It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson, The Successful Con-Artist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
For those of you who don't knwo who Pat Robertson is, here is a very brief backround. Pat Robertson is a 75 year old TV evangelist. He is a VERY wealthy man, which I will get into more detail on that later. He owns his very own television station too. The Christian Broadcasting Network. If you have ever watched the 700 club, you really should read this. Over the years, he has written several books and made coutless claims of having direct communication from God. He claims that he has the ability to heal people. He presents himself as if he is a prophet to the christian community. When he was younger, he was in the Korean war and claims to have seen combat, though the people he served with disagree. Afterwards, he went to yale and recieved a degree in law, and then proceeded to fail the bar exam. Then he decided to become a preacher, was ordained by the southern baptists, but later refused a church due to his views. That is a good start.

Some claims this man has made are pretty rediculous as most christian claims, so don't be suprised. He likes to use dates, and he also likes to write books with those dates, so that you can check them later when his predictions do not occur.

He claimed that he knew the year the tribulation would begin. That year would have been 1982. When it did not occur, he again claimed it would occur in 1984. Again, it just did not happen. I want to point something out though. he claimed that God himself told him these things. He claimed that God told him to usher in the end times.....to usher in personally the second coming of jesus. His TV network made specific plans for this event, including a fund raiser. Its funny, how we can trace money these days dont you think? He claimed that god told him he would win the election for president in 1988. Please refer to your handy dandy former presidents list and check that one, I don't think you will find him. Now these are just a few of what amounts to probably thousands of claims. These claims came directly from god.

Financially, this guy is pretty smart. One of the wealthiest people in the world actually. I wonder how he obtained this wealth? Well, here is a quote from his wife.

"He is not a television evangelist. He has never been an evangelist. He is a television broadcaster. He has a law degree. He's a businessman. He has a multi-million dollar business that he started with $70. He's a good businessman."

Interesting that millions of christians listen to his words everyday, and consider him an evangelist. WHo would have known that he was nothing of the sort. He is really just a business man. In any case, patty boy makes a lot of money off the donations that his christian broadcasting network pulls in. In fact, he makes so much money, that he has been able to do many things, including buying diamond mines. Wow, nothing like good christian money being put to good use. Especially considering the following. It got a little pricy at times to transport supplies and such to and from the mines. So, being the brillian con artist that he is, pat decided to divert some planes. Operation blesing was a charity funded by donations from his network. Christian donations. In anycase, these planes were tax exempt, as well as paid for by a charity claiming to be doing humanitarian work. He felt they would better serve as transport planes for his dioamond mines that he bought with your christian money. A pilot said:

"My first impression when I took the job was that we'd be called Operation Blessing and we'd be doing humanitarian work. We got over there and 'Operation Blessing' was painted on the tails of the airplanes, but we were doing no humanitarian relief at all. We were just supplying the miners and flying the dredges from Kinshasa out to Tshikapa."

This is just the surface of what this thread is going to hit on when people start to read it, but what I want to point out is this:

Millions of foolish christians support this man in one way or another. They do so by being ignorant fools. Christians.....Ignorant fools.... Are you seeing a pattern here? They give this guy money, which he graciously takes. Why do they do this? Because they are too lazy to look into what they are being told. They are blind followers. They are exactly what i keep getting in trouble for saying they are. It is really a shame.

This, again only scrathes the surface, and I won't get into what the bible has to say for those who make false claims in gods name. Lets just say Pat is lucky people like me don't allow christians to act on the things there bible tells them too.

Please, ask me to prove this stuff. This is the trend of christianity. It is the conspiracy. People who are willing to believe that a flood covered the entire earth including all of its mountains are easily fooled. So lets steal their money. Its been going on for hundreds of years.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Pat Robertson, Benny Han

Con artists making money off their beleivers. They'll go straight to hell when they die. Where else could they go?

Frauds.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, they sure are not talking to God...or at least a god that is telling them the truth. So, that leaves a few options. One, they are insane and stupid. Two, they are not talking to god, but someone else. And three, my favorite, they are lying sacks of dog poop.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Well, they sure are not talking to God...or at least a god that is telling them the truth. So, that leaves a few options. One, they are insane and stupid. Two, they are not talking to god, but someone else. And three, my favorite, they are lying sacks of dog poop.

Or better yet, they're exactly what you said they are "Very good businessmen"
As long as there are ignorant people to fool there will always be patty boys around. Who knows maybe a few thousand years later people will think of him as the great prophet who REALLY was the president. Oh the almighty president whose only goal was to serve humanity.
Ofcourse they wouldnt listen to the few who can see this as a sham!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
surely your are not suggesting that con men would use God to screw the gullible out of their money! The very thought is preposterous!

Ok, OK....I suppose the sad thing here is the poor souls who can't think for themselves. They can't find God on their own so they look to anyone who will tell them what god is. Then they send them their money.

Religion is a seriously profitable racket. I'd be saving souls if I had the moral terpitude to betray my own convictions.

Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will vanish.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yeah, I have been really looking into this for a while now with patty. This dude has some serious cash flow. All profit from his christian pulpit. Most of his businesses are supported by charity money given out of the foolish christians who listen to his lies.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What's up with Pat Robertson lately??? He's been flip flopping on
issues worse than John Kerry ever could dream of. I think he's
starting to lose it. (not that he ever had 'it' to begin with!)
He needs to take a break, step back, and go on a retreat somewhere
and regroup to see what is important - like his own soul.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
"Never join a religion with a waterslide."

new topics

top topics

join