving the win to hillary it was impossible trump win!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

But he will win. He isn't even doing anything and he's up above Trump. Trump is flailing.

Lol so was Hillary months before the election, some polls had her at like 85% and Trump 7%
Good luck, hopefully you won’t be one of these people.....

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Lol so was Hillary months before the election, some polls had her at like 85% and Trump 7%
Good luck, hopefully you won’t be one of these people.....

Yup, Hilary. Still...sorry she wasn't Biden's running mate that would have gotten you all worked up.

Trump is done. He's done nothing. He's gone.

Biden sucks. But it's not Trump.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

First Joe Biden changes his mind about going to Milwaukee to accept the nomination in person.

Then Joe Biden cancels the traditional post-convention tour to thank America for nominating him. (His "No Malarkey" bus is gathering cobwebs.)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Is there a single dEm supporter who can name ONE of their policies or campaign promises?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Is there a single dEm supporter who can name ONE of their policies or campaign promises?

I can't get any of the anti-Trumpers to talk policy.

The second you do, you're accused of racism or being a Nazi.

They have nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join