It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Violence - Rapper FBG Duck Killed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A popular chicago rapper, FBG Duck was killed in broad daylight this afternoon in downtown Chicago. Two cars pulled up and shot him on Oak Street, right off Michigan Avenue. While rappers getting smoked in Chicago is nothing unusual, getting blasted on Oak Street in the middle of the afternoon is pretty brazen. That would be like a drive by on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.

Not going to post the links, but there are videos on youtube of the aftermath - Duck bleeding out on the street.

Duck was part of the "Drill" rap scene which is essentially chicago's version of gangster rap. The songs frequently reference rival gangs and rappers have no issues dissing dead rival gang members by name.

However, Duck had matured quite a bit and seemed to be trying to help make peace in the streets. He had released a song earlier this year called Chicago Legends where he paid respect to deceased artists, many of which were from rival gang sets. It was a bold move.

Just starting this thread because Ducks death will likely be the catalyst for a lot more violence. I am sure his gang is gearing up to get revenge. Duck was a prominent figure so his death cannot go unanswered. The rival gang hoods are probably getting shot up as I type this...

Really sad... oh yeah, black lives matter.

edit on 5-8-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Really sad... oh yeah, black lives matter.

To more and more.
But was he killed because he was black?

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think he was pointing out the irony of black lives not mattering when the murderer is black, which is 99% of the tine.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Are they killed because they are black?
If not, the point would seem to be moot.

edit on 8/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sounds like the story in carlitos way.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
One of the reasons for the BLM movement was the belief that black deaths aren't received or reported on the same level as white deaths, and I think the wide variety of innocent black deaths that have seen widespread recognition on ATS and elsewhere since George Floyd's murder, particularly deaths in Chicago, has been a big success for BLM. Thanks for posting this!!

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The OP is black. Which drives the point in more.

Read some posts, take in some info for once — instead of always thinking of a snarky reply.

Context is everything. Isn’t it, Phage?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

No. It's irrelevant.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

No. It's irrelevant.

Only in your mind.

Think outside your box.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Interesting story where that phrase comes from, actually.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Whose point? Your point or the OPs? Because sadly, your point has been moot since about November of 2016.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A rising star in the pretend to be a gangster and glorify the ghetto for a paycheck scene is killed, ok bye.

This is what happens when you pretend to be a tough guy NSFW

www.youtube.com...

Of course to follow the endless cycle my favorite response, just as idiotic

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-8-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

not sure on the BLM wanting the individual reports of black people being murdered by another ( not a police officer ) black
person is high on their agenda. Saw a few post from black people upset with BLM regarding Bernell Trammell's murder not getting their attention.

But you might be right Rapper and gang member might be good publicity for them.
edit on 5-8-2020 by puzzled2 because: missed

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Are you assuming every cop who has killed a black man has done it over race...or any of them actually. That would be an assumption by you right? Cause like the rapper whom the OP is about...they could have all just been sh** people and rubbed folks the wrong way or did dumb stuff that put themselves at risk...right?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Are you assuming every cop who has killed a black man has done it over race

No.

That would be an assumption by you right? Cause like the rapper whom the OP is about...they could have all just been sh** people and rubbed folks the wrong way or did dumb stuff that put themselves at risk
So, blacks are disproportionately #ty people who do dumb stuff around cops? I'll look into that.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

According to the crime stats from the FBI yes

ETA: apparantly also in their own communities as the majority are killed by other black folks...
edit on 5-8-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I wonder if blacks might be stopped more that whites. I wonder if that might have something to do with it.

A white guy holds up a liquor store and goes on his way. Lots of white guys around, are all of them stopped?
A black guy holds up a liquor store. Not a lot of black guys around, are all of them are stopped?

What are the odds that the white guy gets away with the crime as opposed to the black guy?

ETA: apparantly also in their own communities as the majority are killed by other black folks...
Yes. We know that. Everybody knows that. This proves that blacks are killers and must be dealt with differently. Much differently.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Wow phage...that was the most emotional illogical post I've yet seen from you. You're a mess man...clean it up.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Please point out the errors in logic.
Excluding the obvious sarcasm of the last point.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I'll give you 1 and tbh you barely deserve that...

You assume white people get away with more crimes yet you nor I have any evidence to prove such a charge.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join