It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To The Races

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Last night was an opportunity and much needed experience for me and the boy. With all the restrictions, lockdowns, and nothing to do around here me and the boy went to the races.

Some of my guys I work with in the machine shop invited me to go along with to see the sprint races at the Lincoln Speedway in Abbottsville PA. I couldn't refuse. When I got home from work I asked the boy he said "Car Races! HECK YEAH!"

It was his first race since he was able to attend because of the noise so I was super stoked we could do that together. This summer has been really hard on him as playgrounds were closed most of it, no beaches, parks closed, no arcades, fireworks not normal and everyone afraid of everyone else getting them sick.

The race was awesome, we did it all, waffle ice cream cones with vanilla ice cream, foam fingers, funnel cakes and loud fast ass cars, 3 coolers of beer and water and gatorade.

There was no SJW BS everyone stood for the national anthem no one was grinding on other people not wearing masks, our neighbors in the grand stands were fantastic people, when our boy dropped his hearing protection out of the stands cheering and being crazy they let us borrow an extra set. It was awesome to go to the races and seeing people having a good time like it was normal America again, it was much needed time with him and I and greatful my guys at the shop thought I would be into it and invited us to go with them.

I hope all you guys if you get an opportunity to go to the races you should go!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Oh man that sounds great! I was just sitting here thinking how freaking bored I am. Love to go to a bar and watch a game.

5 months of hell...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Do as I command and go to the races. =D Bring your own bar and some of your buddies, don't forget eye and hearing protection. Funnel cake not required but if you skip the bbq that's a sin.

My soon to be step son turned 5 in June, he loves mac and cheese, he had mac and cheese with bbq chicken and boardwalk fries on top of all the fried junk food he could stuff down his face. My lady was at work when we made the call to drive an hour n a half to the speedway wasn't mad that I took him she was more mad I didn't bring her back pit bbq and funnel cake =D
edit on 9-8-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You guys want something crazy fun to do?

well here you go..

www.tinywhoop.com...
edit on 9-8-2020 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

DUDE! That looks awesome! I'm going to show him that right now!!

DISAPPOINTMENT ALERT it appears all of their store is essentially sold out =(
edit on 9-8-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join