It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL but WEIRD book titles to have on your shelf during a Zoom meeting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It seems like everybody is doing Zoom meetings in front of bookshelves these days to make themselves look more intellectual. Or at least to hide what poor taste they have in household decorations.

If I wanted to put together a custom bookshelf with as many freaky, weird or alarming books on it as possible, could anybody recommend some?

The books have to be real. They have to be available in English, and they have to be in general circulation right now. So nothing illegal or obscure that nobody can actually buy.

Like maybe books on cannibalism, or how to commit the perfect murder, or an atlas of countries where you can have sex with farm animals, or maybe a guide to marrying your cousins?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

"First blast of the trumpet against the monstrous regiment of women"- John Knox, 1558
Available in paperback now, e..g from Amazon www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I sense this thread is just a ruse just so you can get a lead to buy the third suggestion.

I have you sussed..

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Something by HP Lovecraft comes to mind.
Michael Aquino and the Temple of Set also works.
Grab a copy of the Necronomicon too.

Maybe have a candle or two to really set the vibe.

Good luck, ya gonna need it.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
house of leaves

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"How to serve Man"

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Hmm anarchist cookbook, terrorist handbook, satanic bible, next to the christian bible and the quran, there's that go the # to sleep kids book you could toss in there between them just for the # of it...actually, just throw random Dr. Seuss books inbetween all the #ed up ones to trip them out more, throw in some serial killer novels like american psycho and silence of the lambs next to a copy of Lolita, make sure a clockwork orange is nearby.

Then do like a row of butchery text books, meat preservation, maybe have a few books on cleaning products, a book on human anatomy, a surgeon's guide, throw a chemistry textbook on there just for the # of it.

Then just have a shelf full erotic romance novels with the most gratuitous titles you can find.

ETA: or maybe just a wall full of Japanese erotic manga and a couple blow up dolls propped up?
edit on 2/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

120 days of sodom by Marquis de Sade

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You’ll probably need a few book ends too.
How many crystal skulls are still missing? Do they make knockoffs? It might be interesting to have one of those!

I have a big, thick bone, that I found under a pine tree in the woods, when I was a kid. Somebody said maybe an ox or draft horse leg bone. Really unusual looking. Our neighborhood used to be a farm. My Dad found a horseshoe in the garden too.

Anything unusual, that you don’t see everyday!
Something in a jar of formaldehyde! 🙄
Hmmm...I don’t know where my mind wants to go today?

WOQ

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
Good point maybe an insect display case filled with murder hornets

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How to Butcher the Human Body for Meat

To Serve Man - Turning Your Neighbors Into Tasty Treats

50 Shades of Hay - Erotica of Horse Culture

Death Cults for Dummies

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
house of leaves

Thread over.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Bad Wisdom by Bill Drummond and Mark Manning. Something is clearly wrong - and more clearly right, with you if you own this book.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That’s a great book. There was actually talk of course turning it into a movie. It would be disastrous. I don’t think a movie could catch the vibe at all after they rappel downward.

Great book 🤙

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Best weird title I have is "Foggy Foggy Death." Bought at a garage sale for the title only and haven't read it.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hmm anarchist cookbook, terrorist handbook, satanic bible, next to the christian bible and the quran, there's that go the # to sleep kids book you could toss in there between them just for the # of it...actually, just throw random Dr. Seuss books inbetween all the #ed up ones to trip them out more, throw in some serial killer novels like american psycho and silence of the lambs next to a copy of Lolita, make sure a clockwork orange is nearby.

Then do like a row of butchery text books, meat preservation, maybe have a few books on cleaning products, a book on human anatomy, a surgeon's guide, throw a chemistry textbook on there just for the # of it.

Then just have a shelf full erotic romance novels with the most gratuitous titles you can find.

You Sir,
have given this entirely to much thought..

Somehow I believe you own all of those publications. Yet you don't display them openly..

Oh No..

THOSE are kept in your "second" basement, hidden from view from all but your latest.."Guest"

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I may own some....I'm not going to say which though. I'll leave that up to the imagination.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Only book I’ve ever read besides the Bible that I was forced to reference pages with sticky notes I own 2 copies of the book and both vary very greatly with the documentary narrative I am aware of the whalestoie note sequel but haven’t had the energy to eff with this sort of reading lately. I love the way house of leaves is written because my natural style of writing is similar in my comic book were reference material or the story is either a footnote or part of understanding an image or reading page 3 makes more sense on page 15 because it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Another book old school murder mystery “who dun-it” books
The Westinghouse game

Brian Corbin used to write some strange graveyard style super natural books along time ago. Then again when I was old enough to read quasi complicated novels some other notable boyhood reading was hatchet by Gary Paulson and the sequel I don’t remember the name to. Those are in the vein of white fang and call of the wild. Other interesting reads are Tibetan book of the dead (dry reading with juicy ass incite) with footnotes of coarse. I could reference you some really awesome graphic novels but I suppose your looking to impress people with an intelligent collection on zoom. If you ever want to read about immortal races warringto kill each other with human proxies done in classic fresco painting HMU

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join